LEONARD RESCHEDULES EUROPEAN PERFORMANCES DUE TO INJURY

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: LEONARD RESCHEDULES EUROPEAN PERFORMANCES DUE TO INJURY

Postby jarkko » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:05 am

A lot has happened last night while I was sleeping! Special thanks to Marie who was on the alert and posted the press release right away!
Rescheduling the whole tour has been an immense task for Robert and everybody at the tour management and AEG. They have
given priority to the most important thing, Leonard's recovery. I am sure that the next Fall will bring us a wonderful tour!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
commonweal

Postby commonweal » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 am

Jarkko,

I'd like to thank you for the considerate way you and the team have handled this difficult episode. Like everyone here I wish Leonard a speedy and pain-free recovery.

Are we safe to assume that tickets for the March shows will be valid for the September shows? And is there any news on refund arrangements for those of us unable to attend re-scheduled shows?

All best,
Commonweal
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:27 am

AEG and the tour management wanted to announce the news as soon as the new dates were fixed. The local organizers are now working on the necessary arrangements.The details will be available soon.
As far as I know, the March tickets will be valid for September, too, but if the new timing is not convenient for the ticket holder, there will be a refund. - We will have all instructions on the websites as soon as we get them.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
phillip

Postby phillip » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:35 am

Get well soon Leonard and take care of your back, good luck with the rest of the tour in september even though I won't be there unless you come back to UK! Thanks for the concerts you did do in 2008/09 I'll never forget the great concerts you gave, rest well now and get well :D
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
phillip

Postby phillip » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:39 am

MarieM wrote:Appreciate the thanks, but all thanks should be directed to Robert Kory who called me up to make sure I posted this before you all read about it in the media. Jarkko would have done the posting but he has the nerve to be sleeping in the middle of the night in Finland.
Well Jarkko does need to Sleep once in a while lol!
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
phillip

Postby phillip » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 am

lizzytysh wrote:Perhaps, he'll see a chiropractor, too. It seems that would be a good idea. Some cranio-sacral massage would do well, too. I feel it's an EXCELLENT idea for Leonard to just take time to rest. How he does it all in the first place is beyond me. WAY beyond me!

yeah lizzy how does he do it I hope I am as fit when I am 75!
phillip

Postby phillip » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:50 am

jarkko wrote:A lot has happened last night while I was sleeping! Special thanks to Marie who was on the alert and posted the press release right away!
Rescheduling the whole tour has been an immense task for Robert and everybody at the tour management and AEG. They have
given priority to the most important thing, Leonard's recovery. I am sure that the next Fall will bring us a wonderful tour!
Thanks Jarkko, Robert and to all Leonard's management hope he is well very soon :D
mnkyface

Postby mnkyface » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:30 pm

"For Leonard Cohen - Ken Sunshine / Tiffany Shipp, Sunshine, Sachs & Associates, shipp@sunshinesachs.com / 001 212-691-2800"

I see that Ken Sunshine is *quite* the big-wig: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Sunshine

Isn't this a new PR person/company for Leonard? I've never seen the name mentioned before.
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Postby somewhat_nifty » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Sorry to hear that Leonard is injured, I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery. At least the waiting is over - patience may well be a virtue, but I sure don't have it! Thank you Jarkko, Marie and the management for letting us know as soon as was possible. Here's to the autumn tour!

pssst - anyone wanna buy some non-refundable Eurostar tickets? Lille is lovely in March I hear... :lol:
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
lightasabreeze

Postby lightasabreeze » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Thank you for giving us the news. I was beginning to worry about him.
Oh Thank Goodness he is otherwise feeling well. Get Well Soon Leonard, your health comes first.
We can wait..
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
StBruno

Postby StBruno » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Many thanks for the news; so good to know its better than many feared. Best of luck for the recovery and best of luck with the new schedule - both for those of us with new arrangements to make and to those with a fresh opportunity to get to one of the new shows.

Here's to a return of harmony to the forum!
B
...like one who believes
drsing

Postby drsing » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:34 pm

StBruno wrote: a fresh opportunity to get to one of the new shows.
Same cities but other dates. No new cities so far :?:
Best wishes for Leonard :!:
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
confetti

Postby confetti » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Glad to hear Leonard will be ok. :D :D
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
TheSpice-BoxOfEarth

Postby TheSpice-BoxOfEarth » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:47 pm

Thank you Marie and Jarkko for your patience with us. I`m sorry to hear that Leonard is injured but I`m glad that he is getting good care.

Dear Leonard, get well soon! Keep yourself warm (especially your back and toes), eat well, spend time with your family and friends, laugh much, and rest, rest and rest! We all love you and we will wait until you are completely recovered.

With warm and healing wishes,
Viivi
A cross on every hill
A star, a minaret
So many graves to fill
O love, aren’t you tired yet?

- The Faith, Leonard Cohen
Inne

Postby Inne » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for posting this news still before the weekend.
It seems that all that bending and kneeling has done no good indeed ! I wish Leonard a full and "take your time" recovery.
As to the postponed concerts, I certainly hold on for Lille but I already cancelled my hotel reservation for Strasbourg while I'm planning now to go to Marseille instead. Obviously there are no decent seats left anymore (I only need one), the best you can have right now is on the 15th row.
So if anyone has one spare ticket in the first ten rows, or isn't able to make it on the new date, please let me know !

BTW, I wonder if they are planning "to do something" within the eight days left between Lille and Katowice.
Belgium is very near ... :)
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate

Return to “News”