The Diamond's Mine (one year on)

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Pete

Re: The Diamond's Mine (one year on)

Post by Pete »

sereneava wrote:Five years on. Is it still available?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Diamonds-Mi ... 569&sr=1-1

I'm selling it through amazon at a reduced price (market forces etc :) ) and I still have some stock.

Thanks for asking.

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
evie

Post by evie »

I think I've just ordered from you - Cohenite 451- as opposed to Farenheit 451, love the name! Thanks, Eve
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
Pete

Post by Pete »

evie wrote:I think I've just ordered from you - Cohenite 451- as opposed to Farenheit 451, love the name! Thanks, Eve
That's me - Cohenite451 :) I've just received your order via amazon and will post it asap.
Thanks for buying it. Hope you enjoy it.

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
evie

Post by evie »

Just received my copy, thank you Pete and thanks very much for signing it. I didn't realise you were the author, fabulous! I'm really looking forward to reading it, when I get the time. Your brief life story is very similar to mine, but I never learned how to play the guitar, just sang along with a few friends back in the early '70's. Best wishes, Eve x
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
Padma

Post by Padma »

I have a feeling I have to settle up with a maths teacher for the unsigned copy I have. Can one of his appreciative readers tell me if it has appreciated in price?
sereneava

Post by sereneava »

Four days and several PMs on, I have finally managed to place my order through Amazon. Amazing what happens when I really look at what's on the screen. For anyone else outside the UK who would like to order a copy here are some tips. Ignore the first message advising that this title is available to UK customers only; because it is referring to Kindle. On the next page click on "paperback", then "new". I almost bought a secondhand copy.
Thanks for your patience Pete.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Padma wrote:I have a feeling I have to settle up with a maths teacher for the unsigned copy I have. Can one of his appreciative readers tell me if it has appreciated in price?
I think Harry's guitar would be fair payment :)
No rush at all Padma. I know we will meet again sometime somewhere.
I'm still feeling very guilty that the early ones I sold I didn't sign - I thought it presumptuous of me to do so but now I know it's expected.
The unsigned ones are a rarity :)
Pete
Pete

Post by Pete »

sereneava wrote:Four days and several PMs on, I have finally managed to place my order through Amazon. Amazing what happens when I really look at what's on the screen. For anyone else outside the UK who would like to order a copy here are some tips. Ignore the first message advising that this title is available to UK customers only; because it is referring to Kindle. On the next page click on "paperback", then "new". I almost bought a secondhand copy.
Thanks for your patience Pete.
..and thank you for your patience, Sue. We're nearly there!! Now awaiting amazon to email me the order details.

The Kindle version should be available to all countries - now I'll need to check that, although it has been purchased from France.

Regarding the paperback version - the only person selling new copies is me (under the name Cohenite 451 - Evie was correct in deducing the thinking behind the 451 bit :) )
No one else can sell new copies because I have all the stock at home :)

Pete
Padma

Post by Padma »

Pete -
Sounds like a very fair exchange to me - noisy guitar for quiet read. "He" may have other ideas....guitar winging its way to you (again). Hope it arrives this time and doesn't do a carrier pigeon on me like last time - and somehow find its way back home again!
Have a lovely Christmas. X
evie

Post by evie »

Padma wrote:Can one of his appreciative readers tell me if it has appreciated in price?
Hi Padma, all I can say is my copy is now priceless in such a short time, ha ha.

Great to meet you in Brighton back in August, take care, Eve x

Padma

Post by Padma »

I have photos - were they of you? I am totally hopeless with names! PM me with an email address if they were and I will send them on - or Facebook me.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Pete,

I've been putting off ordering your book for quite some time now (don't know why :roll: ). I just ordered your last available copy :D. Merry Christmas to me! Could you please do me a favor and autograph it for me before you send it out? Much appreciated!

Wishing you all the best in this coming New Year!

Grateful regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Pete

Post by Pete »

MaryB wrote:Pete,

I've been putting off ordering your book for quite some time now (don't know why :roll: ). I just ordered your last available copy :D. Merry Christmas to me! Could you please do me a favor and autograph it for me before you send it out? Much appreciated!

Wishing you all the best in this coming New Year!

Grateful regards,
Mary
Hi Mary,
I now have your order and it will be in the post in the next few days. The Post Office is at the bottom of the hill and I live at the top of the hill - and it's a big hill :)
Thank you for buying my last available copy. Fortunately I have more 'last available copies' available :)
Happy New Year!
Pete
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

This reminds me of much laughter with a book in my hand.
Your inimitable humour lives in those pages, Pete :lol:
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
sereneava

Post by sereneava »

Hi Pete,
My book arrived today. Reading it will be a great way to start the new year.
Happy New Year from down under.
Susan

Return to “News”