Leonard Cohen lands in Israel

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jglBB

Re: Leonard Cohen lands in Israel

Postby jglBB » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:22 am

Never seen so many details appearing in the press prior to a concert. Only the room numbers are missing! And I was thinking that security was an important concern in Israel. Phew! :roll:
mwaldman

Postby mwaldman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:50 am

Here is a picture of Leonard's double from the website of the Israeli newspaper Maariv. Isn't the double Javier Mas? It sure looks like the same hat that Javier wore at the Beacon pre-show reception! Nice shades, Dino!
LC Arrives In Tel Aviv.jpg
LC Arrives In Tel Aviv.jpg (12.01 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
Here is the caption to the picture that was on the website (courtesy of Google translate - the original caption was in Hebrew).
Leonard Cohen Behind doubled hat.
Secured by Jazz Police. Screenshot from: News 10

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
mnkyface

Postby mnkyface » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:40 am

Is Chris Bynum one of the crew? And does his position need to be filled? :razz: :lol:

I wonder why that article says Leonard is using the private plane to travel "around" Israel. For what- sightseeing?- in the next 36 hours before the concert?? Shouldn't he still be resting??
ladydi wrote:Yewwww..."food tester". I don't know. After Spain, perhaps not. Even Chris Bynum got very very sick. But, what the heck...gorgeous hotels, a great band, Leonard....a little food poisoning every now and then would drop a few pounds! But I think I would rather be the shoe-shiner....or espresso maker....or wine taster....or sunscreen applier 8) !
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Postby seadove » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:59 am

mnkyface wrote:Is Chris Bynum one of the crew? And does his position need to be filled? :razz: :lol:

I wonder why that article says Leonard is using the private plane to travel "around" Israel. For what- sightseeing?- in the next 36 hours before the concert?? Shouldn't he still be resting??
ladydi wrote:Yewwww..."food tester". I don't know. After Spain, perhaps not. Even Chris Bynum got very very sick. But, what the heck...gorgeous hotels, a great band, Leonard....a little food poisoning every now and then would drop a few pounds! But I think I would rather be the shoe-shiner....or espresso maker....or wine taster....or sunscreen applier 8) !
The plane that he hired to see the country has been booked and it is a differant plane than the one he used to get to the country. It's probably a Piper or a Cesna.
seadove

Re: Norman? :-)

Postby seadove » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:02 am

He hasn't been to Israel since about 24 years! :shock: Obviously it is important that he sees the country.

Also, it is important that our President, Mr Shimon Peres, sees him. I will have nothing less than that!!! 8)
reneny3

Postby reneny3 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:36 am

seadove wrote:He hasn't been to Israel since about 24 years! :shock: Obviously it is important that he sees the country.

Also, it is important that our President, Mr Shimon Peres, sees him. I will have nothing less than that!!! 8)
Let's just be hapy that he is here and leave all the rest up to him? ;)

Looking forward to a great concert. :D :D :D
There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
seadove

Postby seadove » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:54 am

reneny3 wrote:
seadove wrote:He hasn't been to Israel since about 24 years! :shock: Obviously it is important that he sees the country.

How protective of you to him! 8)

Are you also coming to the concert? Well if so, I'll be in block number 17, if you see a short, ugly and scary guy with pimples on his face waving at you, that's probably me. ;-)
siempie1956

Postby siempie1956 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:56 am

see you all in block 17! I am the guy with the silly smile on his face....
seadove

Postby seadove » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:05 am

siempie1956 wrote:see you all in block 17! I am the guy with the silly smile on his face....

{{{{{silly guy}}}}} ;-)
reneny3

Postby reneny3 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:35 am

seadove wrote:
reneny3 wrote:

How protective of you to him! 8)

Are you also coming to the concert? Well if so, I'll be in block number 17, if you see a short, ugly and scary guy with pimples on his face waving at you, that's probably me. ;-)
He's an international treasure and an endangered species - of course we should all be protective of him. ;)

And of course I'm coming to the concert!!! Wouldn't miss it for the world. We were lucky enough to get tickets on Gush D :) but if I’ll see that pimpled scary guy, I sure will wave back. :D

Btw - I'm guessing most people there would have silly smiles on their faces...
There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in.
hydriot

Postby hydriot » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:24 pm

reneny3 wrote:He's an international treasure and an endangered species - of course we should all be protective of him. ;)
After my late father reached the age of seventy he used to refer to himself, with gentle humour, as an Ancient Monument. I treasured him as such (a person to be preserved, protected and admired), and today think of Leonard in much the same way.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Purple Princess

Postby Purple Princess » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:42 pm

And I will be the gal who has every possible emotion going on and an even sillier grin on her face!!!!

I arrived here in this beautiful Country at 2.30 a.m., took a train up north to my cousins and am currently sitting on her patio in this amazing sunshine listening to LC!! Plan A was to actually stay at The Dan but hey ho! lol. I cant believe that finally the 24th is imminent!!

Lehit PP :D :D :D :D
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
seadove

Postby seadove » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Purple Princess wrote:And I will be the gal who has every possible emotion going on and an even sillier grin on her face!!!!

I arrived here in this beautiful Country at 2.30 a.m., took a train up north to my cousins and am currently sitting on her patio in this amazing sunshine listening to LC!! Plan A was to actually stay at The Dan but hey ho! lol. I cant believe that finally the 24th is imminent!!

Lehit PP :D :D :D :D
Welcome to the land of sunshine, sunshine. ;-) I hope your stay will be as enjoyable as the concert, of which we are anticipating for such a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time. 8)
Purple Princess

Postby Purple Princess » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Why thank you Seadove!! Have to keep popping inside out of this heat!!

When I arrived, the tickets were on my bed and are now in the zipped compartment of my bag!! I loved the wee envelope they were in too!

Ok, back to the sunshine,,,,, 8) 8)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
friscogrl

Postby friscogrl » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 pm

I can't think of a better way to end this leg of tour than by having this concert in Israel! I can't wait for reports. All of his concerts touch us but this one one obviously has special meaning! Have a great time all 47,000 of you!

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9

Return to “News”