LEONARD IS FEELING FINE

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
ispellit

Re: LEONARD IS FEELING FINE

Post by ispellit »

mutti wrote:Thank you Marie and Robert and Tom for this thread and passing on the news to us so fast...
I hope Leonard is feeling better soon and gets some rest.
It was so nice of Dino to let us know....
I can only strongly second that ! Thanks to all of you!

Thinking of your protesting... I hope, Leonard, you will take your time to fully recover instead of performing on Monday at any cost!
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Matthew 7,3
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

Thanks for the update, it's really appreciated, the news was way too unsettling, Lenny mate, time to pour a decent red and smell the roses for a month or so! We need you round for another couple of decades!In other words, Many Happy returns!
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

MarieM wrote:Yeah, I need Tom Sakic to help me move this all the way to the top. Who knows how many heart attacks we can prevent.
You was quicker than my help:) I am still recovering from my heart attack here.

Only two shows to go, that's what's on my mind,,, and then rest before US tour and then Leonard can finally live like a retired poet:) Knowing Leonard, he was probably really upset when they didn't let him go back to the stage. And I simply cannot imagine the horror of seeing him fainting down. Let's home somebody stupid will NOT put that on YouTube.
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Sharon Robinson's tweet:

Leonard is fine. Bad case of food poisoning but he's fine. Tour continuing on as planned.

http://twitter.com/sharonrobinsong
Marie
Speaking Cohen
schubert

Post by schubert »

Wow what a relief to hear he his ok.I do think he should take a long desreved rest after this tour.
Puddingdale

Post by Puddingdale »

I am glad I only read about it all after Leonard's feeling better and not yesterday. Thank you for all the information, everyone. I hope he will indeed recover and be able to have a wonderful birthday on Monday. Hope he will take it slow and postpone the concert rather than endangering his health again. :(

May he get well soon with all the good vibes being send his way.
andrea

Post by andrea »

Dear all,
We too, just got this terrible information from my nice who knows about my passion and she did send me the link (see below) and felt shocked.
Thank you Marie for better news, lets hope he is fine and can relax to go on with his plans.
Leonard obviously needs to relax.
Tom you just got the right words and as you say , let's hope no youtube of it.
Thank you Dino and all the group of course....
Leonard take care of yourself PLEASE . Leonard we wish you all our very best, we are on our way to Barcelona (flight in 4 hours) and hope to see you there or know you are there in good health (and we understand if you do not feel to give the monday's concert, the important thing for us is that you are well ).
Love and hugs
Andrea & Marco

http://www.suedkurier.de/news/panorama/ ... 30,3947328
Last edited by andrea on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

I send the warmest of warm thoughts on the wind to wish Leonard a full and speedy recovery. It is great hear he feels fine now. But in the end, for me, health is more important by far than one concert more or less. A really well deserved break is soon in sight in any case!

Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Andrea, it's youtubed - just saw everything, it's awful.

All Croatian media has published this news in last 2 hours...
remote1

Post by remote1 »

Just wanted to say that I agree with everything that's been expressed in both threads. All best wishes to Leonard Cohen!
"We are so lightly here"
RoyJerusalem

Post by RoyJerusalem »

Hallelujah.
Thanks for the news guys.

Take care, Mr Cohen... Shana tova.
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

And Shana Tova from me too Leonard and take real good care of yourself. xx ;-)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Oh my goodness! I hope Leonard is recovering :( I am setting off to Barcelona tomorrow but will completely understand if he doesn't go ahead with the concert - take all the time you need Leonard, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Dear Leonard - the news was shocking but I do really hope everything will be OK. All my warm thoughts and good wishes are with you now.

Mirek
ascoli

Post by ascoli »

Leonard please take care of yourself.
We love you so much.

Return to “News”