LEONARD IS FEELING FINE

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
John Etherington

Re: LEONARD IS FEELING FINE

Postby John Etherington » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 am

Dear Leonard,

Glad you're not broken down from a recent fall!

Many Happy Solar Returns.

John E
B4real

Postby B4real » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:20 am

I was sitting at my computer working on my submission for Leonard's 75th birthday and have just heard the news that he collapsed on stage. I absolutely freaked out :!: I'm so glad to hear he's fine now and will be OK for his birthday. I truely don't know where his stamina comes from. Take care Leonard.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
rosered51

Postby rosered51 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:01 am

This is what I posted on the Huffington Post before I came here:

Mr. Cohen is an international treasure. I cannot adequately express how much comfort and pure joy he has provided me over the years. I was a writer, artist, designer and seamstress, but am now disabled, and cannot use my hands or arms. Listening to his music takes the sting out of what I have lost. While muchof his music is quite serious, with healthy doses of irony and cynicism, it always makes me laugh, a vital part of the healing process, as we all know. I cannot imagine a world without Leonard Cohen in it, and I hope I don't have to do that for a very, very long time. But come what may, the music will live on, along with the pleasure it brings. Get well, Mr. Cohen. Don't work too hard. You have already contributed far more than anyone could possibly be expected to. I wish you love, peace and a rapid recovery.

Sharon

After coming here:

Thank G-d! Mr. Cohen is indestructible. And I know he will keep rolling on for many years to come. I wish him peace, love and good health. The world needs him now more than ever -- I need him.

Sharon
DeeCeedoubleU

Postby DeeCeedoubleU » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:09 am

I'm so glad to hear that Leonard is doing fine. Here's hoping that he continues to stay well for many years to come. My prayers are that Leonard has an awesome 75th birthday and a well deserved break after Barcelona!
goldstei

Postby goldstei » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:18 am

Here are some links to mainstream news coverage; check out the many moving comments on the Huffington Post link.of which the first is my favorite: "Leonard showed his heart to the doctor and our names were all written on it":

Google News Alert for: leonard cohen tour 2009
Leonard Cohen recovers after collpsing onstage in Spain
Gaea Times (blog)
MADRID — Leonard Cohen is recovering after collapsing onstage while on tour in eastern Spain, his music company said Saturday. ...
See all stories on this topic
Leonard Cohen collapses on stage in Spain
The Gazette (Montreal)
18, 2009, and was helped off stage to receive treatment from a medical team. Montreal singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen was forced to cut short a concert in ...
Hindustan Times
Under The Covers
Hindustan Times
The second project, now in the works, is Songs Of Leonard Cohen. The first track, Suzanne, is out on the website and those who've played on it include, ...
Got a moment? Our reporters recall their favourites
Globe and Mail
At one point, someone raised the question of boycotting Leonard Cohen, because he had resisted pressure not to perform in Tel Aviv after his planned concert ...

Google Blogs Alert for: leonard cohen tour 2009
Leonard Cohen Recovering From Onstage Collapse
By The Huffington Post News Editors
MADRID — Leonard Cohen is recovering after collapsing onstage while on tour in eastern Spain, his music company said Saturday. The veteran poet and performer has been released from hospital after suffering from a stomach complaint, Doctor Music ... Leonard Cohen is a great, great artist and I wish him the best. My favorite song has always been "Democracy", but he's one of a kind and his music will live forever. Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 11:27 AM on 09/19/2009 ...
The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/raw_feed_index.rdf
Leonard Cohen Recovers from Collapse : Tour in Eastern Spain | US ...
By US
Leonard Cohen Recovers from Collapse : Tour in Eastern Spain. on Sep 19th, 2009 and filed under Entertainment. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry ...
US Post Today. - http://www.usposttoday.com/
Leonard Cohen recovers from collapse - Entertainment - Bradenton.com
Leonard Cohen is recovering after collapsing onstage while on tour in eastern Spain, his music company said Saturday. ... Published: Saturday, Sep. 19, 2009. Updated: Saturday, Sep. 19, 2009. Comments (0) | ...
Bradenton.com: Homepage - http://www.bradenton.com/homepage/index.rss
TBOEXTRA.com :: Singer, poet Leonard Cohen recovers from collapse
Published: September 19, 2009. MADRID - Leonard Cohen is recovering after collapsing onstage while on tour in eastern Spain, his music company said Saturday. The veteran poet and performer has been released from hospital after suffering ...
TBO Extra - http://tboextra.com/content/list/entertainment/
Leonard Cohen collapses on stage | Stock Market News - Business ...
By Editor
The Canadian singer was treated first by stadium medical staff and then taken by ambulance to a local hospital. He was given the all-clear in the early hours of Saturday. A band member told the crowd Cohen had suffered stomach cramps and vomiting fits. His concert organisers say the final date of the Spanish tour will go ahead in Barcelona on Monday. After Spain, Cohen is due to perform in Florida on 17 October. The legendary artist resumed touring ... 2009-09-18 16:05 ...
Rocket News - http://www.rocketnews.com/
mirka

Postby mirka » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:30 am

Dear Mr Cohen, get well soon, and PLEASE take a very good care of yourself.....
MediumRedRose.JPG
MediumRedRose.JPG (6.56 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
valerio fiandra

Postby valerio fiandra » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:49 am

Now that everything went well, I'm feelin better and wonder if Mr. Cohen will refer on stage about The Paella Fever...
Me, I'm in Tel Aviv, already. Waitin for The miracle to come...

Any other friend coming here thursday ?

Ciao from Valerio
jenrbr

Postby jenrbr » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:13 am

valerio, who is already in Israel
Lucky person.
Yes, indeed, waiting for the miracle to come... beautifully put
Would have done almost anything to see Leonard Cohen in Israel.
Will have the honor to hear him in NYC this October.

By the way, if you have a moment, make sure you try the double espresso at ILAN'S cafe on Ibn Gvirol street in Tel Aviv.
Magic happens when you do.

Enjoy
kol tov
Jenny
valerio fiandra

Postby valerio fiandra » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 am

jenrbr wrote:valerio, who is already in Israel
Lucky person.
Yes, indeed, waiting for the miracle to come... beautifully put
Would have done almost anything to see Leonard Cohen in Israel.
Will have the honor to hear him in NYC this October.

By the way, if you have a moment, make sure you try the double espresso at ILAN'S cafe on Ibn Gvirol street in Tel Aviv.
Magic happens when you do.

Enjoy
kol tov
Jenny
toda', Jenny ! I will have it, you know : as an italian, comin from Trieste ( home of Illy, The best espresso in The Planet ... ) I'm a coffe addict and lover.

Actually, I'm hangin on a miracle, for I do not have a ticket for The Concert so far. But I'm not "waiting", I'm doing almost anything to Be there .

Thanx for your wishes, take care !
plotino

Postby plotino » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:13 am

yes, better not mingle with these thoughts
Last edited by plotino on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caz

Postby caz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 am

My (very active) 87 year old mother-in-law has suffered from this for years and with treatment carries on as normal. She is painfully thin too but she burns off all her spare calories mowing the lawn, cutting hedges etc (she won't let us do it - "a day will come when I can't. Then I'll let you."). I think that's partly why she's still so amazingly spry. Admittedly though she hasn't ever embarked on a massive world tour.....I've often thought that Leonard's frequent kneeling and rising during the performance would send ME dizzy (and play havoc with my knees) and I'm 20 years younger!

Glad you're feeling better Leonard: take care of yourself or at least let others!

Carole x
<later edit> I post this as a reassurance, not an extended discussion or hypothesis on Leonard's health!
Last edited by caz on Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A.Sukitu

Postby A.Sukitu » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Dear Leonard:
May you be well,
May you be happy,
May you be free from suffering,
May you make progress.
You are in my mettas; take good care of yourself.
love, always.
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
howthelightgetsin

Postby howthelightgetsin » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:05 pm

plotino wrote:
jenrbr wrote:plotino/angel

Interesting post.
Since you mentioned concern for Leonard Cohen's physical state.. I was wondering if perhaps this was not just a bout of intestinal flu but perhaps also symptomatic of orthostatic hypotention?
Was it determined he had an episode of syncopy?
He is unbelievably agile, remarkably so.

I hope he is given a full workup.

I certainly need Leonard Cohen to be around for a long long time....

kol tov
Jenny

jenny,
my concern is that after seeing how thin his hands are, how thin he is overall....dont want to mention the word
but it made me think of the image of a patient's closing time

I know you all mean well :) but such depth to the comments on his health... can't we just wish him well and carry on now?
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
Alsiony

Postby Alsiony » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:15 pm

I agree!! Positive thoughts only and no more speculation! Only my opinion mind you...
x
Weybridge MBW 11th July 2009

'All I know - and you must listen very carefully to this... All I know - is that I know absolutely nothing' - Frank

'Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?' - Christopher Marlowe

Much misunderstood... was the 'Hippie' with a reality fixation...
siempie1956

Postby siempie1956 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Of course he is fine! We are getting ready for one great event in Tel Aviv this Thursday!!
This concert will close for me a cycle of 40 years since I saw him first!
Thi sis going to be soooo good!!

Simon

Return to “News”