New leonardcohenforum.com group on Facebook

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Giulia

Re: New leonardcohenforum.com group on Facebook

Postby Giulia » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:15 pm

ladydi wrote:
Giulia wrote: Hi Lady di, how do i get to the facebook, i have no clue, please let me know?
Thanks a lot, take care, Giulia greetz you ;-)
Hi Giulia,

The esteemed administrator of the "leonardcohenforum.com" group on Facebook is actually Womanfromaroom, who is Ann-Kristin, and not me....I'm merely one of the joiners :D

First you must register with Facebook, then let Womanfromaroom know and you'll be all set. It's fun to see actual photos of other members and share with them...not just on the Forum but also on Facebook!

Btw, welcome also to the Forum and greetz! (I like that word :D )
All the best,
Diana
Hi Diana,
I misunderstood it, i think it was a kind of album with Leonard Photo's. I dont use facebook, have no idea if i can get it.
I have no wrong means by asking this. Just a misunderstanding, ty for your kind answer :lol:
Lots of greetz, Giulia
Leonard 77, 21 of september 78, and still the greatest of all times

In my secret live.
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:17 am

Giulia,

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a whole album of pictures of Leonard! He is suave and handsome now, with those twinkling eyes and that delightful genuine smile....but when he was younger (not so long ago), oh my, some of those photos take one's breath away.

So unfortunately the photos on Facebook are only the ordinary and also extra-ordinary pictures of those of us who love Leonard! Don't worry about needing to join Facebook.....we will continue to chat with you on the Forum and are very happy you are here!

Lots of greetz to you too!
Diana

ps..your name is lovely. What country do you live in? Perhaps I missed that on another thread.
akimbo

Postby akimbo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:58 am

ladydi wrote:Hi akimbo (Janelle),

Oh my...I am very humbled that you thought I started this thread...but it is orchestrated by womanfromaroom, who is much more adept and computer savvy than me...and who is quite a woman (out of the room!) in her own right!

Thrilled that you have a seat for the concert in Las Vegas! Feel free to "pm" me if you wish to talk. Many of us, from all over the world, will have a little meetup in Vegas, and I look foward very much to seeing you there!

All the best,
Diana

ps..thanks Ann :D
Ooops, sorry about that, I am good at some things but not so great on posting replies!
Yes, I look forward to meeting you and the others! Have a lovely day in the meantime! :) Janelle
banba

Postby banba » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:54 pm

OK_ so I have a FB page but cannot find the group- what am I missing??
Womanfromaroom

Postby Womanfromaroom » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:01 pm

Not sure! can you please pm me your email address - I will then invite you directly
Thanks!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:58 pm

The group is closed and on invitation only. I wrote down "leonardcohenforum" in search, and asked to become a member. I see that somebody (womanfromaroom?) did it as now I am the member.
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 am

I'm still resisting Facebook, even though I have a myspace page. The best T-Shirt, I've seen recently says "NO - I'M NOT ON F*!@KING FACEBOOK"!, and I couldn't help but feel a certain empathy with it. I mean c'mon, how many Leonard Cohen forums do you need , when vIrtually every aspect of Leonard and his work has been discussed, here? How many networking sites do you need before life ceases to exist outside them? I suspect very few (but I may be wrong!).

John E
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:03 am

I tend to agree with you, John E.:)
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:06 am

Good on you, Tom!

All the best, John E
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:58 am

I wanted nothing to do with Facebook. Several months ago Dino posted something on Facebook regarding some negative comments to him. Curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see Dino's response. Well....to see the response, I had to register with Facebook! Yes, I could read Dino's response, but suddenly I had 800 "friends"! It pulls in your address book...your work...your school....your university...everyone on the Forum! Whew...

Eventually, I discarded most...kept some...and even though some were "friends", I "hid" them....confession. I can still see them but don't get inundated with all their silly updates and games etc...etc... It's actually become a Facebook of mostly my friends on the Forum, plus one relative and a few people from work.

When Ann-Kristin (womanfromaroom) started the leonardcohenforum.com section it was wonderful. Suddenly we had faces to names! And we could share things in a secure environment. It is still secure and still safe. She has done an awesome job! It is gentle and friendly.

If someone does not like Facebook...that's no problem. Don't join. The area we have is friendly and caring....and ALWAYS, Leonard is our number one! The reason we are all together.

All the best,
Diana
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:59 am

Didn't I read something abot Facebook storing everyone's info, and insisting they hang onto it, even when someone has left Facebook?
Laura

Postby Laura » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:15 pm

John: I had a couple of friends who quit Facebook for various reasons, their account seemed deleted, they were not my friends there anymore; and then they came back and suddenly all their info was back and they were back on my friends list (without me having to accept them again). It was quite surprising.

It took me time to get used with Facebook, but I like it, in some amount. You control just how involved in it you are, after all; how many friends you want to have, how many posts you want to read, and how many silly games you want to play (preferably none, or you might get caught by that). It also has its downsides; like it's very hard to control who sees what, and you must never forget that what you say is for all the people you have there as "friends", and who all have different personalities and a different relationship with you. I forgot that once and lost a long-time friend; but I can blame my big mouth for that more than Facebook itself.

Laura
afanghanel

Postby afanghanel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Hi,

I have just requested to join. Facebook is always contraversial. as far as I am concerned it is a great way to stay/get in touch with people and long lost friends. most of the other pages on facebook for Leonard Cohen look a bit irrelevent. I am interested to see what this brings as a supplement to this site.
2008: Manchester, London 02, London RAH x 2, 2009: Weybridge, Belgrade, San Jose, 2010: ...
John Etherington

Postby John Etherington » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your message. The thing I'm still not clear about is why people think Facebook is so much better than myspace. You can choose what you wish to say and do with myspace, send comments and messages and accept or reject new friends. Okay, you can create new forums with Facebook, but what's the point if they're just variations on forums that already exist? Also, why make life twice as complicated by having both myspace and Facebook pages?

All good wishes, John E
cigarman802

Postby cigarman802 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:05 pm

Hey i Just asked for permision to join,,, just letting ya know so you can be looking for me,,,thanks

Return to “News”