famous blue raincoat

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
faithfully

famous blue raincoat

Post by faithfully »

I wonder why Lenny did NOT sing this beautiful song in Lörrach. But then in Zurich in October!

Could you please tell me if this song is often on the set list (or not)? As I really like this song and terribly missed it in Lörrach!
Evie B

Re: famous blue raincoat

Post by Evie B »

Not sure about the Summer Tour but he definitely sang it at the RAH in London on 18th Nov 08, towards the end of the concert as part of an encore if I remember correctly. Love it. Love em all!
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
tomsakic

Re: famous blue raincoat

Post by tomsakic »

You answered your own question - they needed some time to get the song rehearsed and it is regularly included in the set from the Fall leg. On the other side, some songs from early Canadian leg were dropped (i.e. Waiting for the Miracle).

The Fall also saw the introduction of The Partisan and Chelsea Hotel into the regular setlist.

Some songs were rehearsed but still aren't played publicly: Jarkko, our webmaster, heard A Thousand Kisses Deep (song) in several versions during the Helsinki rehearsal in October; I myself heard One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong (!) on one of the Fall tour soundchecks (I was lucky enough to find the way through to the venue...).

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”