CONCERT REPORT: Oslo (July 1)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
confetti

Re: Oslo (July 1)

Post by confetti »

it worked for me, but it doesn't seem to like macs much. It is a bit slow to start.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
douglas07

Post by douglas07 »

some personal impression on the oslo venue: all space was seated -even in the "staplasser" area- and when mr. Cohen entered the stage (which he and the band managed more smoothly than in the Copenhagen night) all the audience rose to their feet; a thrilling experience. The sound was brilliant (nearly cd-quality, you might say). I noticed in Copenhagen, where we had front row, that Mme Leanne Ungar - gifted to guitarist Mr Mezger -seemed to manage the monitoring sound, which explains something. Whilst in Copenhagen the band had kind of find into the night over the first two or so songs (an ironic "good job" by mr Cohen could be heard towards his co-musicians) the evenig in bislett-stadium went perfectly well what pure musical-craftmanship is concerned, allthough mr mas could hardly be stopped to play some extra-chorusses once in a while.
After some decades of reading/listening to mr cohen: whats so geat about his work? Every now&then we all experience: You have , i have, we all have it; -but mr Cohen has the talent to REMIND US THAT WE HAVE IT.
1970s "Beautiful Loosers"; 1980s "Poems of ..."
UH Tour: Oslo-Copenhagen-Cologne; Odense; OI-Tour:Ghent-Odense
FanOfTheMan

Re: Another kind of live performance

Post by FanOfTheMan »

LINDH61:

lucky lucky lucky :D
May the spirit of this song rise up true and free, may it be a sheild for you, a sheild against the enemy.
Gothenburg '88
Detroit '93
Oslo '08
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I have posted a bunch of my photos from Oslo at http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-14.html
I'm trying to show all the band members - usually media concentrates on Leonard (whis is of course very natural!)
Marie will also post more of the photos on her excellent media pages.

Here is the whole team:
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Henning

Post by Henning »

Jarkko - best pictures I have seen so far. Thanks a lot.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

douglas07 wrote:Whilst in Copenhagen the band had kind of find into the night over the first two or so songs (an ironic "good job" by mr Cohen could be heard towards his co-musicians)
... :shock:
NickShears

Post by NickShears »

What wonderful photos, Jarkko, they glow. Thank you for the link so that we can share them.
Nick,
London 1979, London 1983, London 1988, Brisbane 2009
Tuls

Post by Tuls »

I have been listening to Cohens music since I was a teen in the mid 80s. I didn't go to his concerts in the early 90s though, which I have regretted ever since. I couldn't attend his concerts in Denmark this summer, so I went to the gig in Oslo. I was very lucky to be seated on the 5th row from the stage. I had waited so long for this experience - when he entered the stage I almost cryed. It was not only the best concert I have ever been at - it was one of the most emotional and best experiences of my life. And yesterday I got the news of his next performance in Denmark in October. If I can get tickets I will feel truly blessed. Thank you Leonard
andenord

This concert..

Post by andenord »

..I will truly remember as the most fantastic and spectacular concert I've ever seen. Thinking back almost makes me cry, really. It was such a perfect, perfect day.
<br>
Here is the ticket..

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”