CONCERT REPORT: Moncton, NB (May 23)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Claw at your heart

CONCERT REPORT: Moncton, NB (May 23)

Post by Claw at your heart »

Leonard and his band play to another sold-out audience at the Capitol Theatre in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada on May 23.

See his introduction on the Capitol website here: http://www.capitol.nb.ca/e/show_id.php?shwID=304 The theatre seats 800, so this promises to be another intimate experience. There is a virtual tour of the theatre on the website, which shows better than the small photos I have uploaded.

See information about Moncton here http://www.monctonkiosk.com/index.php

Enjoy the show!
Attachments
Main Hall, Capitol Theatre
Main Hall, Capitol Theatre
moncton hall.jpg (4.49 KiB) Viewed 14448 times
Capitol Theatre, Moncton
Capitol Theatre, Moncton
moncton.jpg (4.35 KiB) Viewed 14466 times
kindave

Re: Moncton, NB (May 23)

Post by kindave »

Moncton, you are in for a very special night. I attended the May 21 performance in Cape Breton. I wish I could be there tonight to see it again. It was easily the best concert I've ever attended. Again, you are in for a very special night. Enjoy.
damina

Post by damina »

Juat absolutly OFF THE WALL! This was more than anyone could expect from Leonard Cohen. 11 Standing ovations YES 11 ! 4 call backs to continue an amazing intamite evening of friendship! This concert started at 8:10pm, one hour later there was a 10 minute intermission which was followed by an unbelievable presentation of music, poetry and true love. The final song finished and the 800 joyous friends were satisfied (for now) as Leonard left the stage at 11:10 ! that's right the concert finished at 11:10! Just awsome, THANK YOU L. Cohen, MERCI !
k-e-t

Post by k-e-t »

Just got home, and still processing things. It was everything everyone else has said about previous shows: magical and inspiring and emotional and just... perfect. Wow. And I have to admit, my eyes teared up more than a couple of times, especially when he first walked on stage. I've never felt that kind of love and admiration from the audience directed at a performer before-- it was palpable. He seemed humble and gracious... and just a bit sly. And his voice-- so much more powerful live than I would have believed! I believe the set list was identical to the last few. I'm glad the A Thousand Kisses Deep recitation made it in, because it was mesmerizing-- listening to the man speak is almost more enthralling than hearing him sing! (Almost.) For me, Hallelujah was the show-stopper, and from the crowd reaction, others felt the same way. I'm pining to hear it again. Other highlights were Suzanne, In My Secret Life and First We Take Manhattan (which sent the energy level in the place soaring, as did Closing Time). And listening to him get Beatles-mania-esque shrieks during I'm Your Man (and watching the singers and musicians try to stifle laughs afterwards) was pretty entertaining. All in all, I couldn't have asked for anything more from this night. Sigh.
jebber

Post by jebber »

Wow! What a night! Blew me totally away!!! I have seen a few concerts over the years and I have to say that this ranks as one of the best. Here is a link to a video taken from the balcony. Make sure you click the high quality button when watching it really sharpens it up!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cwKEmnK2D6g
jebber

Post by jebber »

Here's one more, great footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74QA7vym1d4
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

The thanks, the thanks, the inexpressible thanks for you everyone. Don't stop relating concerts Dear Leonard please !

I am greeting

jeremek
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
terryinshediac

Post by terryinshediac »

Fantastic show last night. Best concert I have seen for that style of music. Great band and backup singers, lots of talent on stage and excellent sound the way it came together.
My favour was "Anthem" all the songs were great but this one has recently caught my attention and I really enjoyed their performance of it. I thought LC really captured the emotion of Hallelujah, I think he gave this song everythng he had,the audience could feel that and showed their appreaciation with such a long standing ovation. Also enjoyed the updated version (music) for "so long Marianne". It would be nice if his concert is videoed for a future DVD release. Thanks for the the you tube post of the concert, good memories of one great concert.
jebber

Post by jebber »

jebber

Post by jebber »

jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The BitTorrent link has been removed fron this thread because of copyright and legal issues, sorry.
jebber

Re: Moncton, NB (May 23) Tower of Song

Post by jebber »

jebber

Moncton May 23/08 Suzanne

Post by jebber »

ray13

Post by ray13 »

Could anyone please post the Moncton set list with encores?
Thanks very much.
Charr

Post by Charr »

Merci beaucoup, Leonard. We love you to death! Can't stop listening to your music and visualizing you on the Capitol Theatre stage interpreting them. I was seated in the first row and I couldn't have had a better seat in the house. Again, thank you, Leonard. I can't imagine seeing a better show by anybody else.
Last edited by Charr on Tue May 27, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”