FAMOUS BLUE RAINCOAT

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Parasite of heaven

Re: FAMOUS BLUE RAINCOAT

Post by Parasite of heaven »

HE DID IT :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And I was there. He sang Famous Blue Raincoat on Friday 20th in Manchester, and I was there.

Thank's master!

And thank's to all who belive in Miracles...
qbera6

Post by qbera6 »

Yes he did it!!!! He sang Famous Blue Raincoat in Manchester on Wednesday 18th June and I was there. It was magic. The lights turned blue and there he was singing it...Fantastic. :D
scorpio1952

Post by scorpio1952 »

Yet another beautiful song, exquisitely performed, added to the set list Manchester June 20th.

Thank you, Leonard.
Life is what happens to us while we are busy making other plans.
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

Ah, please, please, please sing Famous Blue Raincoat at the 02 in London ... please, please, please, please ...
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.
yhtrownu

Post by yhtrownu »

See the "On the Road - Multimedia" section for an artifact of Leonard's mesmerising Manchester performance, albeit a poor quality one. :)
Manchester, June 18 2008
Manchester, June 19 2008
London O2, July 17 2008
London O2, November 14 2008
Royal Albert Hall, November 17 2008
Mercedes Benz World, Weybridge, July 11 2009
emanon

Post by emanon »

Cohen did Famous Blue Raincoat in Reykjavik, Iceland (where I live) 1988, and according to richardj it was the only time he did that song on the tour! Back then I was just a kid (with that crazy idea not to go Leonard Cohen concert). But since I have heard the recording of that concert and Famous Blue Raincoat blew me away, truly a magnificent performance.

I went to the concert in Dublin, June 13, and when it came to the encore I was waiting for the miracle, and that was what we got, Waiting for the miracle (wonderful song, of course) but not the one and only Famous Blue Raincoat, I was praying for.

My next gig will be in Amsterdam. I hope the master will do Famous Blue Raincoat - I can't stand to wait another twenty years to see him perform it live.

Sincerely,

A. Thorkelsson
theotherside

Post by theotherside »

I heard it twice in Manchester and for me it truly was the pinnacle of the show, is there any reason for it's disappearance?
Maybe it was a kindness given Manchester's reputation for rain, and it certainly did for most of his residency.
If that is the case I hope that I should pack my wellies for The Big Chill!
stan

Post by stan »

i Dont think its disappeared, i think it only comes out at the right time, like you i was in Manchester and i think what you said was spot on.
I thought the webb sisters doing their one piece was brill.
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
A.Sukitu

Post by A.Sukitu »

...................................................................................................................
may I start a new plea for Famous Blue Raincoat to be sung at the O2 on 13 November?
please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, oh, please??
...................................................................................................................
"You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. ... You gave the injury a tongue to heal itself."
Leonard Cohen in Book of Mercy (1984) Ch. 19.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”