Please, post the setlists...

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
nocure

Please, post the setlists...

Post by nocure »

hiw come the setlists for the last 2 nights havent been posted?
i was enjoying reading them!!
tomsakic

Re: why have people stopped posting the setlists?

Post by tomsakic »

We must organise ourselves - previous setlist were posted by Forum Members who know the importance of having the setlist etc. Maybe there's a way to find a fan on each show, willing to write it down?

(This topic will be removed later from this section, when we solve this problem :) We have 40 shows to go ... )
mirka

Re: Please, post the setlists...

Post by mirka »

I didn't know it was so important, had I known I would've made lists -- perhaps: shows were so mesmerizing that I could as well forget about making notes, even if promised.....
Last edited by mirka on Tue May 20, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
Claw at your heart

Post by Claw at your heart »

I can definitively confirm setlist for Saturday, May 17 in Halifax for all but the first two songs, when I was waiting anxiously outside for tickets. But since these are the first two songs from all other setlists to date, I would propose we proceed with this list. I will try to find someone who attended on Thursday, but unless they're as manic as people on this Forum (no disrespect intended as I'm including myself in this group), they probably won't remember!
NickM

Post by NickM »

Charlottetown May 18 now posted under the show thread

NickM
zintman61

Post by zintman61 »

Perhaps the mods could "stick" setlist posts,so they remain at the top of each city's thread?
One setlist post for each show in that city's thread.
(presuming they have that function here...most boards do)
That way it would be easier for members to know if the setlist from multi-nights in one city have been posted yet.

(but that doesn't solve the problem of obtaining the setlist from each night)..just makes it easier to determine if it is indeed there
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Claw at your heart wrote:I can definitively confirm setlist for Saturday, May 17
Thanks much. I never thought much about set lists either until I read Jim Devlin's work and realized how much I got out of knowing what Leonard was performing and how he changed it up.
Marie
Speaking Cohen
Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

... except as a historical record at the end of the tour...
Exactly!

Check our websites: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/, http://www.webheights.net/speakingcohen/main.htm, or the book dedicated to all the tours and setlists 1970-1993, Jim Devlin's Is This What You Wanted, extended to www version at http://www.leonardcohenlive.com/
tomsakic

All the SETLISTS

Post by tomsakic »

In this thread, we will try to post ALL the setlists, for complete tour, and nothing more! (Copying from each town's threads - so please, write the setlists there, and Mods will try to copy the lists here as soon we see them posted. :razz: ). - Tom

Also:
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-1.html (adding the sub-page to every city as it happens)
http://www.webheights.net/speakingcohen/tourrev1.html (media coverage at http://www.speakingcohen.com website)
zintman61

Re: why have people stopped posting the setlists?

Post by zintman61 »

Tom Sakic wrote:We must organise ourselves - previous setlist were posted by Forum Members who know the importance of having the setlist etc. Maybe there's a way to find a fan on each show, willing to write it down?

(This topic will be removed later from this section, when we solve this problem :) We have 40 shows to go ... )
Great idea with the setlist thread! :)
(I guess this one can go now??)
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

If it's any help...
after years of writing the setlists down at Bob Dylan concerts I've always found the best way to go about it is to print out the previous night's setlist. Take it with you and just either tick off the songs if they follow the same order or put a line thru them if they don't and just scribble a short code word or a couple of letters down that you will recognise later.

Looking at the setlists for the current LC concerts there's going to be a minimum of 'paperwork' to do.

Ta Ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Christopher B

Post by Christopher B »

Exactly! My point, perhaps not well put, was that the appropriate time to publish set lists is at the end of the tour.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Well, as it seems that LC will NOT change the setlist for some time, we can relax with the existing one(s) :lol: We will heard if there'll be a big change :)

Tom
istvan

Re: All the SETLISTS

Post by istvan »

Hi! I'm Istvan(55) from Budapest Hungary. I've ticket for the Amsterdam concert. I'd like to know if the Canadian setlist will be the same as in Europe?
Thx
In a dream of Hungarian lanterns
In the mist of some sweet afternoon
Adi

Post by Adi »

Hello,

no one knows the setlist so far, not even leonard himself I Think,
but I guess it will be about nearly
identical to those of these days.

adi
München 28.05.93; Amsterdam, 12.07.08; London, 17.07.08; Lörrach, 25.07.08; Helsinki, 10.10.08; Frankfurt, 29.10.08, Köln, 01.07.09, Strassbourg, 19.09.2010; Dortmund 29.10.2010; Verona, 24.09.2012; Mannheim 28.06.2013

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”