CONCERT REPORT: Fredericton, NB (May 11)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mirka

Re: Fredericton (May 11) - the first concert of the tour

Post by mirka »

DebS wrote:Amazingly, buzz continues in Fredericton since the concert. One of the reasons is that I think we are all trying to determine what it was exactly that made the night so magical - beyond the obvious! [....]
It was a shared experience in that you felt that everyone there was experiencing the same emotions - and those emotions were a good place to be. [...]
I hope that everyone in the band also feels the magic that they're creating and that the afterglow lasts a long, long time.[...]
What Leonard creates is what this sad world needs more of. Let the light in everywhere!
Great post, Debs, I feel exactly same way. I'm in California now but the magic doesn't subside.
His art touches one on many levels, and that changes the flow of energy in a person into a more balanced one, all chakras are tuned in and energized. Additionally if this happens to many people at the same time, energy is exchanged and amplified.
Great art is one way to create this effect, and there are many many more (making love to somebody one is in love with - sometimes, chanting when preparing for Yoga class, or even being treated by a good acupuncturist).
It's a very good feeling of the body and soul, and lasts for a while, until the flow will be disturbed again by our conflicted and dangerous world.

It's intriguing that LC is doing it so well now, late in his life, hopefully he is at peace with himself now.
And the end of the world must be close if he is described as the one who "creates what this sad world needs more of" :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
I hope the band won't get burned out, and the magic continues for the rest of the tour, for all --the audience and the band alike-- to experience.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
bridger15

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Fredericton, NB (May 11)

Post by bridger15 »

This wonderful photo was recently uploaded by Jacques Poitras (2nd from right), CBC News Provincial affairs reporter in New Brunswick.
It was included in a tweet with a link for the new Leonard Cohen album, "Old Ideas".

I admire his caption:
"The NB press gallery's 2008 brush with greatness"
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”