About this new Tour section

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
buttwheat

Re: About this new Tour section

Post by buttwheat »

Would it be possible to have a locked thread that just has the setlists? It seems quite a bother reading through arguments about recording shows looking for what songs were actually played at the show.

Just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work (I have been a long-time reader of the forums but this is actually my first post). :D
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Many of the set lists are and will be also on the main site where they are easy to find.
Frefericton: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour-3.html
Halifax: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour-4.html
drsing

Post by drsing »

jarkko wrote:OK, I have merged the threads of Fredericton & Halifax into one for each city!
hi Jarkko, thanks for all the good work :!: You must be as busy with the tour as LC himself is these days :D
I follow all the news, can't wait till he comes to Europe. (Manchester June 20 for us :lol: )
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Sue DeNimm

Post by Sue DeNimm »

Hi All,
New to the forum, but could not resist telling you I saw the first night at Halifax (I was there on holiday from the UK) and have been a big fan for many years. I have been concerned over his last couple of albums that he has been almost taking a backseat vocally, and wondered how well the 73 year old would stand up to the concert. Let me tell you in no uncertain terms, his voice is richer, stronger and more more melodious than I think I have ever heard it. It is a shock to see this small frail looking man appear on stage at first, but as soon as he sings you forget everything else. Sharon Robinson did wonderful backing with the brilliant Webb(er) sisters, and each musician, had they performed a solo concert, you would have been proud to have seen it. At 46, this was one of the highlights of my life.
Cohen will be at the Glastonbury Festival this year, and being local, I intend to be there too. The set was great, the 4 encores great, and he is of course humble as befits his beliefs. Which ever God looks after him, may he continue to do so for many years to come.

Sue
beata

Post by beata »

Does anybody know if the concert in Dublin is really "outdoor" ?
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue »

Thanks for that Sue... I live in manchester and am eagerly awaiting my turn!!!
Also managed tickets for Edinburgh in July so your post is most welcome!!
Hope you have enjoyed your holiday you lucky person!! regards Sheila
stan

Post by stan »

Hi Sue

It sounds like a good life you have and thanks for the imfo.
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
kdcoe

Post by kdcoe »

I think it would be great if we could add current, and perhaps useful information to this site without being buried in threads and the like.

The Globe and Mail has indicated, today, that the Toronto concert of 9 June still has seats unsold.

Many who has witnessed these performances from the Maritimes, to Quebec to Ontario realize that they have seen a performance of a lifetime.

Mr. Cohen will return to North America, hopefully. Most of us here realize that he has not received the reception that he has in Europe for much of his career. We can make up for that, hopefully.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

What has happened to this section of the Forum? It was a joy to dip into in the early stages of the tour - setlists, show reports, photos, YouTube links etc.

However, I looked in today for the first time after a few days away (a long weekend in Denmark, alas, not in Toronto) and was dismayed to see all sorts of distractions, including tickets wanted and for sale which ought to be in the tickets thread in the pre-tour section, not here. [Edit: these postings have now been moved by the mods so the "on the road" section of the board is back to looking as it should. Thank you!]

Jarkko & co must be incredibly busy with the level of activity all around during the tour so please folks, make his/their job easier and keep this section of the forum for exactly what it says and why we are all here - the shows and things directly related to the shows.

Rant over.

Wendy

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”