Athens to be confirmed

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Andrew (Darby)

Re: Athens to be confirmed

Postby Andrew (Darby) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:21 pm

jonesy wrote:By the way is anyone around for a meetup?
I'm sure there can be some sort of before/after meetup arranged - I will leave it to you locals to suggest something appropriate. I know that Laura and I will be part of whatever group Sophia is arranging for Terra Vibe and I'm sure we will be linking up with Dem and his friends as well at some point before, during or after, so I imagine drinks or whatever will definitely be the go somewhere along the line! ;-)

The other thing to bear in mind, is that a small Hydra meetup is taking shape, because some of us are planning a few days there from the weekend following the concert, so you should also consider this option! :D

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
babyblue2

Postby babyblue2 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm

just looked at the tourlist today and - ATHENS VANISHED!
what happend?
any informations??? :?
http://leonardcohen.com/tour.cgi
Sophia

Postby Sophia » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:42 pm

I guess the tour schedule hasn't been updated yet on the official website.
Terra Vibe on July 30 is confirmed by AEG and you can buy your tickets here:
http://www.ticketpro.gr/main.php?lang=en

Sophia
babyblue2

Postby babyblue2 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:10 pm

thank you sophia!
was already getting to feel a little uneasy... :roll:
Dem

Postby Dem » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:53 am

The Greek authorities unexpectedly closed down Lycabettus theatre
yesterday for the near future because of security reasons:
http://www.in.gr/news/article.asp?lngEn ... gDtrID=253 (Greek text)

It seems that all the concerts for the summer are cancelled .

So, it seems that either AEG knew something beforehand about this mess
or are extremely lucky for transferring to Terra Vibe
as otherwise Leonard's concert would have been canceled!

Dem

***In Manchester I got the impression that the promoters had a tip-off that it would happen / Jarkko ***
Henning

Postby Henning » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:29 am

Hi Dem - I read the text and I feel sorry for Lycabettus. It's not the year of the Greek, is it ? Even King Otto lost his crown with 3 defeats in Austria/Switzerland. But I want you to feel optimistic for Terra Vibe. I've been to Dublin and Manchester, two totally different venues and I must say that I preferred the fat but crystal clear sound of the open air venue in Dublin to the rather smooth sound of the Opera House. In the Opera House on Tuesday you almost couldn't hear Javier Mas instruments and Javier's playing surely makes the difference while I would abandon the Hammond keyboard, I hate that thing. Also in Dublin there were these two big screens to both sides of the stage where you could see more details of Leonard and the musician as let's say row Q in the opera house. Of course I enjoyed both venues, I didn't expect the opera house to be so small and wooden inside. It's an old historic building and I am glad that I made it there, knowing that I was born and raised in a 750 people village with cows and pigs. Only myself singing on that stage could top it, but I am on my way. One of the Dublin press wrote about the audience being mostly on the wrong side of 50. That means I have the borderline syndrome right now. And Leonard ? As mentioned in so many articles by so many fans now, as soon as he enters the stage you simply feel happy. He could read the menu of some Burger restaurant and you would fall in love with that. Only to see him smile gives you pure shiver down the spine. That guy really has it. I am not sure anymore, if I will ever find out about his trick.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Dem

Postby Dem » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:48 pm

Hey Henning!

Dublin and Manchester eh?
Not bad!

Let's see what Terra Vibe will
turn out to be.
You see, my problem is that I might
not be able to see Leonard's smile.

And if I am supposed to see it on
a screen while I have paid a 100€
ticket then it's ok, I can stay home
and see it on youtube.

Dem

PS)Oh, and thanks for the CD!
Laura

Postby Laura » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:47 am

Dem, at least you're getting the concert in your country, so stop complaining! (or wait until we actually see it. I'm nervous enough as it is!)

Henning, looks like we'll cross paths on the Europe map and miss each other by just a couple of days. I really regret that. (only the perspective of hearing you sing might comfort me somehow!)

Laura
Bucharest 2008, 2009, 2012 Bruges 2008 Athens 2008 Prague 2009 Berlin 2010 Istanbul 2012
Henning

Postby Henning » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:02 pm

Laura - you just have to expand your tour to Amsterdam and there we are together.

Dem - I thought you would make a comment about me not being able to read that greek article but I guess you just think that with me everything is possible which is not far from the truth :-)
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Laura

Postby Laura » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Henning, I will actually be in Amsterdam, just a few days too late! A kind of a compromise due to travelling with my mother, who already thinks that my wish to see some 70-years old guy TWICE is slightly crazy. (in case you thought Cohen's magic could work on everyone-it doesn't)
Laura
Bucharest 2008, 2009, 2012 Bruges 2008 Athens 2008 Prague 2009 Berlin 2010 Istanbul 2012
Dem

Postby Dem » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:56 am

Ηenning:

I am sure you can read the Greek text
so here's another one for you :-)
http://tovima.dolnet.gr/print_article.p ... m=C06&aa=1

Laura:

And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door,
she cried to me, "Hey, why not ask for more?"

Dem
jonesy

Postby jonesy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Has anyone heard anything about a support act for this concert?
Jonesy
Copenhagen July 5
Athens July 30
Ledbury August 3
Paris November 24
Paris July 7 2009

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”