Ticketmaster now auctioning Edinburgh tickets

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
honeyrose

Re: Ticketmaster now auctioning Edinburgh tickets

Post by honeyrose »

One really has to wonder what is going on here. The TM site for this show now has a banner reading :"Bid now for premium seats to this SOLD OUT show in our exclusive auction!" (my capitals).

So was the Edinburgh show ever really sold out? Or are the seats which popped up on TicketExchange not really sold at all? Maybe they aren't selling now either, at the exalted price asked for them on TE hence the auction .......Who is actually selling them? Anyone care to speculate? Anyone bid before in one of these auctions?

Honeyrose
jally

Post by jally »

this is unbelievable!

official bidding for tickets is a new low for the concert going public, a sad day indeed :(

its a new form of touting
jally

Post by jally »

there is a certain online ticket touting agency that is believed to be run by TM. i'm not going to advertise it here by naming it but they are offering LC tickets for each night in Dublin

tickets starting at €130-170 depending on night with the premium section of A5 costing €300 which are available on the Sat/Sun :evil:
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I have just had a look at the Edinburgh auction site. They are asking for £60 starting bids on seats in block Y1 rows F-M and block NE1 rows F-O. Block Y1 is premium seating on the floor. (Front Block). NE1 don't know, may be tiered seating in North Stand next to X1 which is a front block on the floor. Maybe they really can't sell these at inflated prices on TicketExchange and have to put them up for auction. I wonder who is actually selling these seats. I suppose it could be part of the artist's allocation as auctioning might then be a fair way of doing it? Auction only runs for a fortnight: Start: Wed 26/03/08, 16:00 GMT Auction End: Fri 11/04/08, 16:00 BST

Anyone desperate enough to try it?

Honeyrose
jally

Post by jally »

cant see auctioning being fair as there will always be someone willing to pay ridiculous price. doesn't make it right

its just a way of TM getting in on the ebay scam of inflated ticket price market for sold out gigs. just they get to offer the premium
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

The seats are good ones and the starting price is only £10 over the official price (I think the top price for Edinburgh was £50). So if not many people bid then in theory you should be able to get some good seats for £60 which is still much cheaper than TicketExchange prices for o2. Makes me wonder if they may be tour/artist/crew allocations. Sometimes the artist asks the ticket agents to sell their allocation if they don't need them and gives proceeds to charity. I have no way of knowing where these particular tickets originated but if anyone can get seats in say block Y1 at Edinburgh for £60 it is a very good deal. Like Ebay final price depends on the demand of course.

Honeyrose
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

Yes the Ebay system would be much fairer.

Honeyrose
Bela

Post by Bela »

I can't believe my eyes. Is there no end to their awfulness and greed: Ticketmaster represent everything that is wrong with the modern world (can you tell I was young in '68? LOL!) But they are here to stay and fleece us again and again, b/c, even if we boycott them, people for whom money is no object and who are just as unscrupulous as they are will always win.

When you see silver Marmite jar lids on sale in Selfridges, you know there's something rotten....
London O2 Arena 17 July (with binoculars)
London RAH 17 November (without binoculars)
ticketextreme

Post by ticketextreme »

This auction was designed to drive up the price, I prefer non-online auction sites. I have sold tickets on Ebay in the past, it's a great way to make some extra money. Some people can actually make a living selling just a few tickets a year, you just need to get tickets for popular shows that sell out quickly.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”