Guardian/Manchester Thursday gig...

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ms.blue

Re: Guardian/Manchester Thursday gig...

Post by ms.blue » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:14 am

Hi john/stan
I am still plugging away...the whole tout thing is leaving a very bitter taste !!!
jeremy sounds like a good guy and a big fan so lets hope i am not disappointed.
if i get two tickets i have decided i may well offer one out free[ may cost someone a lift tho!!!] as most of my friends would just see it as a night out so would rather a stranger had it!!
'its true that all the men you knew were dealers who said they were through with dealing every time you gave them shelter'
for everyone who is sorted be happy any for any who are not be lucky!!cheers
ms.blue
Last edited by ms.blue on Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
jim devlin

Post by jim devlin » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:22 am

for what it's worth, and it's just my opinion, i believe you did the right thing Alan_1 - thankyou.
best to you&yours
Jim
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:31 am

Hi alan!!!
Dont be hard on yourself yours was the first post i saw at 7 and it made my day even tho i didnt get a ticket!!!
i will say this only once[more!] you are a star!!!
cheers :)
Last edited by ms.blue on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:35 am

Ms Blue - I do have the extra ticket(s) but not your message (yet) - I think they're only sent/received at intervals as mine to you sat in my Outbox for a while today. So as soon as I get your note, we'll sort it out.

Real fans - much the best people to talk to on these occasions, no?
Polagirl

Post by Polagirl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:40 am

Have 3 tickets Row H stalls for Thursday- hoping to swap for similar on Tuesday. Any interest
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:43 am

OH NO JEREMY!!!
i sent a massive missive to you!!! it was a bit rambling but i am concerned you have not received it yet!!!!
it has lots of details in it so will wait
looking forward to hearing from you one way or another
merci
ms.blue
:shock:
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:07 am

Ms Blue - Your message just turned up, Ma'am. I'll reply in the morning if you don't mind (I am being summoned...) but we have a deal (at face value - of course)- if you like the look of the Edinburgh spares I have. The seats are East Block C Row Z, so not exactly front row, but it is a seat at the game.....

All the best and, "I'll be there today with a big bouquet of cactus.."
stan

Post by stan » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:27 am

ms blue

Just like willie wonker you got the golden ticket!and i would like to give Jeremy a big round of applause :D
you can join the rest of us in [the tower of song].
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:49 am

WOW STAN!!!
dont think i will sleep much yet again...Will keep you posted
'they were waiting for me when i thought that i just cant go on'
cheers
ms.blue
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:56 am

THANKS JEREMY!!! just noticed youre still on line . a thousand thanks :D
Warthog

Post by Warthog » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:40 pm

brokenhill wrote:
Warthog wrote:I can't magine what sort of outcry there would be if this happened the other way around and a pre-booking password for forum members to get tickets was broadcast.
What a waste of time it was for me to get to the newsagent at 06:30 to buy their only spare copy of the Guardian.
I know that it's been done with good intentions, but that doesn't make it fair ....
Anyway, good luck getting tickets.
When you can't get out cos your legs don't work, and the newsagent won't deliver to your flatblock because he's been ripped off so often by others, and your friend was going to get you a copy and bring it, AT 10.30!!!!!!!!!. THEN you know the meaning of the word "fair"

Thanks to Alan and Jarkko I just got one of the only two wheelchair slots in the whole place. Next time you get up early Warthog, just trust in this wonderful community before you rush off.
Hi Brokenhill,
I'm unimpressed with your assumption that just because I can make it to a newsagent I'm not in a wheelchair. Anyway, with your attitude I guess that you may even be pleased to know that I didn't manage to get a ticket.
Well done to you.
London 25/7/1985
London, Royal Albert Hall 30/5/1988 & 10/5/1993 :
Manchester Opera House 20/6/2008 : Vienna Konzerthaus 24/9/2008 :
Cardiff 8/11/2008 : Manchester 30/11/2008 : Berlin 2/7/2009 :
Lille 25/9/2010 : Paris 29/9/2012 : Rome 07/07/2013 :
Bournemouth 26/08/2013
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: the whole Guardian business, it is debatable whether there was any purpose in the promotion, since it had no structure and probably hasn't given the Guardian much cred. That said, however, the whole idea was that Guardian readers were being given an opportunity. So the very least that one could have done,if able, was to buy a copy of the Guardian; and for those who were
unwell, disabled etc - to make alternative arrangements or (one would hope) be advised of the password by the friend. The problem with putting a password on the world wide web is that numerous touts throughout the world have instant access to it. Therefore, considering the number of tickets and the touts expertise in seizing the best, I suspect the number of tickets obtained by true fans yesterday was minimal . I for one didn't get a ticket, even though I went online at 10 am on the dot.
Rachel

Post by Rachel » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:55 pm

I didn't try for the Guardian in the end - it's just so incredibly disheartening when it doesn't work.
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi Rachel,

I do hope you've got a ticket for at least one of the shows. If not, then live in hope...extra seats sometimes get released, people may
have spares, e-bay/Ticket Exchange sellers may have to bring their prices down (if sensible people refuse to be ripped-off) and their is also the promise of more shows from Leonard later in the year.

All good things, John E
Deena

Post by Deena » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:54 pm

It has been heartwarming to follow the developments re. Ms Blue and Jeremy...glad tidings to both of you! I'd also like to add that, surely, any bastard tout would have been able to get a copy of the Guardian? There doesn't seem to be any truly fair way of selling tickets, sadly. I feel deeply for those that have been unlucky so far and sincerely hope you get something in the end.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”