Lisbon 19 July tickets?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
st theresa

Re: Lisbon 19 July - on sale NOW March 26

Post by st theresa »

Hi fellow Lisbon attenders--
I finally have just a few minutes to sit in front of the computer peacefully-here in Tomar, Portugal. After my whirlwind tour of Spain. I am looking out my hotel window at the castle of the Knights Templar amidst a luxuriant foliage including palm trees, and fir trees. --a magical mystical view. To have experienced so much in such a short time-- including seeing Leonard finally in person--defies words. The synchronicity of events and meetings, has been beyond my wildest expectations. From hearing that my husband had a conference he was thinking of attending in Portugal, to finding out Leonard was playing here, stating my desire to visit Avila--and then finding in Ciudad Real that that was very possible from a nun, who happened to be a friend of my husband's colleague and whom he had asked to give us a tour of Toledo since she was a history teacher. --Well you get the idea....
Although my place in the crowd was not as advantageous as some of you were able to attain, I felt very satisfied with my view of Leonard and with the venue, as it was surprisingly easy to stand and dance three hours away. Some of you may remember Evelyn and George--the friends who met us at the pub--they were also able to enjoy the concert until the end. I did manage to purchase t-shirts and programs for my son as well as a tour poster--he will be pleased. When we arrived on the grounds, we had just taken up our position when Leonard walked onto the stage, promptly at the designated time ( this really pleased the statisticians in the crowd) --All commented on his gentlemanly conduct and were so pleased at the conduct of the crowd--who were so obviously there to enjoy Leonard's performance---and to be as close to the man as they could without walking on anyone's feet or any such nonsense. While sitting in an intimate venue would have also been wonderful, the weather, lack of insects, and the beautiful moon above us, provided an evening that went by far too quickly. I slept well that night while visions of Leonard danced in my head.
Leonard gave Sharon credit for her work and provided opportunities for her to showcase her tremendous talent that made me realize I am also a Sharon Robinson fan --All were so talented that I would go to hear each one individually, although possibly not as far as Portugal--due to financial considerations.
NewZealander

Post by NewZealander »

Hey guys;
Well this lazy traveller has not yet been down home to upload those photos of our meet up at the Irish pub......Ive been all around the place; most recently baking in Italy mid 30;s to 40; while apparently in NZ they are having the worst storms in 30 years!:::Houses dropping into the sea all over the place; but not in my town or at my house of course!:::So I havent been on tour with Leonard; but he has certainly been on tour with me, all around Tuscany and north to cinque terre on the train, and yesterday to Venice::: Ive had my ipod going as I listen to him over and over again;singing his heart out to me... :) Ive been reliving the Lisbon concert and feeling very happy that I made it:::a lifetime memory:::: I am on the computer at my final night in Italy, in a Rome hotel, and you can see that I am having a problem with the placing on the European keyboard of some of the punctuations:

So tomorrow I Get the plane back home to New Zealand:::: taking with me a big smile and a nice summer tan::::back to the office next week:::I think I am also ready for some cooler times:...

So MFL; St Theresa; Vivamus;Luis;oh and anyone else that was there; I will send them through to you next week: not sure if I have all your emails; so if you want to send me a private message with your addresses I can send them through:::And Vivamus I can hear you saying:::;"come on get modern woman!::.upload them to a web site....well perhaps I can learn that as well..... ;-)

cheers everyone,
and once again it was great all meeting; I am still holding my breath that the 2009 part of the concert will come down to summer in Sydney, Melbourne... or perhaps even New Zealand...

bye for now
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

Thanks for the note New Zealander...what a wonderful trip you are having.
I am back home in Edmonton and baking all the same... temperatures of 34.7 C yesterday--but a little
cooler today ( thank goodness) at 30 or so. I was thinking just before I found your note of a funny thing that happened with regard to my Leonard t-shirt... I put it on one morning to go to breakfast in Tomar and while going down on the elevator a woman inquired "Who is your man?" I looked at her non-plussed :shock: and wondered how she knew about Leonard. Then I saw where her eyes were and explained it was Leonard. OHhhh she said
I should have known. I am not sure she was impressed.
Every once in awhile my mind drifts back to that night--was I really there? I was and I have the t-shirt to prove it. hehehe.
This evening I am heading out to see Vicky Christina Barcelona ( a new Woody Allen flick) My time in Spain and Portugal has given me a new appreciation of things. I am finally finishing the book by Jose Saramago --and now with my visit to Lisbon in my mind, can appreciate his writing and descriptions of Avenue Liberdade. The book, entitled A History of the Seige of Lisbon, also contains a reference to Leonard Cohen (I have written about that elsewhere) .
A safe trip home to you--have not seen Vivamus posting anywhere--give her my regards if you contact her. I will look forward to seeing the pics, although I do not photograph as well as I once did... sigh.
NewZealander

Post by NewZealander »

Hey..how many months later...!!...been caught up in a few things..(I did pass my applied management degree in strategy though)..... Not a very good strategy when nobody will be reading this any more!..But just in case.. I am now just sitting at the computer to find those photos and upload...not sure how to do it...I will contact you all on private message when Ive managed to master the technology...(And St Theresa you photographed very well!).. ;-)
MFL

Post by MFL »

Well done NewZealander :D , your strategy is fine as I'm sure some of us still have notification of this topic. :idea:

It seems so long ago now but a few photos may bring back the happy memories, with the darkness of winter giving me the blues I could do with a smile. Looking forward to seeing them.
Marcie
NewZealander

Post by NewZealander »

ok..a nice wet Saturday here has had me uploading them onto a flickr site that I can upload those there the details of to be able to see the photos .....If think I have everyone sent a private message to get you able to see, but if not then please send me a private message back :D so that I can get back to you.....
And lets hope Ive got technology in hand,,,,And yes you're right, Portugal and Europe seem to be a lovely dream in the past as I barely stop from work.....I must check out where Leonard is at now....THE STAMINA OF THE MAN!!!..
bye :D ;-)
sturgess66

Re: Lisbon 19 July tickets?

Post by sturgess66 »

Two videos from this show uploaded by FotosLápis e GiraDiscos.
Videos are not perfect - but okay - and it's the first year of the Grand Tour.
A very enthusiastic audience!

Democracy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN1vrZeDdzs

Hallelujah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0i1un5oFo
Hartmut

Re: Lisbon 19 July tickets?

Post by Hartmut »

Thanks.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”