Toronto Tickets - did you get them?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MisLucy

Toronto Tickets - did you get them?

Post by MisLucy »

Saturday night...easy peasy...thanks Jarkko!

fastest $400 I ever spent!

yippee!
kaczor47

Re: Toronto Tickets

Post by kaczor47 »

Wooohooo! that was easy. Friday night.

Jarkko, a big thank you to you, and also to Leonard and the Management for making this presale possible.
Is it June yet?
Halifax 12.05.2008, 13.05.2008; Wellington 20.01.2009; Wellington 31.10.2010
ohrus

Post by ohrus »

Huge thank you, Jarkko.

Although Cohen is playing in St. John's (my hometown) I sucessfully purchased a ticket for the June 6th show. I'm super excited. Orchestra, row G, seat 1. I cannot wait to warm that seat up.

Thanks again Jarkko, you are a dream-maker.

-John
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I tested it too (without buying tickets), and it worked fine - and fast!!
Now I have to start pondering where in Europe to go myself! :shock:

--- Feedback from people who got their tickets is appreciated in this thread!

Sorry that we had to give the password so late - only 5 minutes before the big moment, but we wanted to ruin the day of the person who was selling the password at eBay, promising to deliver it to his clients one hour before :razz:
Bunnalina

Post by Bunnalina »

Thank you so much Jarkko! 2 tickets for row S (of Orchestra), right of Centre.

I stupidly picked $250 instead of "Any price" and had to redo -- I think i would have gotten even better ones.

I was so antsy all morning (thank god I work in a fairly quiet office). Incidentally, the "Front of the Line" club seems to be the way to go in future Ticketmaster purchases -- a colleague of mine used his about 5 minutes after me and got row Q.

Makes me wonder if there will be much available on Saturday?
Michanelle

Post by Michanelle »

WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!! My dream will finally come true! Yesterday it was just by fluke that i saw that he was touring! The Laws of Attraction........It was meant to be! All I ever wanted before I died was to see Cohen sing! And now I am going to see him June 7th Saturday night! I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Last year I went to see him with Philip Glass, it was great seeing him, but to see him sing is another story!
Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!!!!!!! for posting the password up so we can get good seats! WOW I wonder if I'm awake or this is just a fantastic dream ! Pinch me!
Bunnalina

Post by Bunnalina »

Michanelle wrote:WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!! My dream will finally come true! Yesterday it was just by fluke that i saw that he was touring! The Laws of Attraction........It was meant to be! All I ever wanted before I died was to see Cohen sing! And now I am going to see him June 7th Saturday night! I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Last year I went to see him with Philip Glass, it was great seeing him, but to see him sing is another story!
Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!!!!!!! for posting the password up so we can get good seats! WOW I wonder if I'm awake or this is just a fantastic dream ! Pinch me!
I feel the same way :)

Incidentally, I went to the Glass thing as well last year (you didn't go to the Indigo "concert"?) and embarassed my friend by bursting into tears when he walked in. I am NOT well ;)
martensg

Re: Toronto Tickets - did you get them?

Post by martensg »

I managed to get "Seat location: section BALC7, row VV, seats 65-66" -- are balcony seats any good -- I was hoping to squeak into the front orchestra seats, but those were gone fast!

As it is, I don't know how I'll pay for travel to get from Victoria to Toronto, but it will be done-- even if I have to take the bus for 8000 days preceding the event. I said to myself while brushing my teeth this morning, how much will it cost if I never see him play? Unquantifiable and unacceptable!
Michanelle

Post by Michanelle »

Bunnalina wrote:
Michanelle wrote:WoooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!! My dream will finally come true! Yesterday it was just by fluke that i saw that he was touring! The Laws of Attraction........It was meant to be! All I ever wanted before I died was to see Cohen sing! And now I am going to see him June 7th Saturday night! I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Last year I went to see him with Philip Glass, it was great seeing him, but to see him sing is another story!

Incidentally, I went to the Glass thing as well last year (you didn't go to the Indigo "concert"?) and embarassed my friend by bursting into tears when he walked in. I am NOT well ;)

I went to the Toronto's Luminato concert, it was Philip Glass and Leonard came out at the end to greet us.......I frigging jumped up so high out of my seat that i freaked out the guy i was with - hahaha! I also went to see him the next day talking with Glass & Rockwell about there project. And also went to see Anjani his girlfriend sing a couple months prior, in hopes that he would show up - In which he didn't. A song just has to play and i start to cry ! Imagine when i get to see him perform live!!!!!!! What seats you get? I got Row R 65-66
Last edited by Michanelle on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Furpo

Post by Furpo »

jarkko wrote:I tested it too (without buying tickets), and it worked fine - and fast!!
Now I have to start pondering where in Europe to go myself! :shock:

--- Feedback from people who got their tickets is appreciated in this thread!

Sorry that we had to give the password so late - only 5 minutes before the big moment, but we wanted to ruin the day of the person who was selling the password at eBay, promising to deliver it to his clients one hour before :razz:
Haha! Nice work!

So I'm in the penultimate row - budget and all that - but delighted none the less.
martensg

Post by martensg »

Looks like I'm way at the back of the balcony -- according to the map -- but I'm happy to be in at all. Anyone know the venue and how small Leonard & Co. will look from balcony?

Thanks Jarkko for your helpfulness -- and thanks to Leonard and his management for the pre-sale option!
Bunnalina

Post by Bunnalina »

Michanelle wrote:
Bunnalina wrote:

I went to the Toronto's Luminato concert, it was Philip Glass and Leonard came out at the end to greet us.......I frigging jumped up so high out of my seat that i freaked out the guy i was with - hahaha! I also went to see him the next day talking with Glass & Rockwell about there project. And also went to see Anjani his girlfriend sing a couple months prior, in hopes that he would show up - In which he didn't. A song just has to play and i start to cry ! Imagine when i get to see him perform live!!!!!!! What seats you get? I got ORCH10 Row R 65-66
Which day? I'm in Row S 69-70 on Saturday (so we may or may not be neighbours, depending on the day).

This was one of the most nerve-wracking experiences of my young life. I imagine I'll be in a blissed-out daze until the concert.
Michanelle

Post by Michanelle »

Saturday -------------- Helloooooooooo neigbour!
Bunnalina

Post by Bunnalina »

Michanelle wrote:Saturday -------------- Helloooooooooo neigbour!
Nice! I'll be sure to turn around and wave :)
Michanelle

Post by Michanelle »

Bunnalina wrote:
Michanelle wrote:Saturday -------------- Helloooooooooo neigbour!
Nice! I'll be sure to turn around and wave :)
How good are our seat?? I don't really understand that chart ! And by the way - I 'm glad that i won't be the only one crying there - hahaha!
Last edited by Michanelle on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”