8 new cities in The Maritimes

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
cocktailtalk

Re: 8 new cities in The Maritimes

Post by cocktailtalk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:19 am

oh what camaraderie!
fills me right up! (and makes me miss home)
I would have loved to be back in St. John's lined up for this, bad weather or not!
I applaud the lot of you, since I hear home's been hit pretty terribly with snow lately.
FreddyBeach

Post by FreddyBeach » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:11 am

The weather here in Fredericton was miserable (rain, freezing rain, ice pellets) on Thursday, but I did manage to score four tickets (two for me and two for a co-worker). Due to work related events, I was unable to line up at the Fredericton Playhouse. I did see the line as I passed by on my way to work this morning. Everyone looked cold.

I had to resort to the dual telephone redial/online refresh method. Just when I had about given up hope, the online order page appeared on my screen! Later, the box office lady told me that I was one of the few to make it through online.

Whoo! Hoo! :lol:
nanniec4

Post by nanniec4 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:53 pm

Well, fellow Cohen fans, I tried the online sales AND the phone to get tickets to Cohen at the Fredericton Playhouse. What a complete farce. The Daily Gleaner had an article today telling us the tickets sold in 40 min. I finally got back online at 12:12 and they said they couldn't fill my order, yet it was not showing as sold out. I never did get an answer on the phone lines. I was up and running long before sale time and on the site. As soon as the tickets were to appear the site went dead. I wonder if it was as usual in good old Fredericton, pre-sales to patrons and "friends" of workers?
krewechief

Post by krewechief » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:00 pm

it's been a tough get in some places...these venues are small and Leonard is an "A List" act, I'm sure they'd like the bulk of the tickets to land in the hands of locals...who will return to the venue at some future date, which is why the internet has not been a sure thing.
nanniec4

Post by nanniec4 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:29 pm

I AM a local in Fredericton, and I have supported the Playhouse, I have lived here for 51 years now, and the situation is always the same in good old " Freddy Beach", if you want tickets you go to the line, or you know someone. I have only myself to berate for not standing in line this time, but I believed that it would be different when they told us they would actually answer the phone and sell online.. Oh well, lesson learned. :D
k-e-t

Post by k-e-t » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:15 pm

I'm honestly just curious about this and not complaining, as I managed to snag tickets to the Moncton show... but, any clue why there are five shows in Halifax, three in St. John's and only one each in Moncton and Fredericton? Five shows in Hali seems like a lot-- any particular reason, I wonder? And any word on additional shows for NB?
mirka

Post by mirka » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:57 pm

nanniec4 wrote:I AM a local in Fredericton, and I have supported the Playhouse, I have lived here for 51 years now, and the situation is always the same in good old " Freddy Beach", if you want tickets you go to the line, or you know someone.
[...]
but I believed that it would be different when they told us they would actually answer the phone and sell online.. Oh well, lesson learned. :D
This is what I suspected, to be honest:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10563#p111613

I wonder if anybody got tickets for Fredericton on-line or over the phone ?
I spend appr. 6 hrs hanging on the Internet and calling various numbers at Halifax/Fredericton/Charlottetown (venues itself or companies hired to do ticketing) and all I got was 1 ticket to Charlottetown.
Fredericton site was up and running well a couple of hours a day before, and went dead appr. 30 minutes just before the sale started.
I could understand that they wanted to sell tix between local preferred customers, there is nothing wrong with it, but why all the disinformation ? seems to me like a disregard for people honestly wanting to see the show.

I'm intending to buy tickets on Ebay, as I was left with no other option.
Something the tour management or LC may want to know, if they care.

ps.
didn't the Subject of the thread originally read "8 new cities in The Maritimes with pre-sale for members", or am I'm losing my sound judgement ?
:shock:
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
FreddyBeach

Post by FreddyBeach » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:59 pm

mirka wrote: ...
I wonder if anybody got tickets for Fredericton on-line or over the phone ?
I spend appr. 6 hrs hanging on the Internet and calling various numbers at Halifax/Fredericton/Charlottetown (venues itself or companies hired to do ticketing) and all I got was 1 ticket to Charlottetown.
Fredericton site was up and running well a couple of hours a day before, and went dead appr. 30 minutes just before the sale started.
I could understand that they wanted to sell tix between local preferred customers, there is nothing wrong with it, but why all the disinformation ? seems to me like a disregard for people honestly wanting to see the show.
I used the dual telephone redial/online refresh method here in Fredericton. Eventually, I scored four balcony tickets through the Web site at about 12:20 p.m. (Atlantic Time). The order page appeared just as I was about to give up (thinking the show would have been sold out by then). I was breathing very softly as I worked my way through the order process, thinking the site would crash at any moment. Thankfully, I was smiled upon.
cocktailtalk

Post by cocktailtalk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:50 pm

us maritime and atlantic provinces sure are being treated in May!

Cohen..and now Bob Dylan.

If I get a ticket for Dylan, I will be seeing the both in the span of 4 days! WHAT.

He's playing Haliafax on the 21st and St. John's on the 24th!
FreddyBeach

Post by FreddyBeach » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:36 pm

cocktailtalk wrote:us maritime and atlantic provinces sure are being treated in May!

Cohen..and now Bob Dylan.

If I get a ticket for Dylan, I will be seeing the both in the span of 4 days! WHAT.

He's playing Haliafax on the 21st and St. John's on the 24th!
Bob Dylan is playing four Atlantic dates as far as I know.

MON 5/19 Saint John NB Harbour Station
TUE 5/20 Moncton NB Moncton Coliseum Complex
WED 5/21 Halifax NS Halifax Metro Centre
SAT 5/24 St. John's NL Mile One Centre

I'll be trying for Saint John, NB, myself.

Brian
JasonblueEyes

Post by JasonblueEyes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:51 am

I saw dylan when he performed in St. John's 11 years ago and am going again. I'm not making the same mistake i made with Cohen - I'm camping out overnight for tickets this time. I still hope to find cohen Tickets sometime in the next two months. What a great birthday week it'll be for me. Dylan and Hopefully Cohen.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”