8 new cities in The Maritimes

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Darling

Re: 8 new cities in The Maritimes

Post by Darling » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:04 pm

I was unable to get one single ticket for Moncton on the internet even though I was on the site when sales started. It said 'too many people on line' and by 12:02 no seat available...
Last edited by Darling on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mirka

Post by mirka » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 pm

I just got 2 tix for Charlottetown, PE - Confederation Centre at
http://www.confederationcentre.com/en/home/default.aspx

the site is very slow and showed error at the end of transaction, so anybody trying has tobe patient.
I also called Admission.com box office and they told me the are sold out.
/Warsaw March 22 1985 / Halifax May 16 /Charlottetown May 18 / Dublin June 15 / Vienna Sept 24 2008/
Oakland April 13, 14, 15, San Jose Nov 13 2009/
Las Vegas Dec 11 2010/ Oakland March 2 2013/
MaiaEvrona

Post by MaiaEvrona » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:30 pm

So I just got tickets for the show at the Auditorium Dufour. I was hoping to get tickets for the show in St. Johns or Halifax but was too late. Does anyone know about this venue? What is it like?

Thanks!
Maia
hellodavid

Post by hellodavid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:08 pm

Was anyone able to purchase tickets to Moncton? Or is the practice of online ticket sales a modern sham? For instance, Moncton's 700 seat theatre sold out in 2 minutes. I am genuinely happy for Leonard but disheartened by appearances.
Last edited by hellodavid on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moreykris

Post by moreykris » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:15 pm

The phone/internet system is a bit of a sham with huge shows like this. I got in line at the Playhouse in Fredericton last night around 11pm, with about 8 people ahead of me. 13 hours later, there were at least 200 people in line behind me, I knew some of them didn't stand a chance. I ended up with excellent seats, but there are many sad faces around town today.
Darling

Post by Darling » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:02 pm

MaiaEvrona wrote:So I just got tickets for the show at the Auditorium Dufour. I was hoping to get tickets for the show in St. Johns or Halifax but was too late. Does anyone know about this venue? What is it like?

Thanks!
Maia
Auditorium Dufour is located in the Cegep de Chicoutimi (college), you can see some pictures at these adresses:
http://www.cegep-chicoutimi.qc.ca/site_ ... 20audi.JPG

http://www.theatredusaguenay.com/Salles ... fault.aspx
JasonblueEyes

Post by JasonblueEyes » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Well, by the time I arrived to purchase tickets at Mile One in St. John's i was greeted with a sign which read "Leonard Cohen All Shows Sold Out!".

I'm at a loss for words. My heart is very heavy today. :oops:

This would have meant the world to me. I'll have to keep a lookout over the next while for tickets.

I hear tickets were a chore to get. I should have camped out.

Ugh.
Kacey

Post by Kacey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 pm

OMG..... :D I got my tickets for St John's..... decided to go with the stand in line option.... got to Mile one at 4:45 this morning...... it was cold and dark and miserable.... and I was ninth in line....... I waited for over seven hours.... nearly froze to death.... made lots of new friends in the line-up..... Cohen fans everyone so of course we all had lots in common..... I was at the ticket window at !2:01...... the attendant says" the tickets are all on hold, looks like the first show is sold out in one minute.." I was ready to have hysterics...... but St John's scheduled a second show and I got front row centre..... I am so excited that I can't stop talking..... wow...... by the way they have scheduled and sold out a third show as well........ incredible.......
AndreTheGiant

Post by AndreTheGiant » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:07 pm

Like an idiot, I relied on the Playhouse's online and phone sales for Fredericton. The site obviously wasn't set up for an event with such a large demand, and the phone lines kept sending me through to a recording with no ticket purchasing options. Like I said, I had a seat reserved online, but when I went to confirm my order, the site crashed again; I checked my account afterwards, and the ticket was gone. So no Leonard Cohen for me. And I'm not paying a scalper or ebay seller the hundreds of dollars the tickets now seem to be going for. Hope some people got tickets, but I'm so frustrated with the whole experience that I'll never go to the Playhouse again.
average jay

Post by average jay » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 pm

It actually took closer to a half hour for it to sell out in Moncton, but they had problems with the online sales from the start and it was saying "sold out" almost immediately. I stood in line at the Empress box office and got some tix in the balcony. My mother was one of the lucky few who actually managed an online booking and got some good floor seats. So it worked for a few, but I think many many more were disappointed and I was happy to get what I did.

I just heard a rumour of a 2nd show in Moncton. Can anyone confirm?
Izzy

Post by Izzy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:27 pm

I got tickets for leonard's first show here in St. John's. Second row seats 4 and 5. I decided to buy hotseat tickets at mile one the night before and I got first right of refusal yesterday at 10:00. I am so gald I went with this option because I wouldn't have had a chance other wise. I ended up paying close to 500.00 but it is money well spent.I am soooo gald they added more shows. Even with the extra shows I know there is still some broken hearted NL fans. I feel your pain. Keep trying though....
Can't wait to see leonard!!!!!!
Izzy
Bailey2176

Post by Bailey2176 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:54 am

I was number "TWO" in the line up for tickets at mile ONE in St. John's. (got to try harder next time!)

I was there from 6:15pm the night before tickets went on sale (18hrs in advance). I was unable to get tickets for the first night (sold out ,in first minute) but got EXCELLENT seats for second show. Had a good time in the line, met new friends.

Everyone in the line up was civilized and orderly. We established a list as people arrived and peoples' priorities were respected. We could take breaks and go get warm without worrying about losing our place. people went for Tim's and brought back extra coffee for strangers, there was to Cohen songs playing on an Ipod with speakers We shared blankets, folding chairs, cookies, donuts, a drop of "stuff" for the coffee, laughed shivered and sometimes slept. Thank you to those that kept us company in the line. It was a good experience overall.
hroberts

Post by hroberts » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:06 am

O happy day! I managed to get seats for Tuesday night show in St.John's. It was madness trying to get through on the website, 1-800 admission number or Mile One box office. The online option finally worked at 12:10 and even though I was only able to get balcony seats!
I sure hope everybody in that lineup got seats!
eheath

Post by eheath » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:11 am

Bailey2176 wrote:I was number "TWO" in the line up for tickets at mile ONE in St. John's. (got to try harder next time!)

I was there from 6:15pm the night before tickets went on sale (18hrs in advance). I was unable to get tickets for the first night (sold out ,in first minute) but got EXCELLENT seats for second show. Had a good time in the line, met new friends.

Everyone in the line up was civilized and orderly. We established a list as people arrived and peoples' priorities were respected. We could take breaks and go get warm without worrying about losing our place. people went for Tim's and brought back extra coffee for strangers, there was to Cohen songs playing on an Ipod with speakers We shared blankets, folding chairs, cookies, donuts, a drop of "stuff" for the coffee, laughed shivered and sometimes slept. Thank you to those that kept us company in the line. It was a good experience overall.
Hi Number "Two " in the Mile One lineup in St. John's . I got there at 6:45 (17.5 hrs in advance) and was Number "Three",however I was just securing the spot for my wife ,who took over shortly after, with my daughter who became number "four". They spent most of the night in a tent , alongside number "five" who came shortly after with his tent. We shovelled the snow off the ramp and tied on to the stadium . I had to go home at about 2:30 to feed the cat. :lol: and struggled back at 7:00 with the coffees. What a great experience and what great people Leonard's fans are.. We were rewarded with FRONT ROW SEATS on opening night. Hallaleijua :D
Hope everbody else in the line were also rewarded. I still got the list up to Number "Seventy Four".

cocktailtalk

Post by cocktailtalk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:12 am

oops-double post!
Last edited by cocktailtalk on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”