Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
iknowitsover

Re: Manchester shows

Post by iknowitsover » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:38 pm

You mean touts are already there at the venue box office????
What are they doing, selling tickets?
How does this continue...how do they get tickets?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions here but I'm just baffled by the whole ridiculous circus of ticket sales in the 21st century. It is a lottery and a money making exercise for people who can't make money any other way. :shock:
coldbeer

Post by coldbeer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:39 pm

ptn wrote: HOLY FUCK! I've just looked on ebay and someone is selling 2 tickets in row Y for £499! Evil. It's worth conctacting the seller to try to get a reference then maybe trying TM customer services to see if you can get them investigated :-) Also, contact eBay - there are rules on not selling stuff that you don't yet have in-hand. We're unlikely to be sending these tickets out for a few weeks, so you may be able to get them in trouble on eBay...
Ticketmaster are just as bad as ebay with their Ticket Exchange programme where all the best o2 tickets seem to have gone.

Ebay allow things to be sold that you don't have as long as you state that in the auctions.
Deena

Post by Deena » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi ptn (can | call you p for short?) you're a diamond. thanks for all this info; it's strangely comforting...I'm devastated not to have been successful in getting anything for Manchester at all, but your latest tips give me some hope. (and there's always the Guardian offer thing I suppose, whatever that may be). Many thanks. Deena
coldbeer

Post by coldbeer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:41 pm

iknowitsover wrote:You mean touts are already there at the venue box office????
What are they doing, selling tickets?
How does this continue...how do they get tickets?
They will have been there to buy tickets. What they normally do is round up a bunch of teenage kids and pay them a few quid to queue up for tickets so they can get round the maximum ticket limit.
fafner

Post by fafner » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:43 pm

The Touts 'stooges' were outside the Palace Theatre from about 8am queuing with genuine fans to get their hands on tickets. From what I could gather the Touts pay 'street people' to arrive and camp outside early. The Touts then show up 5 mins before doors open and muscle into the queue on the pretence that they are ' with their mates'. Deplorable...
iknowitsover

Post by iknowitsover » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:44 pm

ptn - yes, just want to add my thanks to you for all the information... you really have enlightened us all about ticket sales more in one day than I have figured out in 30 years!!

It is strangely comforting to know, as somebody else has said, but it hasn't made me love the sytem any more :?
dancook_uk

Post by dancook_uk » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:46 pm

[quote="ptn"]
Call on the phone and ask to see if there are any restricted view tickets available. The website doesn't offer these, but you can get them over the phones and the restriction is often minimal. Chances are, these have been sold by now, but it's worth a try.
quote]

Yeh, when I phoned they mentioned that there were tickets avaialable but unfortunately that they were restricted view. So I asked what was meant by restricted and it was something like that the handrail would block your view if you were below 5 foot 3. So managed to get front row of the circle!
They did seem to be suggesting before i asked what they meant that there was going to be a massive steel pole right in front of me or something.
It was definitely worth phoning, seemed to be absolutely impossible to get anything from aloud.com or ticketmaster.
yousef_mcr

Post by yousef_mcr » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Hey Fafner - were you the chap who kept running up to the windows to peer through the security grills?
polarfox

Post by polarfox » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi Folks,
what about the june the 19th? Ticketmaster doesn't show anything to this date. I tried to get a ticket for Friday. Are they already sold out???
fafner

Post by fafner » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:51 pm

yes, that was me! I just sent you a message cos I worked out who you are too. I wanted to shake your hand when you emerged with your ticket - but you had descended into a bit of a daze - and I was still frantic to get my hands on my own tickets.

Anyway - CONGRATULATIONS!
ptn

Post by ptn » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm really glad some of my advice has been of help! I know how frustrating Ticketmaster's systems can be, so I like to give any advice I can :)

A further note on the eBay touts - eBay requires that all event ticket listings give the original face value of the tickets (in this case, £75 or £50). You can report any listing which does not do so by clicking on the 'Report this Item' link at the bottom of the page. You may also be able to kick up a fuss with eBay because selling the tickets for higher than face value is against the terms and conditions set by Ticketmaster. Give 'em Hell!

As far as I know regarding items sold that aren't in-hand, buyers have to have the tickets in-hand within 30 days. As there's no guarantee of this, I think they're on dodgy ground.

I don't really know much about the Ticket Exchange thing, but from what I've heard, it's not exactly a lovely thing :-( I can't pretend Ticketmaster is anything other than another business looking after its profits, but it is still interested in unsanctioned touting (i.e. touting not taking place on their own website). It's a route worth trying, at least...
yousef_mcr

Post by yousef_mcr » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:56 pm

fafner wrote:yes, that was me! I just sent you a message cos I worked out who you are too. I wanted to shake your hand when you emerged with your ticket - but you had descended into a bit of a daze - and I was still frantic to get my hands on my own tickets.

Same to you!

Sorry for not seeing you on the way out - I certainly was in a daze; it's been a long morning.

Starbucks' horrible coffee has never tasted as good as the one I slurped on the way home :D
fafner

Post by fafner » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:59 pm

yousef_mcr wrote:
fafner wrote:yes, that was me! I just sent you a message cos I worked out who you are too. I wanted to shake your hand when you emerged with your ticket - but you had descended into a bit of a daze - and I was still frantic to get my hands on my own tickets.

Same to you!

Sorry for not seeing you on the way out - I certainly was in a daze; it's been a long morning.

Starbucks' horrible coffee has never tasted as good as the one I slurped on the way home :D

I walked down Oxford Rd in a complete daze myself - hand firmly gripped around my tickets in my pocket. I'm so relieved...but still a little dazed...
forrest

Post by forrest » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Absolutely gutted I couldn't get tickets for Manchester....
coldbeer

Post by coldbeer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:06 pm

ptn wrote:I'm really glad some of my advice has been of help! I know how frustrating Ticketmaster's systems can be, so I like to give any advice I can :)

A further note on the eBay touts - eBay requires that all event ticket listings give the original face value of the tickets (in this case, £75 or £50). You can report any listing which does not do so by clicking on the 'Report this Item' link at the bottom of the page. You may also be able to kick up a fuss with eBay because selling the tickets for higher than face value is against the terms and conditions set by Ticketmaster. Give 'em Hell!

As far as I know regarding items sold that aren't in-hand, buyers have to have the tickets in-hand within 30 days. As there's no guarantee of this, I think they're on dodgy ground.

I don't really know much about the Ticket Exchange thing, but from what I've heard, it's not exactly a lovely thing :-( I can't pretend Ticketmaster is anything other than another business looking after its profits, but it is still interested in unsanctioned touting (i.e. touting not taking place on their own website). It's a route worth trying, at least...
You are right about the 30 day thing. I hadn;t seen that clause before.

Sorry if my post sounded like a pop at you as it wasn't intended like that. You've been a great help in this thread.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”