Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
coldbeer

Re: Manchester shows

Post by coldbeer »

abulafia wrote:Got tickets for Manchester, the Friday show. Yeah! Does anyone knows where I can find some photos from this place? The virtual tour on the webpage does not seem to work.

I;ve never been in myslef but this site has a few photos taken in 1980 but I doubt it has changed that much.

http://www.arthurlloyd.co.uk/Manchester ... hester.htm

Far nicer place than the o2 that's for sure
Undertow

Post by Undertow »

Well there we go, after all of that, not able to get tickets.

Shit.
Padma

Post by Padma »

I hope I'm not posting this message twice! I may have a spare ticket for the Manchester gig in the stalls (really good seat) on the Friday night. If anyone is interested, please pm me!
Padma
mogwai

Post by mogwai »

i'm trying that right now!!!!!!
Longpig

Post by Longpig »

coldbeer wrote:
abulafia wrote:Got tickets for Manchester, the Friday show. Yeah! Does anyone knows where I can find some photos from this place? The virtual tour on the webpage does not seem to work.

I;ve never been in myslef but this site has a few photos taken in 1980 but I doubt it has changed that much.

http://www.arthurlloyd.co.uk/Manchester ... hester.htm

Far nicer place than the o2 that's for sure
That is a beautiful venue, really classy.
maggie

Post by maggie »

I too was thrown by the Livecard password bit. I eventually realised that there were two ticket bits and went for the right one and was allocated 2 tickets. There were a few very fraught minutes during which I couldn't remember my Ticketmaster password (God knows why I didn't think to log in before hand) before I eventually made it at around 10:05. :D :D :D

I've been trying ever since to get another 2 tickets for some friends but there aren't any.
dhering

Post by dhering »

First time post - just to say I got stalls tickets after it appeared they were sold out by ringing 01613853211 a few minutes ago. I then wnet back on ticketmaster and they had stalls seats available again. They may be releasing them in waves. Keep looking.
jimrclements

Post by jimrclements »

I'm just posting again because I'm in a bit of a panic! I wanted Friday tickets, but there were none available. In my ticketmaster panic/frenzy I booked the only other tickets I could get (Wednesday). But I don't think I can even go on Wednesday! I don't want to sell my tickets, though, because I'm desperate to see Lenny. Is there ANYONE out there that would be interested or kind enough to do a swap? If not, does anyone have any suggestions??? Aagh!
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I missed out on the London tix because after getting online at 0900 and getting an allocation near the front, it turned out my credit card expired end Feb and by the time I had entered the new details, tix had gone. However I then logged on again for Manchester and got 2 tix in rear stalls for 17th June. Shall have to drive up from London but weeeee it's Leonard. Does anyone know what the stall seats and acoustics are like in the Manchester Opera House as I have never been there. (Am still looking at London and if by any chance, near the date, I get my hands on two decent tix there, I may put Manchester back up for sale at face value here. No promises though).

Honeyrose
scorpio1952

Post by scorpio1952 »

SUCCESS! :D :D :D Any messages, I will be n/a for a few days. Need to destress (lol)
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL, AND MANY THANKS TO JARRKO, WITHOUT WHOM THIS WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN POSSIBLE.
Life is what happens to us while we are busy making other plans.
AndrewGMooney

Post by AndrewGMooney »

Keep trying. I just got a ticket for Tuesday at Manchester after refreshing the screen about 10 times when it said none available. 10:45 am!

If you only want 1 ticket there may be some left, maybe not in the best locations, but you might get one.
Longpig

Post by Longpig »

Yeah, I'm thankful for the tickets I have, Gallery or not.

Hallelujah.
Ms.Bojangles

Post by Ms.Bojangles »

Hey,
Does anyone know what happened to the mysterious Thurday date?
richiep

Post by richiep »

Got tickets for Orchestra Stalls Row Y - is that the same as the Regular Stalls<
Last saw Leonard over 30 years ago in Bristol. He did so many encores that he almost repeated the entire set!
Quite excited - well very, very excited to be honest!!!
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Ms.Bojangles wrote:Hey,
Does anyone know what happened to the mysterious Thurday date?
If you read back though the thread, all will be revealed (or you could buy a Guardian on 4th April...)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”