Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ptn

Re: Manchester shows

Post by ptn » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:36 am

hydriot wrote:I've just tried a dry run for Manchester, pretending I want a top-price ticket for Evita, and it was worse than random. After I rejected a ticket and tried again, five times it offered me the same ticket again: A26 - in the front row but way over to the left.
The website booking runs on a best-available basis. It will have decided those seats are the best available and offered them to you. When you rejected them, they went back into the system and when re-requested tickets, it offered you these again as they are, according to its programming, the best available tickets. If these tickets were bought in between you declining and asking again, it would have offered the next-best-available tickets and so on.

But as you say, there aren't really any options to choose specific seats on the online system - the site would be constantly grinding to a halt as thousands of people all try to specify the same tickets.

The phones and the ticket centres allow you to specify seats, but this runs the risk of losing seats - in the time it takes to select some good seats and hold them to complete the booking, they have often been bought by someone else. It can be quite frustrating to be offered various different really good seats, then be told someone else bought them a second earlier.

For large pop events, we usually offer the best-available option first - this means we grab what the computer thinks is best and have them held to complete the booking. Often, a customer will demand that we look into the seating plan and try to get different seats. In the time it takes to do this, they've often lost the first seats offered to them and ended up further back.

This kind of thing applies more to massive events (Take That, anyone?), but it does show that there's a slight gamble in requesting a specific area. Personally, I think it depends on what the computer offers you. Usually it's very good, but it can't account for personal preference (say you'd rather be further back, but in the middle, rather than close to the front but on the side). In these cases it might be worth asking the agent to look around.

I'd recommend making yourself well acquainted with the seating plan before you book (get it here: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/seatingchart/189249/10862). In case you've not been to a theatre before, bear in mind that the stalls are ground floor, the circle is above the stall and the gallery is above the circle. Between rows F and Q in the stalls and from row A to G (roughly speaking) are the prime positions, but pretty much everywhere will still offer a good view.

Um... I think that's pretty much all of my knowledge exhausted. Have fun tomorrow morning!
loulou

Post by loulou » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:22 am

thank you for all your valuabel input ptn :!:
desire the horse
depression the cart
William

Post by William » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:28 am

Friends
I can hardly believe it.
This evening I received by post an invitation to join Leonard for dinner after his show and a backstage pass for two.
I don't actually have anyone to invite which is a shame.
I am honoured and delighted as I've ony met him on half a dozen occasions and then only in passing, as it were.
This has made my day
William
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:37 am

Friends
I can hardly believe it.
This evening I received by post an invitation to join Leonard for dinner after his show and a backstage pass for two.
That's beautiful, William :D !!! I am so happy for you 8) ! You deserve this kindness :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Undertow

Post by Undertow » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:07 am

William wrote:Friends
I can hardly believe it.
I don't actually have anyone to invite which is a shame.
I am honoured and delighted as I've ony met him on half a dozen occasions and then only in passing, as it were.
This has made my day
William
That is a problem very easily solved :lol:
Longpig

Post by Longpig » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 am

... It's almost time to scramble, people!
bogey

Post by bogey » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:15 pm

A word of advice from someone who's just suffered extreme frustration trying to get Edinburgh tickets: KNOW YOUR SECURECODE - that extra level of security they have now for some cards. I had to frantically phone my bank to get mine reset because I'd forgotten it. Luckily there were still tickets available at ten past nine, but I'm sure that won't be the case with Manchester.

Good luck everyone!
Longpig

Post by Longpig » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Argh What is this 'LIVE card holders' thing? It wants a password... D:
bogey

Post by bogey » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:58 pm

WTF????
loulou

Post by loulou » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Longpig wrote:Argh What is this 'LIVE card holders' thing? It wants a password... D:
yes , same here, bloody hell so near yet do far - what on earth is this password they want :shock:
desire the horse
depression the cart
bogey

Post by bogey » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Is this thing going to go away???
Longpig

Post by Longpig » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:02 pm

I am FREAKING OUT!
pclist

Post by pclist » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:04 pm

It's open now, I just got tix. Try again.
roubiliac

Post by roubiliac » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Wednesday, circle, middle, row 3. YES!!!!
ptn

Post by ptn » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:06 pm

You don't need to put a livecard number in!

Just click 'look for tickets'!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”