Seating vs. Prices for Montreal Shows?, after show party?

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mark J

Seating vs. Prices for Montreal Shows?, after show party?

Post by Mark J »

Hey everyone,

Just wondering where the cut off on the floor is between the most-expensive (260) and the second most expensive (160) seats is. I see a lot of people got seats as close as 2nd row for 260, and my 160 got me as close as row J. Anyone else pay 160?

Congratulations to all who got seats, and thanks again to JARKKO for his efforts. I discovered Mr. Cohen in adolescence just after he went up the mountain, and every passing year made it less and less likely that my dream of seeing him live would come true. Now I get to see him twice! Maybe we should all plan to meet at a bar afterwards to glow and grin and babble on like schoolchildren about the show!

I'll see those of you lucky ones on the 23rd! (And, fingers crossed, the 7th of June in T.O.)

Yipppeee!
-Mark
VELOVERMONT

Re: Seating vs. Prices for Montreal Shows?, after show party?

Post by VELOVERMONT »

Mark J wrote:Hey everyone,
Just wondering where the cut off on the floor is between the most-expensive (260) and the second most expensive (160) seats is. I see a lot of people got seats as close as 2nd row for 260, and my 160 got me as close as row J. Anyone else pay 160?
Congratulations to all who got seats, and thanks again to JARKKO for his efforts. I discovered Mr. Cohen in adolescence just after he went up the mountain, and every passing year made it less and less likely that my dream of seeing him live would come true. Now I get to see him twice! Maybe we should all plan to meet at a bar afterwards to glow and grin and babble on like schoolchildren about the show!

I'll see those of you lucky ones on the 23rd! (And, fingers crossed, the 7th of June in T.O.)

Yipppeee!
-Mark
The cut off is pretty near the front;I got tickets in the 160$ category in row E which is the ninth row .But maybe the cutoff takes into account a central versus a lateral seating.Seats 1 and 2 are central.Seats 30 to 40 are rather sideway.

Roger
montreal 2008; montreal 2012x2
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm almost straight-on SIDE for one of them, then... E-38. Another one [started out at B-7 :cry: ] ended up at BB11... uhm, not quite the same. At least I'm there, though... and that's what matters most. I bought one of each price. Wish to heck so much hadn't gone wrong whilst that B-7 was being held. I'm curious who ended up with it!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
bigdee

Post by bigdee »

Hi Lizzy,
Is your BB11 ticket for the 24th? If so then we'll be neighbors (almost anyway I have BB15). I looked at the seating chart and I think you actually got a much better deal getting BB11 over B7. It seems row AA is the front row followed by BB and up to row EE then starts the single letter rows. So it seems your problems with the site moved you from row 7 to row 2. I don't know about you but I'd raither have row 2 than row 7. If your original B7 seat was for the 25th then I almost got your seat for that show as I have B6 on that day.
Bigdee
1993: Philadelphia July 15 2008: Montreal June 23,24,25 2009: NYC Feb 19/ Columbia May 11/ Philadelphia May 12/ Waterbury May 14/ NYC May 16,17/ Boston May 29,30/ Philadelphia Oct 22/ NYC Oct 23/ Cleveland Oct 25 2010: Vegas Dec 10,11 2012: Boston Dec 15,16/ NYC Dec 18,20 2013: NYC Apr 6,7
violetfish

so lucky

Post by violetfish »

I wasn't able to get tickets yet but its going to be awesome because June 24 is a national holiday in quebec. Its St Jean Baptiste and there's a HUGE parade and lots of parties.
Yaanon

Post by Yaanon »

The tickets I were able to get for $160 each were in row E, numbers 28 and 30 on the 25th. That's ten rows from the stage from what I gathered from the seating chart, and that's close enough for me!

And I, for one, would be all for an after-party. Perhaps somewhere besides a bar for us teetotalers. ;-)
Montreal June 25th 2008| Coachella April 17th 2009| Las Vegas November 12th 2009

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”