Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
biglenfan

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by biglenfan »

Come on, tell all, what was it like? Was it as good as you expected, how did he sound, all the news!.
CANNOT wait for Sunday!
CatMac

Post by CatMac »

Come on William, more infor on the concert PLEASE. You're the first one to post.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

EXQUISITE, MAGNIFICENT AND ALL THAT
Last edited by tinderella on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CatMac

Post by CatMac »

Don't be such a tease, just a little hint and I can go to bed and dream until TOMORROW.
sarah35

Post by sarah35 »

ODD THAT, WILLIAM POSTING AT 10.41 WHILE LEONARD WAS STILL ON STAGE, HE DIDNT FINISH UNTIL 11.09. YES YES TECHNOLOGY WIFI AND ALL THAT BUT SURELY??? ME THINKS SAID WILLIAM MAY BE TELLING PORKIES, AND NOT AS GOOD AS THE PIES THAT WERE ON SALE TONIGHT
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

hey sarah... tempted by those pies... if there as good as they sound I shall have a great time tonight.. were you there ... how was it ?????????
Calli

Post by Calli »

For me it was an amazing experience. The venue is simply breathtaking and as Leonard said " What a sky" - a beautiful evening with an impressive array of sushi to vodka bars.

As for the man himself - it was more than I expected.

So for those with tickets for tonight - you lucky things!!!!
Calli

Post by Calli »

PS Did anyone get any photos on the night?
William

Post by William »

sarah35 wrote:ODD THAT, WILLIAM POSTING AT 10.41 WHILE LEONARD WAS STILL ON STAGE, HE DIDNT FINISH UNTIL 11.09. YES YES TECHNOLOGY WIFI AND ALL THAT BUT SURELY??? ME THINKS SAID WILLIAM MAY BE TELLING PORKIES, AND NOT AS GOOD AS THE PIES THAT WERE ON SALE TONIGHT
Sarah - the clock on this site is ONE HOUR earlier than real time.
I actually posted at 1141.
But if it makes you feel somehow better then believe as you will.
The show was wonderful and I did post from the site - so please rest assured!
And it will be as good tonight & tomorrow.
And the Webb sisters are....charming.
And it was good to meet some of the Irish posters from here.
Nice people and we didn't argue! :D

One caveat - the food was pretentious and hugely expensive. Bring sandwiches or find damellon's very reasonably priced food wagon, The Tartan Trailer - you can't miss that flag. As one Irish poster whom I met said: "Sushi my arse, far from it we were raised."
I agreed with his sentiment entirely.

God bless,
William
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Hey guys
please post your concert comments in the "one the road with Leonard" section, we have a special Dublin thread there!

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11339
Charco

Post by Charco »

I have had to let 24 hours pass by to ensure that I was not hallucinating and tell you all I met Mr. Cohen walking discreetly in Dublin yesterday morning.

I was walking along Lr Abbey Street [for those who know Dublin!!] at 8.45am yesterday heading to work full of LC thoughts and the excitement of the weekend concerts [going Saturday and Sunday]. This debonair immaculately dressed man with a magnificent hat passed me by. I stopped dead in my tracks, did a double take and realised that I had just passed by an icon whose work I have adored for the past 40 years!!! Mr. Leonard Cohen walking quietly along a Dublin Street.

He turned into a side street and I ran after him. I introduced myself and quite honestly turned into a blubbering mess!!!. I welcomed him to Dublin, thanked him for all the enjoyment he brought into my life over the years and told him how very much I was looking forward to his concerts. He thanked me and showing great humour and concern for his Irish audience enquired of me what if it rains at the concert? --he obviously was very acquainted with the vagaries of the Irish weather!!--I told him I would get him a large umbrella and he laughed!!!--I asked him if I could help him with directions but he politely told me that 'he just likes to check out the city himself ‘. We shook hands said goodbye and I continued on into work in a daze!!!

And they say Friday 13th is unlucky!!--not for me --I will saviour those few personal words I had with Leonard yesterday for the rest of my life

Best wishes to all and enjoy the treat in store for us tonight and tomorrow night

Charco
confetti

Post by confetti »

that's a lovely story Charco, bet you walked on air all day yesterday. It must be wonderful to meet a hero and get a good response. I have always been afraid to approach anyone that I respect in case my image of them is shattered.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast »

i don,t think willie boy was there he,s a spoffer :D any chance of the set list?
http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0613/9news_ ... 9,null,230 check this out for news report
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

Fisher
I think he was - I've spoken to two people who spoke to him.
Will look out for him myself tonight.
Hope he does I Am ...I Said and Cold Water Morning.
Gather he did them last night.
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast »

wat u on about poppy? neil diamond ?

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”