Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Post by jarkko »

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/180 ... norcatid=1

€88.50 - €115.00
Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Fri 14/03/08, 09:00

POD CONCERTS & AEG LIVE
LEONARD COHEN
GROUNDS OF ROYAL HOSPITAL
KILMAINHAM - OUTDOORS
GATES 5:30PM : SHOW 7:30PM
SAT 14-JUNE-08

(Thanks to Anne Riise for the info)

*** I don't think we will have pre-sale for this!!
kagee

Re: Tickets to Dublin

Post by kagee »

Looks like I will have to log onto every pc in the office on Friday morning so. :D
biglenfan

Post by biglenfan »

thanks Jarkko, looks like only tickets for Friday 14th at the moment.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Oh My... so lets hope ticketmaster behaves itself, it let me down in the past... fingers crossed :D
claire.oconnell

Post by claire.oconnell »

tinderella53 wrote:Oh My... so lets hope ticketmaster behaves itself, it let me down in the past... fingers crossed :D
Me too, I'll be working in a public access computer room in a University at that time on Friday morning...I may just accidentally forget to open the door and actually let the public in until I have hopefully got tickets :twisted:

Seriously though, I'm coming into work early that day to make sure that the network isnt down (Murphy's law and all), and if it is, screw work!, I'm off to the nearest internet cafe!

It's a pity that there is probably no pre-sale, but I guess it would be very hard to organise before the general sale on Friday morning.

Also, I wish ticketmaster would put up an indication of what seats cost what and a seating plan would be nice, anyone know what the layout is like for seated concerts in IMMA/Kilmainham?

Is it adviseable if when we manage to get through at all to just click "Best Available" and hope for the "best"?
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

Ticketmaster is showing prices at 85.50 - 115.00 :cry:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
claire.oconnell

EXTRACTS FROM POD.IE ANNOUNCEMENT

LEONARD COHEN
14th Jun 08

POD Concerts & AEG Live present
LEONARD COHEN
performing at the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham
as part of his WORLD TOUR 2008

A fully seated intimate outdoor show
Venue: Grounds of Royal Hospital Kilmainham

Price: Tickets are priced from EU88.50 (incl booking fee) and go on sale 9am this Friday 14th March from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide

Internet & phone bookings are subject to service charge 12.5%, agents charge EU2.50
http://www.ticketmaster.ie /Ph 0818 719300

On the heels of his induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Leonard Cohen announces his first tour in 15 years.
Immediately following his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel tonight, Leonard Cohen announced his world tour, marking a return to the live arena after 15 years. He is scheduled to open in Toronto on June 6 and 7, the city that gave birth to his career as a recording and literary artist, and then play Europe in the remainder of June, July, August and early September.

In 2008, Cohen's live tour will be as varied as his influence. The Royal Hospital Kilmainham is the unique setting for his Irish performance. Rob Hallett from AEG Live said, "For many this tour will be the once in a lifetime opportunity to see the legend that is Leonard Cohen. We as a company are honored to bring this long rumored tour to reality across the globe."

Leonard Cohen plays Dublin on 14th June on the grounds of the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham for a very intimate fully seated outdoor show. Gates 5.30pm - Show 7.30pm. (On weatherproof terraplast flooring.)

http://www.leonardcohen.com
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Thanks for all the great info Claire...
weatherproof flooring lol, so no mucky wellingtons needed then lol. Lets hope the sun shines on Leonard when he comes to Dublin. And lets hope Ticketmaster works well for all of us on the day.
It is gonna be the highlight of the summer without a doubt.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Yes that 'best available' thing is a bit iffy for sure, god be with the days when you went to a counter and they showed you the seating area and if you were there early you could choose a great seat! As long as i have my ticket comfirmation in my hand.... as i said it will be like Charley Bucket finding the Golden Ticket in the Wonka bar...... I am happy and I will bring my binoculars on the day 8)
jacqueline

Post by jacqueline »

Is Leonard playing on the 14th and 15th june in Dublin. It doesnt mention a second date at ticketmaster!! :?:
thisguydontdance

Post by thisguydontdance »

jacqueline wrote:Is Leonard playing on the 14th and 15th june in Dublin. It doesnt mention a second date at ticketmaster!! :?:
This wouldn't be a surprise - it is standard ticketmaster practice to only put a second show up when first is on-sale and heading towards sell-out. They then luanch it is "by popular demand".
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Yep that is what they do all the time so if you want the sunday show, you will have to wait till they announce it... as if they were doing us favours lol
claire.oconnell

It is gonna be the highlight of the summer without a doubt.[/quote]

You said it...maybe highlight of my life! :D
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

HIghlight of mine too Claire... i love that song Because of from Dear Heather... when he says because of a few songs wherin i spoke of their mystery, woman have been exceptionally kind to my old age................ such wonderful words. Leonard YOU ARE TIMELESS.
Last edited by tinderella on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacqueline

Post by jacqueline »

i was thinking of going both nights!! :D . Really looking forward to it. Have never been to him live. great picture of sunset claire. where is it :?:

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”