Dublin, June 14-15 and now also 13!!!

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
claire.oconnell

Re: Dublin, June 14-15 - tickets

Post by claire.oconnell » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:01 pm

tinderella53 wrote:Claire lets keep the extra date as quiet as possible..... not many lurkers on the forum these days, and maybe we will get lucky and get good seats nearer the front this time. 2 nights in a row of Mr Cohen, heaven on earth!
I will even put up with Damian Rice, but then again, if we have our seats we can hang out at the chippy till he is finished 8)
Excellent plan :razz:
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:36 pm

Real-Alan, I take it all back. I thought you were a geuine poster but I see you're just a ticket lurker. Sorry we won't have the pleasure of your company in Dublin. And sorry I can't be with you in Manchester. Long hop from the West Coat of Ireland to Manchester. You wouldn't be a West-Brit would you? ;-) Slan is beannacht.
Athena

Post by Athena » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Hello everyone,

What is the best way to be sure of getting the best tickets you can? Is it to sit on the website until it opens? Or to phone Ticketmaster? Or to actually queue up at a Ticketmaster sales location.

Missed out on tickets for Saturday and Sunday because I was travelling. Want to be sure to get a pair for Friday.

Jim
denisthemenace

Post by denisthemenace » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Athena wrote:Hello everyone,

What is the best way to be sure of getting the best tickets you can? Is it to sit on the website until it opens? Or to phone Ticketmaster? Or to actually queue up at a Ticketmaster sales location.

Missed out on tickets for Saturday and Sunday because I was travelling. Want to be sure to get a pair for Friday.

Jim

Don't bother with the phone Jim, too slow. Internet is your best bet if you have a broadband connection. Otherwise I'd queue if I were you. Nice and Early!
lynam

Post by lynam » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:03 pm

fisherinbelfast wrote:fisrt time in dublin mr cohen gave a redition of Kevin Barry , this will undoubtable be his last time in dublin maybe he,ll do it again. by the way anyone got an mp3 track of l.c doing kevin barry ? love to hear it.
Hello to you fisherinbelfast ,

I have that Kevin Barry MP3. I'm not sure if you can attach MP3's to postings but I can email it to you if you like, ( or anybody for that matter )

Let Me Know

Lynam
catman

Post by catman » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:37 pm

catman wrote:Regarding Dublin hotels - the 3* Russell Court on Harcourt Street is central and reasonably priced, but has a reputation for being noisy on certain nights because of its clubs - we're staying there during the week, so I'll post a 'review' afterwards.
My advice is don't go there unless you're not bothered by noise, otherwise it's great value for the price - amazing location and nice breakfast too. But they provide you with complimentary earplugs, so that should tell you something. We stayed there on a wednesday night, and the music didn't stop til about 3am - didn't really bother us, we were having a private party in our room... but if you need a full night's sleep, I'd look elsewhere. 8)
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:36 pm

Red Poppy wrote:Real-Alan, I take it all back. I thought you were a geuine poster but I see you're just a ticket lurker. Sorry we won't have the pleasure of your company in Dublin. And sorry I can't be with you in Manchester. Long hop from the West Coat of Ireland to Manchester. You wouldn't be a West-Brit would you? ;-) Slan is beannacht.
ah, Poppy, I'm honoured you took the time to research my meagre posting history.... and you should know, nothing is as it seems... nothing is "real" ;-)

I'll keep an eye out for you in Dublin.... (or will I...?) Slán go fóill :shock:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
damellon

Post by damellon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:40 pm

I have shortlisted seven people, all coincidentally female, for the Manchester backstage and dinner - am awaiting photos from two, five have arrived.
Decision day is Wed 19th March.
And thank you Damellon, Diane and Claire for the photographs
Still awaiting yours Miss 1953.
William

William - wherever you are - have you chosen your backstage babe yet?? :?
If so, please return my photograph.
You may keep The Cambridge Companion to Modern Irish Culture, with my compliments. :D
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
confetti

Post by confetti » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 pm

i think i may arrive a little late now, can't stand damien rice. i have tried, but no i just don't get him.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:39 am

Alan (real or otherwise) where do you get those fadas or are you just pleased to see me? ;-)
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:10 am

Red Poppy wrote:Alan (real or otherwise) where do you get those fadas or are you just pleased to see me? ;-)
No, that's just a harmonica in my pocket... ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

confetti

Post by confetti » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:16 am

real-alan wrote:
Red Poppy wrote:Alan (real or otherwise) where do you get those fadas or are you just pleased to see me? ;-)
a 32 note one obviously :D
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:17 am

confetti wrote:
real-alan wrote:
a 32 note one obviously :D
Have we met???? (sadly, it's diatonic.... :( )

damellon

Post by damellon » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:32 am

(sadly, it's diatonic.... :( ) Does that mean you bend, overblow and can take up different positions, Alan? :D
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
real-alan

Post by real-alan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:58 am

damellon wrote:(sadly, it's diatonic.... :( ) Does that mean you bend, overblow and can take up different positions, Alan? :D
all of those, and I can give it a really good suck too... :oops:

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”