CONCERT REPORT: Amsterdam (July 12)

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ronald1956

Re: amsterdam westergasfabriek 12 juli

Post by ronald1956 »

Rain, clouds or sun anyway it's going to be a beautiful day today.
I cannot remember any other occasion that I was this exicited. I cannot wait till 19.30 altough I've waited twenty years.
Menni

Post by Menni »

Looking at my window I think all rain is falling right this moment, so there probably isn't any left tonight. Not that it matters. The waiting for the miracle is over..
Remigius

Post by Remigius »

Hi everybody,

It will also my first LC concert for me, I became a devotee "just" 20 years ago ( after hearing
his music when I first met my lovely wife who at that time was already a fan ) and wasn't able to
visit the Amsterdam concert at that time. Of course there will be no rain this evening !!!!!
Lots of fun everyone :lol:
true love leaves no traces
mrooz

Re: Amsterdam, Westerpark, July 12

Post by mrooz »

In fact, camera's are allowed, but professional camera's are not.

Mrooz
martiandnat

Post by martiandnat »

Tic-tac, tic-tac... just a few hours to go! We came all the way from China, ups no, Barcelona, for the concert. We tried to bring our weather as well, but we obviously missed that part... See you there? Is the Pacific Bar at the Westergasfabriek? Martí & Nat
rodipoet

Post by rodipoet »

The show in Amsterdan was superb. I do not want to repeat all other reviews.Instead of that I want to tell about the video-director and the weather. During the song Hallelujah was the sky(open-airconcert) very beautifull and that view was mixed with the concert-pictures on the big tv-screens.
Wonderful , nice coincidence! And Leonard was kind as allways and showing a lot of energy and compassion.
Greetings from Holland.
Rob and Lieke
marita

Post by marita »

Just got home from a great evening at the Westergasfabriek. It was truly magical.
Mr Cohen gave a wonderful show. I had a great time even there was some rain (during Take this waltz!) I can't sleep, too much music in my head. So I'll take another glass of wine and listen to his music and watch youtube. I am happy!
mvdh

Post by mvdh »

Also just got home in Eindhoven with my girlfriend, returned from Amsterdam. It was in one word WONDERFUL. In more words, the weather was great, the people were friendly, we even got to park our car on the other site of the entrance (we were a bit early and sat there with the first 15 or so people) and a few hours later, Leonard Cohen and his friends were superb! The sound was good, his voice was more than ok, we got to stand 10 meters from the master himself, so we could see every detail of his wonderful smile, which he showed a lot during the performance... :-) Going to sleep now, with a smile on my face myself!

:-)

MvdH
mvdh

Post by mvdh »

Actually, umbrella's were allowed. Small camera's were allowed. Nothing was checked, we even brought some snacks/food and could have taken drinks.

We just got home in Eindhoven with my girlfriend, returned from Amsterdam. It was in one word WONDERFUL. In more words, the weather was great (just a few drops of rain, didn't need any raincoats), the people were friendly, we even got to park our car on the other site of the entrance (we were a bit early and sat there with the first 15 or so people) and a few hours later, Leonard Cohen and his friends were superb! The sound was good, his voice was more than ok, we got to stand 10 meters from the master himself, so we could see every detail of his wonderful smile, which he showed a lot during the performance... :-) Going to sleep now, with a smile on my face myself!

:-)

MvdH
Nessus Jr

Post by Nessus Jr »

It was my 1st Lenny gig...
It was so beautiful...
I cried during Dance Me To The End Of Love
Open air....sun going down ...
What a gracious modest artist, he kept introducing the band...
Phoned ania ... voice mail ...
fukkin time zones ...

Marco
2008 Amsterdam
2012 Ghent
maurice

Post by maurice »

Wonderful evening. I really loved the moment where Cohen gazed into the crowd and said: "You are all covered with sunshine."

Hallelujah. Take This Waltz. I'm Your Man. If It Be Your Will. Bird on a Wire. Suzanne. He must have played them all...
You know who I am...
jackfrost

Post by jackfrost »

Amsterdam was my first LC show, and it was just great. Nice location, great sound, a brilliant band, a fine selection of songs (exactly the same as in Bruges and Lyon, if I'm not mistaken). And Mr. Cohen was at the top of his game. Think I'd better get some of these tickets for the shows in autumn ...
Raycords

Post by Raycords »

This was worth the wait.
Everything was perfect.

Hats off to our field commandor.

Hopefully he'll be back in autumn or winter.

Raymond
Amazone

Post by Amazone »

Which songs did he play in Amsterdam? (unfortunately, I couldn't attend the concert).
moodyblue

Post by moodyblue »

Beautiful weather,clouds are water-colours and the Gentleman perfect,his songs guided me safely through puberty and it remains an honour to listen,my thanks to all.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”