Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
lcnash

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by lcnash »

Hello,

I am first time (poster), long time fan. I've been patiently waiting, as we all have, for the wonderful news and the opportunity to see LC in concert.
Reason I am replying is that I am a little taken aback by some peoples comments that "only" long time LC forum members should get priority tickets.
Frankly, to me, doesnt sound to me Leonard Cohen-esque. Sounds kind of elitist, clubby.
While I could understand the sentiment, I might feel the same way if I had posted 640 times - but I think you really have to be truly care about the man, and the music, to take time and effort to log on every day, read the wondeful stories and dialogue, and wait for the miracle to come.
Not wanting to disrespect anyone's opinion on the matter, its just I really think that for people like us (true Cohen fans that Everyone on this forum is) - outsiders if you will - to now start drawing lines in the sand ("I'm a bigger fan then you,etc) excluding people flies in the face of what Cohen represents

LC Nash
Undertow

Post by Undertow »

Oh wow thank you so very much. :D
st theresa

Post by st theresa »

Thank you Leonard and Jarkko. This is all so exciting, and so very thoughtful to give the members of this group such an opportunity. I had been thinking the chances of my getting a one day ticket to the concert in Spain was highly unlikely, but my hopes have been raised again. I do feel there is a spiritual force that presents itself to us when we present ourselves to it. Just the coincidence of my being in Spain at the same time as Leonard, seems so interesting. Since I began to get involved with this site and the Cohen nights organization, I began dreaming of meeting Leonard. I was told he would likely never tour again, and I told myself, I would likely never get tickets if he did. and yet and yet....I definitely could handle not seeing Leonard if that were to be my fate, but something seems to have a different plan for me. A few years ago I connected with my spiritual teacher over a website I found. I never dreamed of meeting him either. And yet somehow that came about. I spent a week in his town in Australia, magically getting there from Canada, and visiting with he and his wife. I can hardly wait to meet Leonard ;-)
Lech

Post by Lech »

Hurrraaaa!!!
Let's book...
newyork

Post by newyork »

3 tickets shouldn't be too many, should it? I'm hoping he will play New York on Memorial Day (May 26 for all those across the sea :D ). My wife is a speech pathologist and his voice always hurts her ears, but she enjoyed his appearance with Anjani at her concert in NYC last year, and my oldest daughter wants to go too. (My other two are going to pass :( )
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

It is looking increasingly liklely that a European tour will be on before US/Canada, unless Leonard starts a US tour very quickly - does that mean the advance booking will be for both legs, or Europe only?
Actually the tour begins with concerts in several cities in Canada in May and then goes/comes over to Europe. The organizers are working on the pre-booking arrangements, and we will soon learn which venues and where will be included in this option. My impression is that the number of tickets will be very limited for the small Canadian venues while many gigs in Europe are at open air festivals. Note that I don't have the list yet, so this is just speculation!
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Thanks to Leonard, Jarkko and all concerned for making this possible. In the past, I've had no trouble getting best seats for Leonard's
shows (well nothing harder than sleeping outside the Albert Hall in 1974!), but this time I was worried that I might not even be able to get tickets,. Now I'm just hoping that I can find the money.

All best wishes, John E
b55

Post by b55 »

thankyou all for this
(no extra criteria please that wouldn't be fun)
(posting activity as a measure of fanness, don't think so)
que sais-je?
harryboro

Post by harryboro »

Wonderful news...been a fan since 1968 - waited each day for each new album -

I am concerned there will be arush of "touts" signing up to the forum

How can this ( if at all) be prevented?? :roll:
Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.
Keen

Post by Keen »

That is outstanding news.

And while I can understand the concern of longtime members about the influx of new members after the tour was announced, I do believe that all of us 'noobs' are true fans and not out to 'flip' any tickets purchased here for profit. The opportunity to see him in concert is one I thought I never would experience,

I was brought up on Cohen by my dad, actually one of the few artists that my dad played that I actually enjoyed :D But that's another story.

Hope we can all get along =)
Henning

Post by Henning »

Jarkko, maybe you don't know you yet. But my question is: Refers the ticket limitation of a person only to a specific venue or to all selected venues ? For instance: If the limitation is 2 tickets and Wetzlar and Espoo are selected venues, may I then book 2 tickets for each show or just 2 tickets overall. In other words: Do you recommend that I ask my mother to register to the forum ? These are worrying days with sleepless nights for all of us.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
citizen

Post by citizen »

Good news!!!
ragsandfeathers

Post by ragsandfeathers »

Thank you thank you a million times over thank you!!!!!!!!

Now I need to go figure out when exactly that is in my time zone, so I can forfeit whatever else I might have planned and log on then!!!!!!!!!!!
....Now that my ladder's gone
I must lie down where all the ladders start
In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart

W.B. Yeats
ragsandfeathers

Post by ragsandfeathers »

I, too, am wondering about whether this includes the US tour, as I'm completely unable to afford travel outside the US right now... (just found out I'm losing my job as a professor due to budget cuts, so unemployment is pending...yikes!) Guess I'll find out when everyone else does....
....Now that my ladder's gone
I must lie down where all the ladders start
In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart

W.B. Yeats
leonardfan

Post by leonardfan »

This is wonderful. Hope Leonard will do a concert in Belgium this summer!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”