Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
hanes

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by hanes »

Okay, oddly enough I just checked the website again and it is listed there now

http://www.admission.com/html/browse.ht ... VREGION=33
bethb

Post by bethb »

how can we obtain advance ticket code?
kaczor47

Post by kaczor47 »

It is very nice to see all the newly registered users. Welcome to this great community.

However, please, at least quickly scan the previous posts in the relevant thread before asking yet another question on how to obtain a password for a presale.

edit: I apologize if this was found to be offensive by some. I wish everyone good luck in obtaining tickets. Peace.
Last edited by kaczor47 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halifax 12.05.2008, 13.05.2008; Wellington 20.01.2009; Wellington 31.10.2010
Tereza

Post by Tereza »

I read this thread, and it seems, like the old members are somehow scared of the new ones.

I registered yesterday, only because I wanted to ask the question about the Prague concert, and I wasn't able to write here without registration. I admit most of you know Leonard for longer time than me. But it's just because I'm 25. I also admit, that I would LOVE to use the advance ticket booking oportunity, as I'm pregnant, and I have one year old son. It's more difficult for me to get the tickets.

Please, if anyone heard any rumor about the Prague concert, let me know!
rhona

Post by rhona »

Oh man. More bitching at newer members. Dude, this totally lets down the other, more welcoming members of the community, and makes you look pretty mean-spirited. On the UK sales, new members had to put up with unpleasant, playground comments, and lo - there was no pre-sale, so those people just made themselves look kind of nasty for nothing. If you really want to discourage new members sharing here, then knock yourself out. I'm sure Leonard would really appreciate your efforts.

And one final thing... you never really know who the people are , that you are hoping to offend and turn away...nor what their personal back-catalogue is...so you really should be a little careful. Just a thought.

xxx
Oh bless the continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh

2008 Manchester Opera House
2008 Clyde Auditorium/SECC Glasgow
2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
rhona

Post by rhona »

P.s. Tereza, welcome, and congratulations on your pregnancy! Very exciting time. Lots of luck getting the tickets you want. There's tons of info scattered around various threads, and useful tickets being bought and sold (and bought again?) on a sticky thread. xxx

2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
Tony

Post by Tony »

As an "old"member, in more ways than one ,I have found it refreshing to see more interest and comment in this forum by newer members. There will always be disagreements but that is the way of the world. Maybe some will join the chatroom which has been a little empty of late.
Paula

Post by Paula »

quote="rhona" Oh man. More bitching at newer members.

Who are you having a pop at Rhona. So far as I can tell no one was having a bitch.

If it was directed at kaczor47 I think you will find he was trying to be helpful.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
asfaleia

Post by asfaleia »

hello,

i am an old listener although i am 25 years old. i listen to leonard since i am ten.

i am a "mid-member", signed in a lot of time ago, never partecipated much, re-signed in recently.

i would propose to forum 'owners' to put a blocked post on the forum where is clear how we can buy tickets in advance.

i am a bit in difficulty at reading 40 pages of posts, but if it's the only way, i'll do it! (i need those tickets (lucca 27.07.08))

thank you very much, and let's hope that everybody is a fan will have what he wants (and maybe 'deserves').

nice bye,
a.
(sorry for the english)
on est dans l'epoque des hommes doubles, on n'a plus besoin de miroirs pour parler tout seuls
rhona

Post by rhona »

Then my apologies must be due... as I failed to sense the genuinely warm welcome which was being extended. Lost in translation, eh?

xxx

2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
Paula

Post by Paula »

It has happened to me many many times Rhona. Where are you from?
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Asfaleia: actually we had such a locked thread about the advance booking when it was current - but now, when Montreal and Toronto are done, we have no information about another pre-sale. Any essential news will be shown in locked threads at the top of the Tour 2008-2009 section! Also check http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-1.html - the schedule is easiest to find there! / Jarkko
Darling

Post by Darling »

I was on the Admission.com site 5 minutes before the time tickets start to sell and stayed on trying and trying to purchase tickets for Moncton NB and at 12.00 I was 'told' there was too many people on line and when I got on I around 12:02, I could not even buy a single ticket, it's sickening. :(
moreykris

Post by moreykris »

Internet/phone system didn't work too well for Fredericton. I waited outside the Playhouse for 13 hours and was rewarded with front row centre. I can't say the hundreds of people in line behind me were so lucky. Tho most of them showed up an hour before the box office opened, not sure what they were thinking.
izielle

Post by izielle »

moreykris wrote: I waited outside the Playhouse for 13 hours and was rewarded with front row centre.
It is refreshing to see that the old fashioned way paid off for once. This round of ticket selling was definitely low tech. The internet totally bombed. I feel happy that at least the local market benefited.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”