Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
drsing

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by drsing »

pernilla wrote:i named my son after Leonard too. Milo Leonard Diaz

drsing wrote:
kaczor47 wrote: Or can I buy a pair of tickets, one for myself and one for my wife?
......and one for our son (who is named after Leonard!) :?: :!:
We managed to get three tickets for the Manchester gig. So for the first time in his 19 years, my son will see his 'namegiver'. Thanks for all the information on the forum. :!: It made us possible to order the tickets by an international telephone call to the UK Ticketmaster international call centre, at 10.01 AM (which is 11.01 overhere in the Netherlands). :D Three golden stalls tickets!!! :D Amazing!!
Last edited by drsing on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2008 Manchester, Brussels (2x), Rotterdam
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
2012 Ghent 2012 (2x), Amsterdam 2012 (2x)
2013 Antwerp, Oberhausen, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam
Diane

Post by Diane »

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but some venues keep back some tickets until the night, to try to foil the touts. At the sold-out Springsteen concert in the 02 in December, they were selling tickets on the night, at the box-office.
David Blackman

Post by David Blackman »

Shame I don't live in Canada at least forum members there could register and stand a chance of getting good tickets . While over here in the UK no forum member registration and only faraway rip off tickets, unless you can afford to go corporate at London's second worst venue, in my opinon Wembly still takes gold. Any chance of an extra date at The Apollo Hammersmith where I first saw Leonard , maybe open to forum members only that way real fans would get to see Leonard in a better Tower of Song :(
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

Diane wrote:Don't know if this has already been mentioned but some venues keep back some tickets until the night, to try to foil the touts. At the sold-out Springsteen concert in the 02 in December, they were selling tickets on the night, at the box-office.
Yes, at the October 'Book of Longing' concert, I noticed they were selling genuine returns at the box office even as we filed in (which made me laugh at the thought of those eBay prices), but that may have been a lot to do with England's unexpected success at rugby.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

We don't have information about pre-booking to ANY European concert, so be sure to get your tickets when the official sale begins!
drsing

Post by drsing »

Jarkko, but on March 10 you wrote:
"We will have advance booking to any European concerts"
how did you mean this? :?:

***Unfortunately there is one word missing: "NO"
However I added this sentence on Friday to the original March 10 message.
There is so much happening all the time that there is an obvious risk of
this kind of typos!
-- Thanks for letting me know about the missing word!
***/Jarkko
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Ok, and that's what has happened to me:
Jarkko, do, please, read the following:
I put on google LC + concert + Lisbon (which is the venue I'm most interested in) and got a link to a webpage that offered tickets for EUR 250 up to 390!!! + some EUR 30 for ticket delivery. All legal, secured by visa, etc... How on earth can they sell tickets for such an amount of money?
Considering my husband and I (not thinking anymore of taking the kids to the concert) have to get to Lisbon and spend a night somewhere... it seems nearly half of family holidays' budget disapears in one night.
Doesn't it smell fishy?

***These are scalpers/touts who plan to buy as many tickets at the normal price - something like 70 euros - and then make big profits by selling them to others. Note that the tickets are not on sale yet - so they really don't have any tickets ... it's a fraud!!***/Jarkko
Beyond the myths and the masks the soul remains alone...
disordered

Post by disordered »

magdasto wrote:Ok, and that's what has happened to me:
Jarkko, do, please, read the following:
I put on google LC + concert + Lisbon (which is the venue I'm most interested in) and got a link to a webpage that offered tickets for EUR 250 up to 390!!! + some EUR 30 for ticket delivery. All legal, secured by visa, etc... How on earth can they sell tickets for such an amount of money?
Considering my husband and I (not thinking anymore of taking the kids to the concert) have to get to Lisbon and spend a night somewhere... it seems nearly half of family holidays' budget disapears in one night.
Doesn't it smell fishy?
I wouldn't buy those tickets, they are probably from touts. Tickets should be available at http://www.ticketline.pt/, or at least that is what you can read at the tour details page http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-1.html

Try calling to their phone number and ask them when they start selling tickets
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

first of all: thanx Jarkko and disordered:
the problem is there's no info on the webpage Jarkko had put as a contact. moreover, their phoneline is ALWAYS busy and they don't respond to mails asking when the tickets go on sale.
since it seems we won't get pre-sale for this venue, is there at least a chance, Jarkko, you'll get the info when the sale begins before it actually will so to try and get the tickets before the scalpers do?
I've took some time this morning to read other posts and was surprised to find out so many of you had similar experience as I did. It's really, really sad to see how our society has changed and how the culture itself has become another good to crawl for.
Well... I will keep peeping into the forum. What other thing can I do?
I wish luck to all of you getting your tickets...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Unfortunately I have not received a complete list of dates when the tickets go on sale in various countries -- in many cases it
will be decided locally. The ticketing info I have added to the website has been either informed by our local members or
picked up from the venue websites. Any updates are welcome; I try to keep the page updated as well as I can,
but it seems to be very difficult -- things are now moving so fast!
magdasto

Post by magdasto »

Jarkko, no need you excuse yourself, ever since I was browsing this forum, and later posting there's anything anybody can possibly point to you as a failure. You're doing a great job and you're the best helpful hand one can imagine in this "battle". I've never meant to make any kind of pressure on you, it's just that somehow I believed you get the first hand info concerning all that ticket stuff. I have relatively little time to surf the web but if I get any info on that one, I will surely leave a post.
Thanks again for a great job (keep in mind my invitation for a dinner with Finnish golden cranberries liquor, should you happen to travel to see LC in Lisbon, I leave just around a corner - some 250 km away, but in Spain). Take good care.
drsing

Post by drsing »

drsing wrote:Jarkko, but on March 10 you wrote:
"We will have advance booking to any European concerts"
how did you mean this?

***Unfortunately there is one word missing: "NO"
However I added this sentence on Friday to the original March 10 message.
There is so much happening all the time that there is an obvious risk of
this kind of typos!
-- Thanks for letting me know about the missing word!
***/Jarkko
thank you Jarkko, keep on writing please! :roll: your words are being spelled :lol:
1985 Rotterdam
1988 Amsterdam
1993 The Hague
2009 Lisboa
2010 Dortmund
zintman61

Post by zintman61 »

Leonard Cohen performing live...he's finally back!
Astounding news!

Not too worried about the presale,I've discovered in recent years that the best seats are not always allocated to presales.
I have,on more than one occasion,purchased better seats than what was available through presales.

I'm just excited beyond belief!

(I've just discovered this forum and there seems to be many nice people here!)

cheers
Sue.Somerville

Post by Sue.Somerville »

I am looking for tickets for 17th July O2 London but can't get through with Paypal for some reason. Can u help?
Darling

Post by Darling »

Too bad the presales have been cancelled for the Maritimes, I was counting on it... I am hoping to go to Moncton to see the show if I can get some decent seats which seems rather unlikely... :cry:
I was lucky enough to see him in Montreal a few years ago and it was FANTASTIC !He even wore a Montreal Canadian hockey shirt. Getting tickets in those days was still feasible...
Last edited by Darling on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”