Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
joe

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by joe »

Is it possible to get special tickets for Dublin concert
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

lizzytysh wrote:
I'm staying ;-)
Then, would you mind removing the wink, real-alan? Or, at least tell me for how long ;-) ?

~ Lizzy
Ooooooh, I think I'll be around until at least June..... ;-) ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

Paula wrote:I got email

Dear Paula, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY You have booked to attend LEONARD COHEN at The O2 Arena, London on THURSDAY 17/07/2008 at 19.30 You have ordered the following tickets Reference xxxxxxx - 2 SEATS at £67.80 Plus a Transaction fee of £ 2.00 Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until the week of the event. If your tickets haven't arrived 48 hours before the event, please contact us.

God I hope that is right.
Hey what is going on with this ticket thing? I have had email confirmation of the tickets I bought this morning, just a formal confirmation, but no chatty email like Paula's. Maybe that depends on the outlet you used. I just booked mine this morning on Ticketmaster.

I have just checked out the sites for both O2 and for Manchester, and can still buy rubbsih tickets for the O2 very high up and about a thousand miles away. Manchester does not say they are sold out, but even putting in for one ticket for any of the 3 nights they are still advertising brings up a 'tickets not available' message. So I guess they are mostly all gone now.

BUT, I also just checked out the 'Ticket exchange' section for the O2. I do not know how they can get away with this - Ticketmaster are supposed to be an offical site, that we unfortunately have to use to get hold of the tickets we want. Have a look - they have best seats in the downstairs blocks, A1, A2, etc offered in this section of their 'official' website for up to £650 each (I kid you not - that's £1,300 for 2 tickets!!). Yet going online just after 9 am when they released the tickets for sale resulted in not getting offered anything decent at all, and certainly nowhere near blocks A or even B. How is this possible that an official seller of tickets allows this kind of thing? Are there no 'official' controls over these shitty ticket companies, who are making fortunes over the backs of the fans?

I am outraged!!!!!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

How is this possible that an official seller of tickets allows this kind of thing? Are there no 'official' controls over these shitty ticket companies, who are making fortunes over the backs of the fans?
Perhaps, they hired a slew of temporary employees and had them come join the Leonard Cohen Forum. After ticket sales, they'll certainly be able to cover the temporary payroll.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Paula

Post by Paula »

Suemelyn - I used seetickets. The tickets are still miles away from the stage but try them
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

Suemerlyn wrote:How is this possible that an official seller of tickets allows this kind of thing? Are there no 'official' controls over these shitty ticket companies, who are making fortunes over the backs of the fans?

I am outraged!!!!!
Yes there are official controls. I suggest you print-off the pages that show the tickets on offer and send them to the Office of Fair Trading with a complaint, explaining the circumstances. The OFT is a powerful body. At the very least they should be able to 'encourage' Ticketmaster to not allow tickets to be offered above sale-price.

A 'third party' like eBay is always difficult to control, but when a principal like Ticketmaster begins to act like this with its own tickets it's on shaky ground ... not least because this sort of behaviour brings the company into disrepute, something shareholders and directors are always keen to avoid.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
valglasfan

Post by valglasfan »

lizzytysh wrote:
How is this possible that an official seller of tickets allows this kind of thing? Are there no 'official' controls over these shitty ticket companies, who are making fortunes over the backs of the fans?
Perhaps, they hired a slew of temporary employees and had them come join the Leonard Cohen Forum. After ticket sales, they'll certainly be able to cover the temporary payroll.

~ Lizzy
Ok that does it, I'm off.This crap has nothing to do with LC. Keep on contemplating your navel, and thank goodness i won't be around to see the reply.
willcarter

Post by willcarter »

valglasfan wrote:
lizzytysh wrote:

~ Lizzy
Ok that does it, I'm off.This crap has nothing to do with LC. Keep on contemplating your navel, and thank goodness i won't be around to see the reply.
Why bother announcing that you're flouncing off?

Just go to another thread if there's nothing here for you.

I find the discussion about scalping/touting quite interesting, and highly relevant to this forum at this time.
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

good idea, hydriot! may just do that.

Thanx for the hint about seetickets, Paula.

Anyway, we all got tickets (well, I hope), whoopee...!! and I got that gripe about the nefarious activities of Ticketmaster off my chest...(bastards)

Sue m
FatCat08

Post by FatCat08 »

Lizzytysh - You are offensive, why don't you try to put some thought into your posts.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hello FatCat and Valglasfan ~

I don't understand why you do, but I'm willing to accept that you find what I said [that which is quoted in this post only, as I don't recall who said what I was responding to with it, which got quoted in such a way as to appear that I'd said that, too] to be offensive. I generally try to put at least some kind of thought into my postings. The amount varies, according to the topic, how seriously I take it, and how much time I have available.

On this particular topic, as Will has already noted, I find my and others' postings here highly relevant at this time. No amount of further thought would have had me say anything different than what I already said. I have a feeling there are things I could say which might be more offensive than that. When looking at the membership increase here and what's being reported regarding the availability and prices of tickets, the law of averages and a pinch of common sense would seem to support my thoughts. There appear to be some things happening that are a lot more offensive than anything I'm saying. Actually, I thought the way I went about saying it was at least a little bit clever ;-) .

I'm curious about your screen name, F.C. Do you own a large cat?

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
rvandewiel

Post by rvandewiel »

Jarkko,

Will there be an advanced ticket booking opportunity for Amsterdam as well? And if so, how will we know the password?

regards

René
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

No prebooking, and you don't need any password.
sam sebban

Post by sam sebban »

Hi Jarkko

Just to precise that the concert at Lyon France will be during the : festival de FOURVIERES (there are others festivals in the region)

sam sebban
adrianacanada

Post by adrianacanada »

Hello Jarkko,

Will there be an advanced ticket booking opportunity for Cap Roig Festival in Girona, Spain as well?

Thank you!

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”