Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
moreykris

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by moreykris »

The weather was horrible, but we had a lot of fun. There were about 13 of us in all until dawn, when the masses started pouring in. The guy in the front spent 22 hours total in line. It was a marathon but an enjoyable experience. I'm glad the Playhouse encourages it by saving the better sections of the floor for people who show up to wait in person.
Darling

Post by Darling »

moreykris wrote:The weather was horrible, but we had a lot of fun. There were about 13 of us in all until dawn, when the masses started pouring in. The guy in the front spent 22 hours total in line. It was a marathon but an enjoyable experience. I'm glad the Playhouse encourages it by saving the better sections of the floor for people who show up to wait in person.

You are lucky you have LC come to your town so you can do that, unfortunately a lot of us have to depend (unsuccesfully in my case) on the internet, but at least I am happy that the best seats did not go to touts, congratulations! Enjoy it for the rest of us!
FreddyBeach

Post by FreddyBeach »

moreykris wrote:The weather was horrible, but we had a lot of fun. There were about 13 of us in all until dawn, when the masses started pouring in. The guy in the front spent 22 hours total in line. It was a marathon but an enjoyable experience. I'm glad the Playhouse encourages it by saving the better sections of the floor for people who show up to wait in person.
Hi All;

I'm a newbie here, also. In fact, I never even knew there was an online fan club until I saw the article in the Fredericton Daily Gleaner. I'm a long time LC fan, but never had the opportunity to see him in person. When the Fredericton concert date was announced, I nearly did back flips in the office. :oops:

The weather here in Fredericton was indeed miserable (rain, freezing rain, ice pellets) today. I did manage to score four tickets, though. Due to work related events, I was unable to line up at the Fredericton Playhouse. I did see the line as I passed by on my way to work this morning. Everyone looked cold. :(

Besides myself, there were two others in the office who were also trying to get tickets. We each wanted two tickets, so we made a pact that who ever got through to the box office should order the maximum (4 tickets). Two tickets for the purchaser and the other two up for grabs. All of us tried to get through on both the telephone and online. Unfortunately, I was the only one to get through before the venue was sold out.

I think the online site crashed a couple of times under the demand, but I was eventually able to get through long after I thought the show would have been sold out (about 20 minutes after sales started). I slipped out of the office about an hour later (late lunch) to pick up the tickets at the box office. When I arrived, there were about 150 people lined up. It seems the Playhouse was taking contact info for a waiting list, in the event tickets were not claimed. Not having the time to wait, I left.

On the way home from work, I again stopped in at the box office. This time I had better luck. There was no one in line. :D The two ladies in the ticket office looked so frazzled that my heart went out to them. Having been there since morning, they were now busy stuffing and addressing envelopes full of LC tickets. After presenting my confirmation letter and code, I was handed a nice folder containing a strip of four tickets. As the woman was preparing my tickets, she commented that I was one of the lucky ones to get through online. Apparently, not many did. I hope all of you who wanted tickets succeeded.

Now that I am here, I hope to get to know you all a little better.

Brian
lyng grysti

Post by lyng grysti »

Hi there,
I'm in Vancouver.. where dates have not yet been anounced. Will there be advanced ticket sales here as well, if and when a concert is announced?
If so, i hope someone can please tell me how I would take advantage of that.
Thanks so much!
Lyng
asfaleia

Post by asfaleia »

[quote]Asfaleia: actually we had such a locked thread about the advance booking when it was current - but now, when Montreal and Toronto are done, we have no information about another pre-sale. Any essential news will be shown in locked threads at the top of the Tour 2008-2009 section! Also check http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2008-1.html - the schedule is easiest to find there! / Jarkko[/quote]

thank you very much Jarkko,
bye,
a.
on est dans l'epoque des hommes doubles, on n'a plus besoin de miroirs pour parler tout seuls
Boss_Bellini

Post by Boss_Bellini »

hi friends,
below are the updated dates of the Leonard Cohen's World Tour.
I'd like to ask you Jarkko if there is planned advance ticket booking even for the Prague gig.
Thanks.

Leonard Cohen - World Tour 2008:
June 6-7: Toronto (Sony Centre)
June 14: Dublin (IMMA)
June 17-20: Manchester, England (Manchester International Festival)
June 23-26: Montreal (Place des Arts)
June 29: Glastonbury, England (Glastonbury Festival)
July 1: Oslo (Aliset Stadium)
July 3: Helsingborg, Sweden (Open Air)
July 5: Copenhagen (Rosenborg Castle)
July 6: Arhuus, Denmark (Raadhus Parken)
July 8: Montreux, Switzerland (Jazz Festival)
July 9: Lyon, France (Lyon Festival)
July 10: Bruges, Belgium (Cactus)
July 12: Amsterdam (Westerdam)
July 16: Edinburgh (Castle)
July 17: London (O2 Arena)
July 19: Lisbon (Passeio Maritimo)
July 20: Bennicasim, Spain (Bennicasim Festival)
July 22: Nice, France (Jazz Festival)
July 25: Lorrach, Germany (Stimmen De Welt)
July 27: Lucca, Italy (Summer Festival)
July 29: Athens (Lykabettus Theatre)
Aug. 3: Ledbury, England (Big Chill)
Aug. 5-6: Istanbul (Arena)
Aug. 10: Prague (Castle)
Aug. 12: Budapest (Sziget)
Aug. 14-15: Girona, Spain (Cap Roig)
Aug. 28-29: Vienna (Opera House)

***The August dates are not yet confirmed except Ledbury. We have no information about advance booking./Jarkko ***
ways_of_escape

another question for jarkko..

Post by ways_of_escape »

hey :lol:

i'd also be glad to use this pre booking option (i hadn't heared of it till now).

is it possible to pre book tickets for the newly announced dublin gig.. is it possible? how is it done?

many thanks
"And those who ernestly are lost? Ah, they're lost and lost again"
damellon

Post by damellon »

No advance booking for Dublin gigs.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
ways_of_escape

Post by ways_of_escape »

for which gigs is there pre booking then?
"And those who ernestly are lost? Ah, they're lost and lost again"
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

None so far. This is made clear elsewhere on this Forum.

***except Toronto and Montreal, but they're done/Jarkko***
richardrj

Post by richardrj »

jarkko wrote: ***The August dates are not yet confirmed except Ledbury. We have no information about advance booking./Jarkko ***
Just because Cohen's management has not got around to making an "official" announcement yet, does not mean that a date is not confirmed. Venues are also able to confirm shows. And for at least one of them (Prague), it has been confirmed that tickets will go on sale soon.
Last edited by richardrj on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The confirmation and permission to add a concert to the list are coming and first have to come from AEG Live, the world-wide tour operator.
bebles

Post by bebles »

I have just found the site. I have also looked at the aeg site [http://aeglive.com/tourdates.php?id=177 ... type=event] and see that the Manchester events are listed, but it does not indicate when these tickets will be on sale. Are members of this forum able to buy tickets in advance of AEG releasing them? If so, how and when am I able to buy them? I first heard Leonard Cohen 40 years ago and then rediscovered him when my daughter began playing his more recent albums; a maestro who I must see.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

And here it is your Birthday, already, BirdOnTheWire!! Haven't seen you here in awhile... any plans for your celebration, Eric? Or is Leonard's concert your pre-post celebration for this year?

Happy Birthday :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
mishamake

Post by mishamake »

Hey Hey, I am in Atlanta and trying to figure out how to get the super secret ticket code, can anyone help?

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”