Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
cdm81

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Post by cdm81 »

This is great! I'm a long-time fan and long-time lurker and am most excited!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Haha. Add me to the "dreamers" list. I couldn't find the other one, posted by someone with a name similar to Tinkerbell... Tindersticks maybe? Or Tintersticks? Well, anyway, this was my dream last night:

I was at an over-the-top exclusive and unaffordable hotel where we were required to go to find the list of instructions on how to obtain tickets. I had to fly to get there. I got my list [couldn't tell you where, but somehow did] and it was on a single piece of paper, listing 10-12 necessary steps, but each worded into very long sentences.

The listing of the steps, however, instead of being in straight linear fashion were each deeply curved downward to the right, so to read them you had to turn the paper to the left. About 2/3 of the way down the list, one of them cut up through all the rest from its beginning point, upward to the right, cutting across those that had preceded it, so it resembled a graph line indicating a steep rise. The remainder of the others continued in the 'normal' fashion of being deeply curved downward.

The whole thing also resembled those flight maps that airlines use to show the various origin points and destinations that they cover.

With 10-12 being too many steps for me to memorize and keep straight in the moments of computer accessibility, when I'm also trying to find out what sites to go to and how to get there, and then how to enter my information as quickly as possible, I thought maybe I can help myself out a little by separating the steps with magic markers.

I was able to find two of them ~ a neon yellow and a somewhat neon orange. Not enough neon, though, to allay my concern about how easily I'd be able to read 'through' it. When I tried it, I found it to not be ideal, but at least manageable. Time was short, so there wasn't really time to search out another magic marker. It had been difficult enough to find these and time was quickly passing.

So, I began alternating the highlighting of each sentence... none of which were simple... so I could at least find the next step easily. I started with the yellow and then orange and then yellow and then orange and then orange, again :shock: .

Oh no, I blew it! So, then, I put some neon yellow over the orange to at least make it stand out from the preceding orange, as being a brighter orange. I was in a quandary if, whether after that, I should go back and do the others like that, too [except for the orange one that preceded my first try with it, as I still needed those two to be distinct from one another]... as it would at least increase the readability of the orange sentences.

Time was even shorter by then, I hadn't decided what I should do, and then that portion of my dream ended and went on to something else. So, there you have it... my subconscious's attempt to process all this.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
lucy_hime

Post by lucy_hime »

^^ Can't wait. Thank-you, Leonard!

x
aphilm

Post by aphilm »

Really looking forward to seeing him in Germany :)
Last edited by aphilm on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riddler

Post by riddler »

i feel so bad.......... i only joined this forum for a chance to see leonard in concert.......
please forgive me.
Knickerless

Post by Knickerless »

you don't want to be involved in idle chit chat dropping cheeky Cohen quotes from time to time?

well I'll be damned. be careful my friend, they will hang you!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Knickerless ~

No one will get hanged here. I also know it's not necessary for you to join here, so you can have a chance at getting early tickets, and be offensive to the Forum and its members, in the process.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
TheSuz

Post by TheSuz »

Is the day really here? Oh yes, it is! I'm not dreaming!
stan

Post by stan »

is it tommorow yet? :D
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
David Blackman

Post by David Blackman »

I can't wait counting the time now and looking forward to the future. Thank you everyone who is making this happen and making a lot of people happy
Knickerless

Post by Knickerless »

Hi lizzy,

It was my understanding that I had to join in order to receive pre-booking passwords etc - otherwise i would have remained an idle lurker. I'm sorry if you took me seriously, i don't really think they hang people in the Leonard Cohen message forum. Good luck with reaching the 18,000 post mark.
bornfree

Post by bornfree »

Knickerless I like your style. Youve inspired me to write this poem.
O knickerless
Under your dress
Are you not feeling chilli
If you would let
I'd make you sweat
My wild unbroken filly
What do you think?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Knickerless ~

The hanging comment was a minor clarification regarding your hyperbole. My comment, of course, relates to your own regarding the nature of the Forum and, by extension, those who have contributed over the years.

You mis-read my sentence regarding joining. I should have started the second half of it with, "only to . . . ". My point was in the second half of it. In fact, however, you can get the information we're all waiting for from the Files. My point was in the second half of it.

I hadn't noticed where my count is, but thanks. I'll no doubt reach it ;-) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
yoeri

Post by yoeri »

I really appreciate new members can get tickets too. I have been reading this and other sites a lot, without however feeling the need to join in.
please don't forget belgium...
heather38

Post by heather38 »

Will the advance tickets be available to ALL forum members, even the shy ones who don't normally post anything on the forum but read it religiously?

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”