Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
linda_lakeside

Re: Advance ticket booking for Files/Forum members

Postby linda_lakeside » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:11 am

've had the pleasure of seeing Antony Gormley at a public lecture, I have a very exciting (yet nerve racking) sculpture critique on Monday, I get to see the stunning Hawksley Workman play on Monday evening, annnnnnnnd the best of it, the update of Mr. Cohen's tour. The thought of Tuesday is making me anxious!
I'm so giddy over it all! It's lovely!

And perhaps I'll be able to surprise my momma with the trip of her lifetime. It wouldn't be right, seeing him play without her by my side.
Great. I guess you won't mind forking over those tix (should you get them) to a 'likely no tix' person like me? - kidding - all the best to all of us.
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:30 pm

The pre-sales idea is not "the fan loyalty test" but the promotion tool. The happiest thing will be if *all* the tickets were sold in pre-sales. That would mean only more shows and more public demand and more record sales and more output from Leonard's writing desk / recording studio and more shows and more shows.
bella

Postby bella » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:42 pm

i am very appreciative that we will have the pre-sales opportunity, so thanks for sorting that
ihope the cost of tickets won't be exorbitant but for Leonard I'll just have to make an exception
the first time i saw LC (too many years ago) my dad picked me up from London afterwards and said 'you look so happy' second time was just as good so i'd love to be lucky for a third time
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:45 pm

I never saw Leonard performing. But I am even ready to let it go, just to hear few more records, and to avoid seeing mad fans trying to get into the hall :) :) :) Leonard was and has stayed the private, sacral entertainment.
Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Tom Sakic wrote:The pre-sales idea is not "the fan loyalty test" but the promotion tool. The happiest thing will be if *all* the tickets were sold in pre-sales. That would mean only more shows and more public demand and more record sales and more output from Leonard's writing desk / recording studio and more shows and more shows.
Wow, Tom. You have turned everything on its head, and made something that seemed to be scarce, seem to be abundant. :D .
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:44 pm

The happiest thing will be if *all* the tickets were sold in pre-sales
That's not going to happen... we have just a ticket quota on selected concerts, thanks to the generosity of Leonard and his management. There is no doubt that the venues will be sold out when the official sale begins - and that had been the case also without the advance booking. So from my point of view the pre-sale is an extra bonus offered to the fan community, rather than promotion.
sue7

Postby sue7 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:20 pm

I have been lurking on this forum for some time, but have never posted, even though I've been officially signed up for a while. However, the news that there will be a chance for advance booking for the tour is so exciting... do you mean I have a real chance at getting tickets and may actually be able to see and hear this man who I've been reading and listening to since I was 16.... Thank you, thank you to all those who are responsible for this. And thank you for a great forum.
Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Don't spoil my reverie, Jarkko :) .

Wecome to the forum, Sue. Good luck with getting tickets! It is very exciting isn't it?
Tuls

Postby Tuls » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:23 pm

This is great news - have been a fan since 86 when I was 14 and discovered his music. I have never been to a concert - missed the one in Denmark in the early 90s, which still today is the biggest regret in my life. I never thought I would get the chance again.
acousticmotorbike

Postby acousticmotorbike » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:32 pm

Fantastic news about the upcoming tour, I never thought I'd get the chance to see Leonard Cohen perform live. Now I'm off to see Neil Young in Hammersmith. Happy Days!! :D
fieldcommanderjoseph

Postby fieldcommanderjoseph » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Question, if I am part of the Forum, am I part of the Files? I am not sure?
kieron

Postby kieron » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:49 pm

hey look at all the newbies, it's cool.

Enjoy your triple crown Diane, good luck next Saturday in in Mil Stadium. The gods are with the welsh this week.
"A terrible beauty is born" WB Yeats.
damellon

Postby damellon » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Kieron - your presence here is as rare as that of the newbies :D You're a terrible man for not picking up your PMs or for not replying to them. We had to go ahead with our Christmas party without you! And we couldn't form a quorum at the AGM. :D
Last edited by damellon on Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Cheers Kieron, that's magnanimous of you. There's quite a buzz here, as you can imagine. If we win on Saturday (I say 'we' but I am not a proper Welsh person), Wales will contain sufficient euphoria to tear itself asunder from the British Isles as it elevates skywards, I do believe. (Enter William to praise the very idea.)
LineS

Postby LineS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:28 pm

:D Hope for Copenhagen :D

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”