What venue is everyone hoping for in London?...

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
John Etherington

Re: What venue is everyone hoping for in London?...

Post by John Etherington »

Leonard and very big venues are a serious contadiction in terms. Let's hope nothing bigger than RAH!...far better that Leonard should charge more for tickets and keep the venues relatively intimate. Brian Wilson has the right idea...he does six nights at the Royal Festival Hall for around £50 per ticket.

All good things, John E

P.S. Dharma - I believe O2 holds 20,000 or something ridiculous. It's styled more for The Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen. No one that I know who has been there likes it.
Joney

Post by Joney »

Yes the O2 holds about 20,000. I saw Prince there last August, I felt like an ant, terrible venue and the acoustics are terrible.
Paula

Post by Paula »

I hope it is a smaller venue than something like the O2. I think Leonard's music is best listened to in a more intimate setting that a hanger.

That is partly the reason I would not go to somewhere like Glastonbury, been there, done it much prefer not to have to listen to a load of bands I have no interest in to get to the one person I have actually come to see.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
WiTS

Post by WiTS »

If LC is kindly coming to London, I don't really care which venue for his concert.
If I can get an LC ticket , I don't really care which venue for his concert.

If LC is exclusively coming to Glastonbury, I can't really care which venue for his concert.
If I can get an LC ticket , I can't really care which venue for his concert.

LC, pls, pls, pls ....
············································································································
2008-06-29 Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury Festival; 2008-07-17 O2 Arena, London
Leonard Cohen Chinese Fansite since 2008 http://site.douban.com/137869/
Search LeonardCohenCHINA on WeChat and subscribe for the latest Leonard Cohen news
Gerry Smith

Post by Gerry Smith »

Would Lenny fill O2 (20,000 seats)?

I have my doubts: I don't think even Dylan would fill it. And why isn't Neil Young playing there on his next London trip?
dharma

Post by dharma »

John Etherington wrote:Leonard and very big venues are a serious contadiction in terms. Let's hope nothing bigger than RAH!...far better that Leonard should charge more for tickets and keep the venues relatively intimate. Brian Wilson has the right idea...he does six nights at the Royal Festival Hall for around £50 per ticket.

All good things, John E

P.S. Dharma - I believe O2 holds 20,000 or something ridiculous. It's styled more for The Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen. No one that I know who has been there likes it.
Totally agree John.

I've been to the O2 and don't think it would suit Leonard. That said, it's a far better arena than Wembley or the even worse Earl's Court.

BTW, Brian Wilson is playing a 'greatest hits' concert at the Albert Hall in July. Tickets are £75 and go on sale March 7. :)
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
mhkop5

Post by mhkop5 »

Leonard for Liverpool at the new 10,000 seat arena in the city's Capital of Culture year. What a fitting tribute - see you there Leonard.
windy

Post by windy »

mhkop5 wrote:Leonard for Liverpool at the new 10,000 seat arena in the city's Capital of Culture year. What a fitting tribute - see you there Leonard.
Heres hoping, would be a great venue right on the Mersey
stan

Post by stan »

excuse me! All this talk about lenny in london, has every one forgot we have a north of England as well and a fine concert hall called the newcastle Arena.
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
adamarnold

Post by adamarnold »

The RoundHouse in Camden. Its got lots of history - and Leonard would add to it !
Adam
holeyjoel

Post by holeyjoel »

I have read a rumour elsewhere Lenny may play up to 3 gigs at the 02. Sounds a bit far fetched. Lets hope so. Festival Hall is supurb, but by the sounds of things Roundhouse is a winner. Fingers crossed. Not long now anyways.
woolton

Post by woolton »

If Len does perform in London let's hope it's the Albert Hall........ but it would be great if he came to Liverpool or Manchester but I think that's just wishful thinking. Oh, well, never mind.
phillip

Post by phillip »

yes liverpool would be great how about parr hall warrington?
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
woolton

Post by woolton »

Yes, Phil, I forgot about the Parr Hall..... that's a nice intimate theatre. Philharmonic Hall, too, in Liverpool would be great.
berry77

Post by berry77 »

Hi,

Im new to this site so I would just like to say that me and my partner would travel anywhere in the UK to see Leonard, as I have been told that this will probably be the last time he tours in the UK (which I hope it isn't) My parter has been a fan for many many years and introduced Leonard to me about 10 years ago. Even my 9 year old twins listen to him!!!

But I also agree that a smaller venue would be better but beggers can't be choosers and we should be happy and conented to see him play whever he decides?!?

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”