Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
wtom

Re: Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Post by wtom »

Our passports are ready for the tour. Just need to know where and when - and no matter where - we are there. Like everyone else we are waiting for the news. It can't come too soon.
There ain't no cure for love.
wt
Ellinor81

Post by Ellinor81 »

europe???? YEY!!!! :D
Ellinor81

Post by Ellinor81 »

I really want to know wich cities in europe Cohen will visit!
Last edited by Ellinor81 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragsandfeathers

Post by ragsandfeathers »

I've always said I'd go ANYWHERE for this if it ever happened... but it looks like a US tour is in the works, so that's good, monetarily. I'm going to be checking this darn board obsessively until the announcement, and then sitting on the proverbial pins and needles (or is that leather and nails?) until I have tickets (preferably to more than one show) in my hot little hands.

I had actually given up all hope of ever seeing him live at all, even speaking, so this has already surpassed my expectations, as I saw the Cohen/Glass discussion at Stanford. Didn't know he'd be present at the art opening beforehand, so I missed my chance to actually meet him (which, oddly enough, didn't ruin my world.... could I be a grown-up now?) but am dying to see the tour.
....Now that my ladder's gone
I must lie down where all the ladders start
In the foul rag and bone shop of the heart

W.B. Yeats
Agnieszka Grochowicz

Post by Agnieszka Grochowicz »

Any chances for Leonard Cohen in Poland?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Agnieszka ~

Welcome :D !

Gosh with Leonard's incredibly loyal following in Poland... and the 2010 Event slated for Poland... and his and Anjani's very touching and and successful performance there with Blue Alert, I would certainly hope so! I'll be disappointed on your and others' behalf if it isn't so.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so incredibly thrilled!
Heather
astranger

Post by astranger »

Does anyone suspect Leonard to play anywhere on the east coast besides New York? Maybe Atlanta? I'm just hoping he comes somewhere closer to NC than NY, but I'll travel far and wide if I have to
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
el-nico

Post by el-nico »

Let's go to a concert!
..there were lots of invitations
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi astranger ~

Along with me, I'd plan on a plane ticket, if I were you. I know he's not coming anywhere near Florida!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
daka

Post by daka »

Anyone have an opinion on the likelihood of Spain and the likelihood of Ireland?

daka
If you become the ocean you will not become seasick....Jikan (aka Leonard Cohen)

It's comin' from the feel that this ain't exactly real, or it's real, but it ain't exactly there! . Jikan
Heike

Post by Heike »

Hi everyone,

I was over the moon when I heard about the upcoming European tour :D .
Can't wait for the summer!

All the best,
~Heike
2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankfurt/Oberhausen/Manchester
2009: Cologne/Dublin/Barcelona
2010: Berlin/Wiesbaden/Lisboa/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warszawa
2012: Ghent, August 12/Berlin/Lisboa
2013: Oberhausen/Berlin
flyingiguana

Post by flyingiguana »

Hello to one and all! New member (poster) here, although I've been reading the cohen files for ages. So excited about this news. I honestly didn't think this would happen and now the miracle has come. I'll anxiously await more info and then fret about possibly not getting tickets, I guess it's all part of the experience:) Look forward to posting more often now that I've emerged from the shadows.
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

While I don't doubt the accuracy of the posting of a tour, I find it a bit odd that his label's official site makes no mention of it. Maybe they won't until the details are released? Or maybe they know more people visit this site!
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

A friend from Moncton, New Brunswick (Atlantic Canada) e-mailed me today to say there's a rumour LC is coming to Moncton. I very much doubted it until I surfed the web and found this cyber news article

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080 ... 017/CPARTS

It quotes Leonard as saying "On va commencer dans les Maritimes, très discrètement, très nerveusement, précise Cohen."

Translation "It will start in the Maritimes, very discreetly, very nervously, said Cohen."

I don't think he's ever played the Maritimes. But in the last few years the likes of Bob Dylan himself, and other major artists, have started tours here. Possibly as it's an out-of-the-way place to basically do dress-rehearsals and sharpen the band before taking Manhattan and Berlin. If that's the case, I want to hear "Dress Rehearsal Rag".

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”