Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
linda_lakeside

Re: Leonard Cohen: TOUR 2008

Post by linda_lakeside »

I wanted to ask that question, Paula, but then I thought I better not. :lol: I would assume (assume) that they just heard of the news and came by to verify, as that would be a lot of lurking time. It was a while ago that Jarkko deleted a lot of inactive memberships, I thought. In any event, they're here now. So, maybe the old forum will be rife with lively conversation. :neutral: I sure hope all the newbies don't pick up my bad habit of not reading the thread. Read the posts before you folks, or Jarkko will be posting that tour notice every other post. :lol:
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Thats one of my bad habits Linda put mouth in gear before brain :lol:

Having said that I would be interested to know. (I think I have scared them away for the minute but when darkness falls they might come back on)

I do exactly the same I come in half way through a thread and don't bother reading the rest and just put me tuppence worth on the basis of the last comments.

Note to self: Put brain in gear before mouth and at least scan the thread I am responding to
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

I think I have scared them away for the minute but when darkness falls they might come back on)
...why? do you think there's more...?! :lol:
Monday

Post by Monday »

linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Mais certainment! I would expect him to play Montreal - after all, it is his hometown. So, all those out East are pretty much assured a seat. I think if it's a Canadian tour, he'll include Vancouver as well, as he did on his last couple of tours (some years ago). But, which other cities he might include is a bit of a lottery. With him being inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame, I think we would all just love to show our appreciation. No tour would be complete without a start in Montreal, I don't think. But, we'll have to wait for the Feb. announcement to know where/when the rest of us can expect to know any more. Thanks for the link. The more we can piece this together, the better. Maybe we can be prepared and get a jump on the rest of those who might be wondering about tickets. They're sure to go fast. On his last Canadian tour, I think it was just Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. We'll just have to wait, and keep our fingers crossed.
Baldwyn

Post by Baldwyn »

Hey, I was just thinking...is it going to be the beginning of Feb, or the end of Feb. Because if it's the end of Feb, Feb will seem like a looooong month.
cj

Post by cj »

Hi everybody,
This is the first time I have posted anything but I have been reading the boards for several years. I, too, am very excited about the tour and hope I can get tickets. I'm not really part of the concert scene so I am wondering how one goes about getting tickets.

Thanks.

I
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

Paula wrote:Thats one of my bad habits Linda put mouth in gear before brain :lol:
Someone once said to me so very nicely.

Jack, I don't mind that you think slowly, as a matter of fact I like you for that, it is just that sometimes you speak too quickly.

sweet eh?
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Yes. That is very sweet, and right now, I am holding onto that thought very, very tightly. ;-)
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

cj,

I don't know your location, but there's nothing mysterious about getting tickets. Once you hear that they're on sale, and you've decided you can make the trip, just call your local Ticketmaster. They sell tickets to all events, not just concerts, but football/hockey, etc. - so, 'wherever tickets are sold' in your area is the place to call/visit. But, no hesitation, or you might lose out.
lazariuk

Post by lazariuk »

linda_lakeside wrote:Yes. That is very sweet, and right now, I am holding onto that thought very, very tightly. ;-)
It is the thoughts being held so tightly that make the words come so quickly.
Everything being said to you is true; Imagine of what it is true.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Maybe I'd be better off if I just held my thoughts and speak no more. That sounds pretty safe, doesn't it? I'll just read, while moving my lips from time to time. 8)
blonde madonna

Post by blonde madonna »

Hi Linda
I am nothing if not a dumb antipodean but I thought Montreux and Montreal were different places (and only because of the jazz festival, not due to any functional geographical knowledge). See, I've been reading the thread...but probably still typing before thinking. ;-)

Anyway I do know the tour won’t be coming my way. Which makes it even more exciting - where should I fly to?

BM
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
Teratogen

Post by Teratogen »

So many people coming out of the woodwork just because of the announcement of a tour. I hope this doesn't mean that it will be harder to get tickets now. After all, this IS only pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for some of us to see Leonard live.
"Rock and roll is dead, but I am its revival. I'm prophesied by sages died, from Buddha to the Bible." --TERATOGEN
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen (music page)
http://www.myspace.com/teratogen666 (personal page)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheNoHoldsBard?ref=profile (Facebook page)
Christine

Post by Christine »

Well Blonde M, I think Qantas stops right at my door. And here's a little Led Zep (I know, I know, damn that Rolf Harris export of yours) to bring you here - "Going to California." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZRHkXjxZew.

We are destined, I think, to go to a concert together. So your Leonard world tour begins here. I hope.

Dar, I got your bed too! None of this camping out business - you know we don't have any of the requisite skills.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”