Manchester shows

Canada and Europe (May 11 - August 3, 2008). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
secretchord

Re: Manchester shows

Post by secretchord » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:03 pm

wooohooohhh.....

my tickets just arrived in the post, 20th June, 2 tickets in the gallery
...that David played and it pleased the Lord...

http://www.myspace.com/morrinmusic
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:37 pm

I've just bought The Guardian, but to save hours of wading through numerous pages of the various sections, could anyone tell me where the Leonard ad is?!
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:57 pm

To save everyone time, the Leonard ad doesn't appear to be in the main Guardian, Review, Guide or Weekend. What should I try next? the Money section?!
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Shoot! I've just realised the secretchord's ad was posted in the early hours, so it was probably Friday's Guardian I should have bought.
secretchord

Post by secretchord » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:52 pm

John Etherington wrote:Shoot! I've just realised the secretchord's ad was posted in the early hours, so it was probably Friday's Guardian I should have bought.
erm yes, technically I should have said yesterday's guardian

it was a very nice advert as it happens but I guess that's not much help now
...that David played and it pleased the Lord...

http://www.myspace.com/morrinmusic
gingermop

Post by gingermop » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:48 am

To put everyone out of their misery....

Hands up those of you who are going to buy the Guardian at 4am on that day... :shock:
Attachments
lenguardian.jpg
lenguardian.jpg (81.08 KiB) Viewed 4495 times
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:54 am

Hi Gina,

Don't tell the touts, but the Manchester thing is just a cover-up. The Guardian are rumoured to have booked the Isle of Wight that day to accomodate their entire readership. Those of us who can't afford tickets should have no trouble tearing the fences down!

Love, John E
brokenhill

Post by brokenhill » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:19 am

Thanks guys - looks like we can relax until the 4th. When and where do they print the "Manchester" Guardian these days? Where do programmes like Newsnight get their advance copies? Could anyone post details here the evening before?
Still reliving every second of:1970 Isle of Wight, 1985 Birmingham, 2008 Manchester OH , Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Birmingham, 2009 Liverpool and ................ :o)
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi Brokenhill,

It's not a local Manchester paper that we're talking about here, it's yer actual Guardian! So any newstand in the UK should have it.

All the best, John E
gingermop

Post by gingermop » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:38 pm

brokenhill wrote:Thanks guys - looks like we can relax until the 4th. When and where do they print the "Manchester" Guardian these days? Where do programmes like Newsnight get their advance copies? Could anyone post details here the evening before?
Hello Brokenhill

John's right: The 'Manchester Guardian' is THE Guardian, as in the national broadsheet. It used to go by its full name, as it's based in Manchester.

As for advance copies: I work at the Beeb and we certainly get them, but anyone can. Papers are normally available at about 2am from whoever is open! Try a 24hr place if you're going to do that. I am hoping it's not just a case of ring-a-number or the touts will ruin it for us all the second time around.

Gina
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Well I am completley devastated NOT to be able to get hold of a ticket for Manchester!!!!
Prices hiked up way beyond my means
When I was younger I took my wedding ring off my finger and flogged it to get a ticket to see Brian Patten!
Should have left the thing on my finger for an even bigger event!!!
Hence my tears sob sob :cry:
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:47 pm

Think positive Ms (T?) Blue,

Start visualising yourself in a nice central postion a few rows from the stage, and wait for miracles. That's what I did, and it worked!

All good things, John E
ms.blue

Post by ms.blue » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks for that john but you know how it goes sometimes you can be waiting for a miracle
waiting for a miracle to come... and it doesnt!!!!
Bless you anyway :roll:
stan

Post by stan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Secret chord played and it pleased the lord and he got two tickets, i didnt play and got none.enjoy mate
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
willcarter

Post by willcarter » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:29 am

ms.blue wrote:Well I am completley devastated NOT to be able to get hold of a ticket for Manchester!!!!
Prices hiked up way beyond my means
When I was younger I took my wedding ring off my finger and flogged it to get a ticket to see Brian Patten!
Should have left the thing on my finger for an even bigger event!!!
Hence my tears sob sob :cry:
Hey ms blue, don't give up. The Guardian will presumably be selling the best part of 1900 tickets, so get the paper on April 4 and gave it a go. I'd be very surprised if the tix go on sale on that day. It is very likely to be one of those "collect 10 tokens over the next 2 weeks" sort of offers.

Good luck.

Return to “The Summer Tour 2008”