LC Event Berlin 2006 presents: ARS HARMONICA

The Berlin Event - before and after
Henning

LC Event Berlin 2006 presents: ARS HARMONICA

Post by Henning »

"We'd like to give the audience strong, positive energy with a wide range of nostalgia and passion"

says Piotr Cholowicz from Ars Harmonica. He and his co-musicians Jakob Mietla and Michal Opeldus are presenting classical and contemporary music with the accordeon on the most ambitious level .

I found them coincidently on a gloomy November day 2004 in a small church outside Berlin. All they did was to lift me up with their wonderful tunes while my mind was busy with the frightening task of how to manage an international festival. I could not resist to lead a conversation with Piotr after the show. I suddenly found myself asking him "Are you interested in giving a concert for Leonard Cohen fans in Berlin ?". Of course I did not have to explain who Leonard Cohen is. I was talking to a musician from Poland. "Sure we are" he replied. And thus we had a deal. It was my first commitment for the event.

One of 4 major event acts, Saturday August 12 at 20.00 (8 p.m) - the finest brand of accordeon music - live in concert:

ARS HARMONICA

http://www.cdquadrat.de/ars-harmonica-1.html

http://www.arsharmonica.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Henning ~

This promises to be very exciting! Accordions have such high, wonderful energy!

As someone 50% Polish, I have extremely fond memories of being at Polish weddings as a young girl ~ and dancing a mean Polka, thank you very much :wink: . I really look forward to this concert ~ and to, hopefully, find a way to dance when I'm in Poland 8) !

You're doing such a great job with this international event. An overwhelmingly, daunting task ~ and you keep bringing things that make it certain to be a unique and highly enjoyable Event!

Good on you, Henning :D !!!

Love,
Lizzy
Henning

Post by Henning »

Thank you, Liz ! I am surely keen on some little Frankie feeling in September, but if it won't work, good thing is "I'm the one to blame" !
linmag

Post by linmag »

Thanks for the info, Henning. It's nice to know a bit about the acts in advance. I hope you're planning to do the same for a few of the others. Anyone who doesn't need telling who Leonard Cohen is ok by me :)
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Henning

Post by Henning »

Greetings Linda, next 4 Fridays I will reveal all presentations.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you, Liz ! I am surely keen on some little Frankie feeling in September, but if it won't work, good thing is "I'm the one to blame" !
:wink:

~ Lizzy :D

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”