Registration milestone

The Berlin Event - before and after
Henning

Registration milestone

Post by Henning »

We now have 100 participants registered !
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's wonderful, Henning :D .

~ Lizzy
Henning

Post by Henning »

On September 21 we crossed the 50 per cent mark !
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Perfect day for Perfect progress!

Post by Guest »

That's cool. A good date for it.
Henning

Post by Henning »

As of today with the registration of Pawel Gorny & Justyna Galant from Poland we now have people from 20 countries on the list.

Come on Germans, the UK is in lead currently - we can't let them rule on our home pitch.

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/berlin ... pants.html

H.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm so pleased to see you and John on there, now, Linda :D !

< * Ali ~ cough cough ~ Lee * >

Sorry, Henning ~ I think I only know one German's name to call ~ and I've already done it.

~ Lizzy
Ali

Post by Ali »

We are registering tomorrow Lizzy, pay goes in the Bank on the last day of month - I hope maurading herds of fans do not beat us too it :lol:
ALI
X
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilage it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to live." ....... Marcus Aurelius
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

< * I feel better already. Tell me which gate you're going in. I'll meet you there, and hold the rest back until you're firmly in place. * >

Great timing :wink: .

Love,
Taking no chances,
Lizzy :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Well, Germany and the United Kingdom are neck-in-neck for registrants [U.K. ahead by one] ~ however, since the U.K. incorporates more than just England, it seems to me that Germany is the country that's ahead :D .

Kudos, Germany!
Partisan

Post by Partisan »

The fact that the event is being held in Germany has nothing at all to do with registrations of course. I can't believe i even entertained such a notion for even a second.

p.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Since it was distressing that the Event is being held in Germany, and the U.K. registrants were significantly outnumbering them, makes it quite notable that Germany has not only regained [or gained] its rightful position, but in fact, surpassed them :P . European travel is little more than a walk around the block for many there; so, even though it's being held in Germany doesn't make it a given that they'd outnumber the other countries. I don't think that was the case with N.Y. [but maybe ~ need to check].
Tony

Post by Tony »

This is really exciting and has me on the edge my seat. Can I place a bet anywhere?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes. With someone in the U.K. :P .

Of course, I have to retract my guess on the NY Event ~ as over 50% attending were from the U.S. ~ Well, it's good that this Event's going to be in Europe.

However, the competition remains: Germany vs U.K. :wink:

~ Lizzy
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Just wait until you see Australia pole vault from its bottom half position on the ladder to number one, when 75 registrants from our Toowoomba event mailing list register in the next few days, lifting our number of Aussie registrants to 78! :shock:

How could this possibly eventuate, I hear you chortle in disbelief!? :( It’s all down to our federal government’s cultural commitment, through the Australia Council for the Arts and this body’s (just announced) generous funding approval for an ‘en masse study tour’ to the Berlin 2006 Event :D , aimed at:

“The promotion of the poet, writer and songster, Leonard Cohen as an exemplar of multi-talented artistic endeavour; in particular, the encouragement of Cohenesque genres within Australian music culture, by the strategic enhancement of the annual Toowoomba Cohen birthday celebration event, through modelling of the benchmark organisational standards set in the hosting of the 2006 Berlin Leonard Cohen Event.”

It’s that simple! :wink:

Cheers :)
Andrew (Darby)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”