Other old generation pop kings/queens you like

This section is for all other music-related topics
robertcady

Other old generation pop kings/queens you like

Post by robertcady »

Hi all!

What are other old-but-gold pop kings/queens that you love? Let’s name a few of their great songs so that we can have a nice throwback time together.
its4inthemorning

Re: Other old generation pop kings/queens you like

Post by its4inthemorning »

Robert, I am not sure what "old generation" means, but I am no longer young, so am answering.

Two groups that I have gotten back into recently are Jethro Tull and Pink Floyd. For me, at least, their music has held up well. What makes a song great is in the ears of the listener, but I will throw these out: For Tull, "Look into the Sun" from "Stand Up" and "Son" from "Benefit," and for Pink Floyd, "Echoes" from "Meddle" and "High Hopes" from "The Division Bell."

These groups--most certainly Pink Floyd--have been and are discussed at length elsewhere on the internet. Nevertheless, it might prove interesting to see comments and discussion from those who venture to this forum.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!

Return to “Other music”