Rolling Stones at 2019 NOLA Jazz Fest

This section is for all other music-related topics
Squidgy

Rolling Stones at 2019 NOLA Jazz Fest

Post by Squidgy »

Meh. The sets are typically 45 mins or less. But, hey, you pays yer money & takes yer chances. Who knows, Keith Richards might finally keel over. Who'd wanna miss that?
Lots of other HUGE classic rock names this year. They should just call it a rock festival. Or smorgasbord. If you want a sampling of the sh-t you hear on commercial radio 24/7.
As always, you gotta scroll down to find any jazz. Sigh.
Not to diss the Fest, tho. There's OUTSTANDING music by not-mainstreamers like Buddy Guy, Trombone Shorty, Preservation Jazz, Amanda Shaw, & HUNDREDS of real, accomplished musicians most folks have never heard of. If you come just for the headliners, you're missing the best.
It's the little names that interest me most-- people who barely make a living but who play year after year, for the sheer joy & not the money.
My must-see pick for this year: a band called Hooray for the Riff-Raff.
Kush

Re: Rolling Stones at 2019 NOLA Jazz Fest

Post by Kush »

It's the little names that interest me most
Yep. They are at least as good as the headliners...at least to my untrained ears !
Squidgy

Re: Rolling Stones at 2019 NOLA Jazz Fest

Post by Squidgy »

Yep. It's worth a trip to NOLA-- during Jazzfest-- to skip the actual Festival & just catch a few of the performers in the various clubs around town. At night, when it's cool.
Being a redhead, standing in the broiling sun & feeling my skin cooking like bacon-- not fun!

Return to “Other music”