suppose you had the misfortune to be sentenced to death

This section is for all other music-related topics
sebmelmoth2003

suppose you had the misfortune to be sentenced to death

Postby sebmelmoth2003 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:44 pm

what songs would you sing as as you awaited the firing squad's bullets?

it doesn't have to be leonard's songs, of course - although i imagine most of this board's readers would choose at least one leonard song.
---
this thought provoked by a blog post at premier christianity magazine

Earlier this year, the worship song ‘10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)’ was sung by a group of prisoners as they faced a 13-man firing squad in Indonesia. Speaking to Premier, worship leader Matt Redman, who wrote the song with Swedish songwriter Jonas Myrin, described the incident as ‘profound’

The prisoners in question included ‘Bali Nine’ ringleaders Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, who had been on death row for almost a decade for drug trafficking. All but one of the eight had turned to Christ since the start of their incarceration...

...when the day came for them to face the firing squad, something extraordinary happened. The prisoners declined the offer to wear blindfolds and instead stood and faced their executors.

According to witnesses, they recited the Lord’s Prayer, embraced one another, and sang two songs, ‘Amazing Grace’ and ‘10,000 Reasons’, before their voices were drowned out by gunfire.

‘They sang one song after another, praising God,’ Pr Karina de Vega, who was present at the execution, told Fairfax Media. ‘They sang a few songs together, like in a choir. The non-Christian I believe sang from his heart. It was such an experience...

http://www.premierchristianity.com/Blog ... 00-Reasons

personally i think death sentences are pretty disgusting - just my opinion, of course.

i'm still mulling over my music to sing (if the worst happens) - it's a difficult choice.

Return to “Other music”