Dylan Bootleg Series Vol 6

This section is for all other music-related topics
Epurcelly

Dylan Bootleg Series Vol 6

Postby Epurcelly » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:44 am

Has anyone picked up this record? (CD whatever)
The sound is wonderful, as is the set of songs. As all Boot Series have been in the past, the package is beautiful. Some cool pics of Bob as a young man of 23 years.
The songs with Joan Baez are terrible, so bad that I wish that Columbia had left them off, made the set only 1 disc, and lowered the $22 price tag.
"Mama, You Been On My Mind" is a fucking disaster, and being one of my favorite Dylan songs, needless to say I was disappointed.
But overall the show was amazing and Dylan was in rare form. It is definatly worth picking up.
Or you can wait until Victoria's Secret gives it away for free. :)
ep
lightning

Postby lightning » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:51 pm

There are some excellent Amazon customer reviews at the American Amazon site. The one by voodoolord7 is the best so far. I contributed one that wasn't printed called "A bootleg is a bootleg is a bootleg" saying I bought a 2CD bootleg on the street of this for $7 and replaced the bootleg cassette I had from long ago which also cost $7. I also asked who is Columbia kidding by calling this CD "Bootleg 6"?. I reminded them that the man said "To live outside the law you must be honest" and that Victoria's Secret would continue to support the elder Bob as long as he could sell underpants. Most Amazon reviewers agree with you that the Baez tracks are awful. To me she just seemed unnecessary. But she was his angel at the time, ("picking up angel who just arrived here from the coast") and seemed necessary to him.The rest of the comments are ,overall, properly worshipful. You could probably add to them.

Return to “Other music”