MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD

This section is for all other music-related topics
Paula

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD

Post by Paula »

Sirus - That comment about John is bang out of order. I did not realise you were such a bigot.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Hey Paula - guess we should be more conscious of feeding the trolls!

John E x
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Glad you take it so lightly, John, I admire you for that - for I am offended in your name.
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

I find both of sirus's posts offensive.

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Hi Paula, Womanfromaroom and friscogirl,

From my angle, it's not worth wasting psychic energy on posts like sirus's. Presumably it was intended to offend or gain attention, or came (maybe indirecty) from some deeper personal issue. I expected it to be wiped off the board promptly, but board patrol must be running on a low flame.

My own thoughts on the issues raised are first and foremost that no form of innapropriate behaviour with underage persons can be condoned in any way. From a purely speculative point of view, I suspect that Jackson was gulity of taking young people into his bed and possibly fondling them. He seemed to have a genuine naivete, and fortunately I doubt that it went much further. I also suspect that he gave pay-offs to the parents, which really makes you wonder where they were coming from (i.e. if they accepted money rather than justice). That said, it doesn't achieve anything hating Jackson - most especially now that he is departed. Unfortunately, a tragic set of circumstances led him to be the way that he was, and ultimately to his death.

So R.I.P Michael, John E
Roy

Post by Roy »

I started watching MTV when it first came out in 1981; I was only 3 years old. Michael Jackson was my first idol and Leonard Cohen was the last marble I added in the jar when I was 10 and put the lid on it. Along the way, between Michael Jackson and Leonard Cohen, I added Elton John, Bernie Taupin, Chicago, Peter Cetera, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Prince, and "Weird Al" Yankovic.

Michael Jackson Studio Albums:

01. 1972 Got To Be There
02. 1972 Ben
03. 1973 Music & Me
04. 1975 Forever, Michael
05. 1979 Off The Wall
06. 1982 Thriller
07. 1987 Bad
08. 1991 Dangerous
09. 2001 Invincible

Michael Jackson Singles:
Got To Be There, Ben, I Wanna Be Where You Are, Rockin' Robin, With A Child's Heart, Just A Little Bit Of You, We're Almost There, Ease On Down The Road, Off The Wall, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, Rock With You, She's Out Of My Life, One Day In Your Life, Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing), Human Nature, The Girl Is Mine, Say Say Say, We Are The World, Farewell My Summer Love, 2300 Jackson Street, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Another Part Of Me, Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana, Leave Me Alone, Man In The Mirror, Liberian Girl, Black Or White, Remember The Time, In The Closet, Jam, Who Is It, Will You Be There, Heal The World, Give In To Me, Scream, You Are Not Alone, They Don't Care About Us, Childhood, Stranger In Moscow, Blood On The Dance Floor, Earth Song, You Rock My World, Butterflies, Cry

The Jackson 5 / The Jacksons Studio Albums:

01. 1970 ABC
02. 1970 Christmas Album
03. 1970 Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5
04. 1970 Third Album
05. 1971 Goin' Back To Indiana
06. 1971 Maybe Tomorrow
07. 1972 Lookin' Through The Windows
08. 1973 Get It Together
09. 1973 Skywriter
10. 1974 Dancing Machine
11. 1975 Moving Violation
12. 1977 Goin' Places
13. 1977 The Jacksons
14. 1979 Destiny
15. 1980 Triumph
16. 1984 Victory
17. 1989 2300 Jackson Street

The Jackson 5 / The Jacksons Singles:
ABC, I Found That Girl, I Want You Back, I'll Be There, Who's Loving You, The Love You Save, Mama's Pearl, Maybe Tomorrow, Never Can Say Goodbye, Corner of the Sky, Little Bitty Pretty One, Lookin' Through The Windows, Sugar Daddy, Get It Together, Hallelujah Day, Dancing Machine, Whatever You Got I Want, All I Do Is Think Of You, Forever Came Today, I Am Love (Parts I & II), Enjoy Yourself, Goin' Places, Show You The Way To Go, Blame It On The Boogie, Find Me A Girl, Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground), Lovely One, Can You Feel It, Walk Right Now, Body, State of Shock, Torture, Time Out For The Burglar, Nothin' That Compares 2 U, 2300 Jackson Street
Last edited by Roy on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:09 am, edited 7 times in total.
LEONARD COHEN | HALLS OF FAME
The Official Halls of Fame Biographies of Leonard Cohen
http://www.leonardcohenhallsoffame.blogspot.com
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

i've heard a rumour that leonard will be doing the moonwalk at weybridge in tribute.

regarding sirus's thoughtful anathematisation - it's surprising that with all the tens of thousands of kids who've passed thru michael's hands (in a manner of speaking) only two seem to have complained.

and those two were manipulated by adults in their families who saw the possibility of gaining entry to michael's capacious bank account.

which leads me to speculate that michael was NOT an out-of-control predatory paedophile.

there may have been some imprudent acts by him but since when have artists been expected to be perfect.

macaulay culkin was a staunch friend.

surely if michael was an exploitative fiend macaulay would have denounced him - but denounciation came there none.

and mark lester (the boy star of the movie oliver) also became a close friend and godfather to michael's children.

would mr lester really have allowed michael to befriend him and his family if michael was some kind of monster?

michael's passing is so sad. i hope his children receive the help they need to endure this trauma.

http://www.healtheworld.us/members/htwf
Roy

Post by Roy »

When Michael Jackson was little...

He was verbally and physically abused by his father

His father would tell him he had a big nose and that he was ugly

Before going out to perform on stage, his father would tell him that there were people in the audience with guns trying to kill him, so he would have to keep moving and dancing

Michael's older brothers would have sex with girls from the audience at hotels with Michael being in the same room

He had bad acne problems

He broke his nose after tripping on stage during a concert and had surgery to fix it

In the 1980s...

Michael Jackson had more plastic surgery

Michael Jackson's head got burned and he fell down a staircase during the making of a Pepsi commercial, which his father had arranged for him and his brothers to do

More plastic surgery

Started taking pain killers because of all the surgeries he's had, and probably from all the dancing too

In the 1990s...

Michael claimed he had vitalago, which caused his skin color to lighten, but the media would insist he bleached his skin

He was accused of child molestation, and paid the boy's family 20 million dollars to go away because he didn't want it to drag out in court

The boy was sick and Michael was helping his family pay their medical expenses

In the 2000s...

Accused of child molestation again by another sick boy whom Michael was helping pay medical expenses for

The case went to court---Michael Found NOT GUILTY on all 10 charges

Michael dies and his father prances out at the BET AWARDS (Black Entertainment Television) all dressed up and promoting a new indie album from one of his own indie groups while he's walking in to the ceremony and talking to the reporters.
Piper wrote:Image
Piper wrote::brick: :clashwho:
:brick: :clashwho:
Last edited by Roy on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Squidgy

Post by Squidgy »

sirus wrote:John Etherington,a perfect example of what I've always said, "You don't actually have to be black to be a nigger".
"Well I'm proud to be a whigger with a snigger..."
(quoth me, in falsetto merle haggard impersonation, skipping off into the rainbow...)
Roy

Post by Roy »

sebmelmoth2003 wrote:i've heard a rumour that leonard will be doing the moonwalk at weybridge in tribute.
Where did you get this info from? Is there a link?
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

i've ordered a dozen commemorative plates so i can appropiately host MJ-themed feasts :

http://www.danburymint.co.uk/index.php? ... kiks_code=

http://www.brooksandbentley.co.uk/produ ... tive-Plate
------------------
not to mention the myriad other items at eBay :

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... jackson%22

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories
Last edited by sebmelmoth2003 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Quasand

Post by Quasand »

I'm sorry....but I was totally disgusted with Joe Jackson and his "interview" on the red carpet at the BET Awards the other night. Asked how he was doing......"GREAT" (his response).....NOT TO MENTION PUSHING HIS RECORD LABEL .....and sooooooooooooo much more. NOT a grieving father......at all!!!!! Also...the interviewer started with something to do with the loss of Michael and "Joe" went on to say at first........."and"??? (I guess u had to see it).......NOT the correct or expected response of a grieving father. I was seriously sickened by his behavior. Joe Jackson still is always about the money. He didn't care about his family in the Jackson 5 days and he sure doesn't now! To push your record label when your son is dead is not what you do as a parent!!! I'm sorry to see these deplorable actions taken after Micheal Jackson's death.
sebmelmoth2003

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

re rumour that leonard will be doing the moonwalk at weybridge in tribute.
Where did you get this info from?...
i was joking.

i wonder if leonard and michael's paths ever crossed? does anyone know if they met?

i'm sure they appreciated each other's talents -even though manifested in different ways.
----------------
it's bad news for diversity - a hip-hop dancing crew who were booked as a support act for michael's london concerts at £10,000 each night.

for anyone who doesn't know `diversity` (deservedly IMO) won a uk tv show called `britain's got talent`.

look them up on youtube if you want to see some cool street-dancing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... at-O2.html
---------------
and here's a thrilling martial version of michael's masterpiece :

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... ?#EMC-Bltn
Paula

Post by Paula »

The Coldstream Guards in Birdcage Walk yesterday with their rendition of Thriller

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... usive.html

Michael Jackson at rehersals two days before he died.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- ... y_AEG_Live
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

[Paula ~ I was thinking that Megan was planning to see Michael in London. Am I remembering it wrong that you agreed to accompany her to see Michael, if she would accompany you to see Leonard? Or was she going to see someone else? I was hoping that someone had initiated a thread regarding his death. When I would come here, I only looked in the Everything Else section, though... where the readership would be greater, I think. I was coming to start one myself, but then did a search for previous postings under your name, where his name had been mentioned ~ thinking of the tickets ~ and, hence, discovered this thread. I'm glad to know it was you who did it, Paula.]

My heartfelt condolences and my heartfelt sorrow are what prevail in Michael's death. They are both with Michael's family [the ones who truly care] and his loved ones as they grieve his loss. I'm heartsick about his death and have been watching mega coverage [primarily CNN] of the unfolding, tragic situation surrounding it.

Michael was a damaged child who grew to be an adult with a tortured soul, who never NEVER had a childhood until he became that adult and created Neverland, where he was able to at least find some solace doing some childhood things... like climbing a huge, grandmother tree, to sit in the branches, where he wrote some of his songs. I watched a special with Larry King, done on location on the Ranch last night. An amazing place. It was a place where his family and friends gathered to have brilliantly wonderful and loving times together. It was a place he shared to give joy to others, as well.

As a child, Michael had to EARN whatever love his father might have been able to give, but I don't see where it was ever genuine love to begin with; it seems it was nothing more than blind ambition on his father's part, as he turned his kids into performers, for his own gain. Michael's ultimate professional separation from his father is understandable.

I've never been able to believe the exploitive allegations against Michael. This country is lawsuit-happy and, unfortunately, Larry King was unable to testify at his trial that as he sat in a restaurant, attorney seated at a table next to him were discussing how the charges were trumped up and false. The problem is that he didn't get their names, so as to have them subpoenaed, so what he had to say came under heresay.

Michael's father ridiculed Michael incessantly, at the same time that he pressured him to be the best performer of the Jackson Five... the golden child and the target child, all at the same time. Michael's surgery his discontent with his nose based on years of Joe telling him he was ugly and had a fat nose.

Many MANY people who knew Michael up close support his innocence. Deepak Chopra and his son, have both known him since the son was very young. The list goes on. Greedy parents will do anything to set themselves up for life.

Why anyone here would select the most unattractive photos of Michael [I don't understand that, Actually] to post is beyond me. Why not a photo of him from the "Thriller" period of his life.

There isn't a continent who didn't know who Michael Jackson was... and not because of the allegations. There isn't a country that has media connections who doesn't know who he is... and both of those long before the allegations. He is revered worldwide for his singular impact on the music industry. He is also revered by many for his singular record of the greatest philanthropist for his unparalleled contributions to charities. He used Neverland to bring many dying children there to have fun in their last days. His closest friends support him in his innocence and his goodness as a human being... how deeply caring he was for other people and his NEVER speaking badly of anyone! Not even of his father! He mentioned his own hurt and he admitted, upon questioning, that he did sometimes get angry. The bottom line, however, was that he wished he could understand his father like he does his mother.

I shared EXACTLY your reaction to Joe's appalling, Red Carpet interview, Quasand. It was repulsive as he spoke of how "We have lost the World's Greatest Rock Star" [words very close to that effect]... excuse me? Have you not lost a SON!?! If not already planned for, I'm quite convinced that Janet's appearance later in the night was propelled by her watching her father's behaviour earlier... to show the HUMAN side of their family's loss! Joe ~ there to SELF PROMOTE his own new project, some record label or something. He didn't even know the friggin' name of it, but sure had to get it out there! When the CNN interviewer asked about the anniversary celebration in Vegas, MEANING to get to the fact that Michael was there with their entire family and had told them that he wanted to do something with them in the final days of his tour, having everyone join him... the interviewer FIRST had to get Joe to understand what he was mentioning... the anniversary... by repeating it! And THEN, Joe launches into a wholly, self-absorbed explanation of how it was their first celebration... and how it went very well and they really had a good time... and not a WORD about MICHAEL! I was alone and literally 'yelling' at the TV. Even had Michael not mentioned Joe in the will, that interview alone was enough to show me the total LACK of caring that Joe has for Michael!

One thing that Leonard and Michael share is their perfectionism. In their field and in their respective ways, Leonard is a genius, and Michael was a genius. We all know the perfectionist that Leonard is and Michael was the very same. Everything he did... his dancing, the writing and construction of his music, his productions ["Thriller" being a theatrical first for video presentations]... was with intense attention to detail and perfection. Fred Astaire phoned him at one point and told him he was the greatest dancer in the world. When you watch him dance, it's as though he was aware of every single joint connection in his body and was in total command of them. When he spoke in an interview about writing "Billie Jean," he spoke of it as though it were literature... with the four main characters layered, and one bass line being the protagonist. It was a very interesting interview. He was a relentless researcher of things he involved himself with... even as a child, he was an intense observer and questioner. When the other Jackson kids would be fooling around, he would be watching how everyone acted, behaved, spoke, sung, played music, and was constantly asking questions. He was beyond his years in many ways, with evidence of this in his friendships with Elizabeth Taylor, Diana Ross, and others.

Michael's impact has been worldwide and will be forever lasting. I have no choice but to look at him with deep compassion and deep admiration and caring. The Man in the Mirror was a beautiful person on the outside for most of his life, and always beautiful person inside; I'm glad for the people who realized that during his lifetime and let him know. I'm sorry for the externally-instilled demons that compelled him to try to change his outward appearance as he did. [To whoever mentioned his skin, it was a skin condition that caused a bleaching of the pigmentation.]

There is supposed to be a video that will come out regarding the preparations for this tour, including rehearsal footage. If/when it does, I'll get it.

May Michael's gentle soul with a voice equally soft and gentle rest in eternal peace. G~d be with you, Michael. You deserved every bit of happiness you were able to find here. May the world come to remember you for all the great and the good that you were and all the greatness and goodness you brought. I'm so sorry you're gone.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Other music”