Music You're Listening To

This section is for all other music-related topics
dharma

Music You're Listening To

Post by dharma »

What music is everyone listening to?

Right now I'm listening to...

Just Another Diamond Day ~ Vashti Bunyan

London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
dharma

Re: Music You're Listening To

Post by dharma »

Currently playing on my iPod... 8)

London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

At this moment I am listening to a podcast by Colleen from Compassionate Cooks entitled The Vegetarian Philosophy of Pythagoras, as told by Ovid in "The Metamorphoses" It's pretty good.
dharma

Post by dharma »

i listened to nick cave's new album a few times over the weekend, but couldn't really dig it (pun intended), so out came this old favourite...

nice to see cave at #4 in the uk album charts though :D
iknowitsover

Post by iknowitsover »

Huge fan of Mr Cave
and in anticipation of hearing the new album I'm currently hopping through all the oldies, but No More Shall We Part (and The Sorrowful Wife in particular) is standing right out ;-)
iknowitsover

Post by iknowitsover »

Also dredging the past here and listening to some Van der Graaf Generator... Peter Hammill ..he's the man!
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle. I saw two of their "Odessey and Oracle" concerts at Shepherd's Bush Empire on Friday and Saturday (with original members Chris White and Hugh Grundy, and Darian Sahanaja from the Brian Wilson band on mellotron).
Totally sublime...and two of the best concerts I've ever seen. The show included Colin Blunstone singing 3 songs with a string quintet.

All good things, John E

P.S. Dharma...I love the Vashti Bunyan album. I bought it after seeing her comeback concert at The Barbican.
dharma

Post by dharma »

John Etherington wrote:P.S. Dharma...I love the Vashti Bunyan album. I bought it after seeing her comeback concert at The Barbican.
I was also at the Folk Brittania concert, John, but missed Joe Boyd's pre-concert talk.

I remember Vashti being very nervous when she came on stage, her hands shaking, and she had that stumble during one song, forgetting the words, but I really enjoyed the concert and seeing the likes of Bert Jansch and Mike Heron. :)
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Hi Dharma,

I enjoyed seeing Mike Heron and his daughter. It was good to hear "You Get Brighter" which was the first Incredible String Band song that I heard (and loved) in the Sixties. I too missed Joe Boyd's talk, but I then saw him give talks in Highgate, Brighton and Angel. His
book "White Bicycles" is essential reading.

All best wishes, John E
dharma

Post by dharma »

I must get round to reading that book, John. :)
Henning

Post by Henning »

Sometimes I listen to stuff like this:

http://www.tea-and-oranges.de/mp3/itsasag.mp3
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Diane

Post by Diane »

Henning wrote:Sometimes I listen to stuff like this:

http://www.tea-and-oranges.de/mp3/itsasag.mp3
Thank you H! How lovely that was.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Apocalyptica

Living with teenagers has greatly expended my musical taste.

Jarkko could maybe tell us more about them since they are from Findland.
Last edited by Simon on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cohen is the koan
Why else would I still be stuck here
Diane

Post by Diane »

Nice to see you back on here, Simon.

Talking of Finnish bands, here's a song I love from when Tarja Turunen was the lead with Nightwish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmDWvGKLzBE
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

My son has introduced me to a lot of great stuff. On my playlist at the moment I have besides Leonard, Bonny Prince Billy, Damian Jurado, Iron and Wine, Richard Hawley, Cousteau, Woven Hand, Nick Cave, Andrea Bocelli, Anjani, Antony and the Johnsons, Black Heart Procession, Calexico, Cat Power, the National.... to name a few :D

Return to “Other music”