Toronto Gathering - Greek Restaurant

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
vern.silver

Toronto Gathering - Greek Restaurant

Post by vern.silver »

I have made a reservation for 10 at the Ouzeri restaurant for those who have indicated a desire to join us on the 31st of May re the Toronto Gathering thread.

More to follow.

Here is a link to the restaurant with a map showing location:

http://www.toronto.com/restaurants/listing/212428

Vern
vern.silver

more info

Post by vern.silver »

For everyone planning on attending the greek restaurant on the Thursday night, The time for the reservation is 7:00pm. I am suggesting that we all meet in the Lobby of the Delta Chelsea Hotel (those that don't know Toronto anyway) at around 6:00 / 6:15 and ride the subway together.

It is a 'short' ride but one transfer has to be made. The subway stop we will get off on is at Chester Ave and is only a very short walk to the resaurant.

for those who could not get the map link to work on this page, go to

http://www.toronto.com

clink on the restaurant tab on the top of the page, then scroll down the list of 'types' of restaurants on the left side of the page and click on the Greek link. The Ouzeri will be in the top 10 on the list. click on the map link (it is a google map.)

I have made reservation considering only those who have indicated an interest. If you have not done so, and wish to join us let me know ASAP so that I can update the reservation.

Vern
Dem

Post by Dem »

I will be with you in spirit.

Drink a glass of ouzo "stin ygeia mou"!

Greetings to beloved Toronto
and to those damn Greeks in Danforth! :)

Dem
Christine

Toronto June 2... A Conversation with LC / Glass

Post by Christine »

Perhaps you could fit this in, Vern:

http://www.toronto.com/arts/event/515512

Editor's Profile
Be part of an amazing event taking place this summer. As part of the Luminato festival, the Winter Garden Theatre presents A Conversation with Leonard Cohen and Philip Glass. Music master Philip Glass teams with one of Canada’s most beloved songwriter, poet and performers Leonard Cohen, to examine the creative process that resulted in the Luminato's world premiere of their collaboration, Book of Longing.

John Rockwell, former editor of the New York Times Arts and Leisure section, and most recently, the Times' Chief Dance Critic, will be acting as moderator for the event. Limit 2 tickets per person.

This event is a part of Luminato, the Toronto festival of arts and creativity.
John K.

Re: Toronto Gathering - Greek Restaurant

Post by John K. »

brendya wrote:Where do I report a restaurant for having potentially hazardous things in their food?
So I ate some bone with an eggroll at a local restaurant. Second time its happened so I have to do something right? Who do I contact about this so they will be investigated or something proactive is done?
OMG! :lol:

I suppose this one-off post is subject to deletion as it seems like it may be spam, but I think it's performance art. I had to save it!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

brendya wrote:Where do I report a restaurant for having potentially hazardous things in their food?
So I ate some bone with an eggroll at a local restaurant. Second time its happened so I have to do something right? Who do I contact about this so they will be investigated or something proactive is done?
I would suggest A) a new restaurant or B) if you don't want to switch to a new restaurant...give up egg rolls. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazed....
Diana
jillmason7

Post by jillmason7 »

vern.silver wrote:I have made a reservation for 10 at the Ouzeri restaurant for those who have indicated a desire to join us on the 31st of May re the Toronto Gathering thread.

More to follow.

Here is a link to the restaurant with a map showing location:

http://www.toronto.com/restaurants/listing/212428 Toronto

Vern
I realize this is an old post but I am new to the forum.. When is the next toronto gathering?

thanks in advance,

Jill
Last edited by jillmason7 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Hi Jill, welcome to the forum!
Many local gatherings occur whenever someone decides to put them together, not on a regular schedule. If you stick around for just a little while I'm sure you'll run into quite a few members from Toronto and it should not be difficult for you to arrange another gathering. (Of course, there's always the possibility of another "gathering" that occurs in a musical venue, involves buying tickets and includes a certain guest of honor. But nobody knows about that for sure at this point...)

Avi
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012

Return to “Other gatherings”