Buxton, England 1st Sept.

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
margaret

Re: Buxton, England 1st Sept.

Post by margaret »

We'd love to see you Wendy and Tony. Some of us are arriving Thursday so we can sort out a place to meet up in the afternoon or early evening of Thursday and take it from there.

margaret
linmag

Post by linmag »

We'll be arriving Thursday, but not sure what time as the shower room is being gutted and refitted that week (and the previous one). We're hoping the guy has over estimated the time it will take, but we're booked into the Roseleigh for 3 nights from Thursday so will be there some time. Btw our friend Sue, who came with us to Hydra, will be with us so perhaps she should go on the participants list. She doesn't walk, so I may hang around the Buxton coffee shops with her, but I know John will be interested in any walks going.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
margaret

Post by margaret »

That's fine if Sue comes. My John can't walk either and there may be a few others just hanging around!
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Hi everyone
Jean and I were originally coming on Thursday but unfortunately circumstances mean we now won't be arriving until Fri morning . What have you planned for Friday because we don't want to miss anything ? Margaret we are in the Roseleigh so I hope to see you Friday but if not can you let me know the plans . Solomans Mount sounds good !
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
margaret

Post by margaret »

At present the plan for Friday is to meet outside our lodgings' (most of us are in neighbouring hotels) for the short walk uphill to Solomons temple. 12.00 meet, then we can make a group decision afterwards for other activities.

margaret
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

philip it's a TEMPLE not a mount...solomon's temple on grin low...i too shall be arriving on friday morning..

my train arrives in buxton at 11:48 so i shall see you and jean and the rest of the gang at 11:59 outside the roseleigh ..
here is some homework for you....
http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/co ... efault.asp

and please ask jean to write your name and address on a piece of paper and to tie it round your neck...we wouldn't want to lose you this trip...

and for goodness sake PLEASE PLEASE order your eggs the night before...ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Henning

Post by Henning »

Please don't fall off the cliffs, friends.

Isn't it nice to see the yellow and black on this thread ?
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

butt out bro...

..this is the thread for ORIGINAL leonard cohen walker's weekend ...not the copycat one that tries to masquerade as the true walking group....

although they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....but nevertheless.. butt out...

ta ken
Henning

Post by Henning »

I will. I am way too young for a debate about what is original.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

and more good news padma has now signed up to join us...padma is going to be another thursday arrival and staying a few miles outside of town but not too sure exactly what time she will be arriving...so can some of the folk who will be there in buxton on the thursday contact her to swap mobile numbers...it will be fun to set some time aside for a bit of twin set and pearls fashion talk...ta ken
75349d7e9a07cb468ae03e8e952a61f9-1.jpg

Return to “Other gatherings”