Adelaide Gathering 10th Dec, 2013

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
AlanM

Adelaide Gathering 10th Dec, 2013

Post by AlanM »

In consideration of the Adelaide concert on 11th December, 2013 being the last one in Australia for a while, a group of us gathered at my house for an informal meet up.
Interstate guests and Forum stalwarts, Bev, Andrew and Murray added to our enjoyment of the evening.
Arlene Dick was a great supporter of the Adelaide fan group, and sadly as she will never be able to join us in person, we invited her in photographic form, and drank a toast to her friendship.
Forum friends
Forum friends
Several of our normal attendees were unable to make it due to work and other commitments, so there will be more at the concert this evening.
Early arrivals
Early arrivals
The dog on the right is Roscoe, on the left is Connor.
Andrew, Alice & Dean
Andrew, Alice & Dean
Alice arrived later than the others, but made up for it by running a Leonard Cohen Quiz, in which there were no right answers, only appropriate ones. Everyone participated enthusiastically.
The wine bottle on the left of this photo is from the Leconfield Winery where the "A Day On The Green" Leonard Cohen concert was held just outside Adelaide on 26th January, 2009.
The wine bottle on the right of the photo is from Bimbadgen winery in the Hunter Valley, where the "A Day On The Green" Leonard Cohen concert was held on 23rd November, 2013.

Music was based on the set lists from the concerts in 2012 and 2013, but I made a playlist of the studio versions of each of these Cohen songs. As the evening progressed the volume was turned up and more joined in to sing along.

Hopefully we will be able to have a similar gathering before the next Adelaide concert.

Alan
Last edited by AlanM on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
AlanM

Re: Adelaide Gathering 10th Dec, 2013

Post by AlanM »

Bev & Andrew
Bev & Andrew
Alan
Alan
I am happy to report that my "Closing Time No No No" T shirt arrived on time.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013

Return to “Other gatherings”